PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for a way to force target to reroll and take the worst result

Kol Korran
2015-10-14, 10:04 AM
Heya! For a specific encounter I'm planning for the party, I'm looking for any class feature/ spell/ magic item/ power or anything really, that can be used to make a target roll twice (Specifically a save) and take the worst result.

It's for a villain who wishes for one particular target o fail on one particular save...

I prefer Paizo published material (Though I may consider other stuff), but if it's from classes, than just core, base, or hybrid classes.

Thanks in advance! :smallsmile:
Kol.

Hazrond
2015-10-14, 10:07 AM
if you can keep them in 30 feet a Pugwampi can do it (WARNING: Pugwampis screw EVERYTHING up, they have no filter on the unluck aura so unless the BBEG is a pugwampi you should probably figure out some way for him to get a luck bonus to counter the reroll aura, and mooks are just gonna suck unless they are also pugwampis)

Pex
2015-10-14, 10:09 AM
Oracle Dual Curse archetype having Misfortune Revelation

Witch having Misfortune Hex

Ill Omen spell if you time it right. For more certain timing, Quicken it then cast the spell you really, really want the opponent to fail.

DedWards
2015-10-14, 10:20 AM
This is the only thing I can think of. Found it in the Advanced Player's Guide.

Persistent Spell (Metamagic)

You can modify a spell to become more tenacious when its targets resist its effect.

Benefit: Whenever a creature targeted by a persistent spell or within its area succeeds on its saving throw against the spell, it must make another saving throw against the effect. If a creature fails this second saving throw, it suffers the full effects of the spell, as if it had failed its first saving throw.

Level Increase: +2 (a persistent spell uses up a spell slot two levels higher than the spell’s actual level.)

Spells that do not require a saving throw to resist or lessen the spell’s effect do not benefit from this feat.

Slithery D
2015-10-14, 10:31 AM
The above covered most of the ways that ocurred to me, but you can further increase the chance of failure by putting a Witch Evil Eye hex on them or a Mesmerist hypnotic stare for a -3 (-4 at 8th level) penalty to both saves. One of those effects combined with Persistent Spell is the simplest, most surefire method to maximize your spell's success. If you have the action economy/time to do it, you can debuff further with an Envervation (1d4 negative levels is another 1-4 penalty on saves) or a spell that leaves you shaken even on a save (-2).

legomaster00156
2015-10-14, 11:11 AM
Actually, this is easy, and it's a level 3 spell: Accursed Glare (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/accursed-glare) forces the target to roll twice and take the lower on any d20 roll.

Kol Korran
2015-10-15, 02:02 PM
Thanks for all of the replies! I wil luse the quickened Ill omen spell. That would work perfectly! :smallamused:

Thanks a lot! :smallbiggrin:

Slithery D
2015-10-15, 02:05 PM
Actually, this is easy, and it's a level 3 spell: Accursed Glare (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/accursed-glare) forces the target to roll twice and take the lower on any d20 roll.

It has a save, though, which the other options mostly don't.

Barstro
2015-10-15, 02:40 PM
I wil luse the quickened Ill omen spell. That would work perfectly!

Get a familiar that can use a wand.

Arc_knight25
2015-10-16, 07:50 AM
if you can keep them in 30 feet a Pugwampi can do it (WARNING: Pugwampis screw EVERYTHING up, they have no filter on the unluck aura so unless the BBEG is a pugwampi you should probably figure out some way for him to get a luck bonus to counter the reroll aura, and mooks are just gonna suck unless they are also pugwampis)

Our DM did this to us. They made a pugwampi Lich, and upgraded the aura to 60ft. It was a nasty fight.