PDA

View Full Version : Props for an encoutner- The Darkness, The Kill, The Secret, And Lust/ Desire

Kol Korran
2015-10-14, 11:24 AM
Heya folks! On Friday my group will have a special session, and as part of it I want to add a few... special props...

A main NPC (demon lord) will present the party with several items, expecting them to choose from them, for a certain "private session/ debate/ subtle testing", about concepts in it's portfolio.

The demon lord influences the following aspects: Darkness, Assassinations, Secrets and Lust/ Desire.

My intention is, when the time comes, to lay a cloth on the table, with the various items. The items need to be very clearly related to the aspects (The players and characters know which one they are), It's just an added... nice touch. :smallamused:

Some of the items I've got, but others... I'd like opinions on. The items need to be simple enough for me to get, since it's on friday and I don't really have a lot of time. Care to make a suggestion? :smalltongue:

What I've got:
# Darkness- a blindfold. The player will put it on for the scene.
# Assassination- My fiance happens to have a strangely styled kitchen set, alogn with a big, utterly red knife (Handle and blade), with sparkling of white droplets on it. He he he... :smallbiggrin:
# Secrets: A bit stumped on this. I got a few ideas, which are not that great- a sealed letter, a lock, a mask (which may be hard to get) or maybe some small puzzle of a sort?
# Lust/ Desire: Yeah yeah, I know you can make a lot of jokes on this, but please stay focused, ok? :smalltongue: My current idea is a perfume. Quite willing to hear others...

Any ideas?

Hazrond
2015-10-14, 11:37 AM
The mask, definitely the mask, if they actually are getting the items ingame then you could make it work somewhat similar to Pathfinder's Mask of Stony Demeanor

AceOfFools
2015-10-14, 03:06 PM
A diary, the kind with a lock on it.

Kol Korran
2015-10-17, 05:49 AM
Sorry for the late response, I was very busy in the last few days.

The party didn't get to that part in last night's session, so I have sufficient time to track down items. I will probably use the mask, it is the most fitting!

Thanks!

CombatBunny
2015-10-19, 02:19 PM
Darkness - A black veil, a creepy doll with black eyes, an almost consumed candle, phosphorescent dice or trinket, black sun symbol, eclipse symbol.

Kill – Poison flask, executioner mask, blood stained kerchief, victims blacklist, slip knotted rope, black footprints, set of bloodstained scalpels.

Secret – door knob with question mark inscribed on it, envelope with a jigsaw puzzle piece inside, envelope with a joker’s poker card inside, hollowed book with key inside, book page with highlighted letters and mysterious annotations.

Lust / Desire – Red toffee apple wrapped in purple silk, a piece of black or red lace, heart shaped lock, red rose over small cushion, letter sealed with lipstick.

Kol Korran
2015-10-23, 07:27 AM
Hey CombatBunny! You got some great suggestions! :smallwink: I marked in red the thigns I especially liked!

Darkness - A black veil, a creepy doll with black eyes, an almost consumed candle, phosphorescent dice or trinket, black sun symbol, eclipse symbol.
I will probably go with the veil, and have the player put it on his head for the encoutner, as a blindfold. Might be fun?

Kill – Poison flask, executioner mask, blood stained kerchief, victims blacklist, slip knotted rope, black footprints, set of bloodstained scalpels.
It's more a matter of assassination then it is strictly a kill. My fiance has a large sharp knife, which is painted bloody red with white spots on it, like a white blood. I think it would be excellent. But if not, then the scalpels perhaps.

Secret – door knob with question mark inscribed on it, envelope with a jigsaw puzzle piece inside, envelope with a joker’s poker card inside, hollowed book with key inside, book page with highlighted letters and mysterious annotations.
I like the letters the most. It fits the aesthetics of the one who gives them the items. Either that, or a mask, as a previous poster suggested.

Lust / Desire – Red toffee apple wrapped in purple silk, a piece of black or red lace, heart shaped lock, red rose over small cushion, letter sealed with lipstick.[/QUOTE]
These also feel quite in line with the aesthetics of the items' giver.

Thanks! Some excellent suggestions! :smallsmile: