PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pimp my Half-Orc Cleric of Gorum!

Zubrowka74
2015-10-12, 09:53 PM
I'm currently playing a PFS character for which I had something special in mind but I didn't write it down. Sleep deprivation made my once-legendary memory lay to waste so now I'm stuck with this character concept that lacks a special path to follow. I hope you suggestions may arouse my altered mind and make me remember what was that "big something" I had in mind when I created this toon! (it had something to do with prestige classes)

Female half-orc cleric of Gorum 1
CN Medium humanoid (human, orc)
Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +2
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 10, flat-footed 16 (+6 armor)
hp 14 (1d8+5)
Fort +3, Ref +0, Will +4
Defensive Abilities orc ferocity
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee greatsword +4 (2d6+6/19-20)
Special Attacks channel positive energy 5/day (DC 12, 1d6), destructive smite (+1, 5/day), ferocious strike
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +3)
. . 1st—divine favor, enlarge person[D] (DC 13), protection from evil
. . 0 (at will)—detect magic, light, spark[APG] (DC 12)
. . D Domain spell; Domains Destruction, Strength (Ferocity subdomain)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 18, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 14
Base Atk +0; CMB +4; CMD 14
Feats Toughness
Traits reactionary, tireless
Skills Acrobatics -5 (-9 to jump), Intimidate +4, Knowledge (religion) +3; Racial Modifiers +2 Intimidate
Languages Common, Orc
SQ orc blood
Combat Gear wand of cure light wounds (CL 3rd, 8 charges), holy water (2), pellet grenade, iron[UE]; Other Gear chainmail, greatsword, backpack, belt pouch, iron holy symbol of Amulet, compartment[UE], 57 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Cleric Channel Positive Energy 1d6 (5/day, DC 12) (Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead; negative has the reverse effect.
Cleric Domain (Destruction) Granted Powers: You revel in ruin and devastation, and can deliver particularly destructive attacks.
Cleric Domain (Ferocity)
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Destructive Smite +1 (5/day) (Su) Make a melee attack with morale bonus to damage.
Ferocious Strike (+1, 5/day) (Su) +1 damage for a melee attack.
Orc Blood Half-orcs count as both humans and orcs for any effect related to race.
Orc Ferocity (1/day) If brought below 0 Hp, can act as though disabled for 1 rd.
Tireless You are accustomed to working long hours and weathering difficult conditions just to get the job done. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Constitution checks made to resist nonlethal damage from swimming, forced marches, starvation, thirst, and hot and col
Wayfinder, jade (empty) Crafted in distant Tian Xia, the jade casing of this wayfinder is decorated with serpentine dragons wound around the Glyph of the Open Road. Instead of light, a jade wayfinder can be used to cast guidance.

Arc_knight25
2015-10-13, 01:07 PM
Hey

I would love to help you with this character build that you have forgotten. Where you focused on keeping full casting? or where you planning on going for more of a front-line fighter feel?

There are a few Prestige classes that would fit the flavour of Gorum.

What was the rest of your party consisting of as well?

Also I believe you should have 16HP not 14. Pathfinder changed the Toughness feat. +3HP then +1HP for each Hit Dice after 3.

Zubrowka74
2015-10-13, 08:31 PM
Also I believe you should have 16HP not 14. Pathfinder changed the Toughness feat. +3HP then +1HP for each Hit Dice after 3.

That's 8 HP for cleric 1, +1 from CON, +1 for my favored class, +1 for the Tireless trait and +3 for the Toughness feat. That's 14 HP in my books ;)

Yes, it's going to be a battle cleric, full on with the Gorum theme. I don't think casting was gimped as I don't recall multiclassing. I did choose to rack up the HPs for a reason.

It's starting to sound like a riddle, isn't it?

The party will vary since it's PFS but right now it's pretty much gish (magus, arcane duelist) or gish-like builds like mine, with a witch and a fighter.

Arc_knight25
2015-10-14, 07:40 AM
My bad on the HP. I didn't look through your stat line. I just say the +5 next to the 1d8 for hp.

You had mentioned a Prestige Class from your OP.

Would Holy Vindicator work?

Other then that maybe some of the Cleric Archetypes.

Divine Strategist and Crusader can fit your build idea.

Not to change your current build but have you looked at the Warpriest class?

Zubrowka74
2015-10-15, 01:59 PM
Not to change your current build but have you looked at the Warpriest class?

Wasn't an option at the time, as I don't own the books and now it's too late to change. I'll look up the PrC and see if this does spark my memory. Had a nice twist...