PDA

View Full Version : Some build help?

SangoProduction
2015-10-14, 04:22 PM
I wanted to take a Sorcerer and make him as good as a martial class when it comes to melee, and possibly tankiness (probably could do that with straight Sorc, but hey, that's the concept). Anything 3.5 is legal.

So, I was planning on going Sorc 6 (min BAB, and also gets haste at this level), then Swiftblade 3, Abjurant Champion 2, finish Swiftblade, then Abjurant Champion 4 by level 20.
Maybe throw in a level of Barbarian somewhere for the pounce, and perhaps Rage Mage.

Feats:
Dodge, Mobility, Combat Casting, Power Attack
What else could I use?

Spells (I'm only putting the ones I personally know about...which is mostly core):
Level 0:
Read Magic, Light, Ghost Sound, Message, Prestidigitation

Level 1:
Shield, Protection from Evil, Mage Armor, Floating Disk, Enlarge Person (possibly on Eternal Wand), Silent Image (if Enlarge person is on an EW)

(I also remember a spell "Second Shield" from some book, which was an explicitly stacking +2 shield bonus to AC and +1 to Reflex if your familiar is near you. Is that worthwhile? I'm not entirely convinced, at least not until Abjurant Champion is taken, but as it kicks in so late, is it even worth it then?)
(There should also be a "Mighty Wallop" or some such which gives bonus size to damage, I think that was level 1 as well.)

Level 2:
Resist Energy, See Invisibility (or have it permanent, and know the less selfish spell, Glitterdust), Bull's Strength

Level 3:
Haste

And that's about all I've got planned out. More help is greatly appreciated.

edwin1993
2015-10-14, 04:26 PM
You could go battle sorcerer out of unearthed arcana can cast spells in light armor. bab as a cleric and d8 hit dice instead of d4's. u get to know one less spell and cast one less spell per day and u get profiecency in 1 martial weapon if you wanna go a sorcerer this would be the best bet

Flickerdart
2015-10-14, 04:33 PM
You could go battle sorcerer out of unearthed arcana can cast spells in light armor. bab as a cleric and d8 hit dice instead of d4's. u get to know one less spell and cast one less spell per day and u get profiecency in 1 martial weapon if you wanna go a sorcerer this would be the best bet
That is a terrible idea - he would get the benefits of Battle Sorcerer for 6 levels, but suffer its consequences for 20 levels.

Rage Mage really sucks. Barbarian doesn't do much for you, either. If you really want pounce, take Lion Tribe Warrior (or Snow Tiger Berserker, if you can convince your DM that rage the spell qualifies you. You can also use Travel Devotion, or just buy lots of Chronocharms of the Horizon Walker.

Take some illusion spells for protection - blur and mirror image are staples at your level. Bull's strength sucks.

Ferronach
2015-10-14, 04:37 PM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?449067-3-5-Creating-Some-Kind-of-Tanky-Sorcerer-Thing-and-Would-Very-Much-Appreciate-Help) followed a similar thought pattern and may have some insight for you.