PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Attacks?

Oyabun
2015-10-12, 02:09 PM
Hi guys, I have several problems with the working way of multiple attacks.

1. Our number of attacks increase by one, when we increase our base attack by 5(of course after 6, which is the points that gives us the second attack.). 20 lv fighter can make 4 attacks per turn. How about after 20? For example ıf ı have 30 lv fighter and 21 lv barbar, does this give me 10 attack per turn or it just stop after 4 ?

2. One of my friend said '' Monster does not gain multiple attacks according to the their base attack bonus. It depends on their race, size.... ''. When I look the monster manual it really looks true. For example Elder Titan has 4 attack. However, Greater Stone Golem have 2 attacks even though ıts base attack bonus is 31. My question is how does it really work? and what happen if ı take some race with high base attack bonus and class such as fighter. Can ı add my races's base attack bonus to my class bonus to calculate how many attacks can ı have?

Note: Sorry for my bad language, English is just not my Mother Tongue.

Ruethgar
2015-10-12, 02:14 PM
The max is four attacks from BaB.

All creatures get iterative attacks from BaB as normal, but without a feat those iteratives cannot be applied to natural attacks making it a useless features for many creatures who can't use weapons.

Darrin
2015-10-12, 02:23 PM
1. Our number of attacks increase by one, when we increase our base attack by 5(of course after 6, which is the points that gives us the second attack.). 20 lv fighter can make 4 attacks per turn. How about after 20? For example ıf ı have 30 lv fighter and 21 lv barbar, does this give me 10 attack per turn or it just stop after 4 ?

You can only have a maximum of 4 iterative attacks (based on your BAB). Once you're above level 20, epic rules take over, and instead of BAB increases, you get an "epic bonus" on all your attacks.

2. One of my friend said '' Monster does not gain multiple attacks according to the their base attack bonus. It depends on their race, size.... ''. When I look the monster manual it really looks true. For example Elder Titan has 4 attack. However, Greater Stone Golem have 2 attacks even though ıts base attack bonus is 31. My question is how does it really work? and what happen if ı take some race with high base attack bonus and class such as fighter. Can ı add my races's base attack bonus to my class bonus to calculate how many attacks can ı have?

Monsters usually attack with their natural weapons, which can only attack once per round. Some monsters can wield manufactured weapons, and they get iterative attacks based on their BAB just like PCs do. The Elder Titan, for example, is wielding a manufactured weapon. If you disarm him, he gets two slam attacks, just like the Stone Golem. Slam = natural weapon.