PDA

View Full Version : Because Monks need some loving. (PEACH, of course)

Amphimir Míriel
2007-05-22, 10:45 PM
Gloves of Powerful Retribution

These protective gloves of worn and confortable brown leather grant an enhancement bonus of +1 to +5 on attack and damage rolls with unarmed attacks and natural weapons.

Furthermore, each glove has a small flat pocket on the back of the hand where a small slip of paper can be inserted. If a specially prepared divine scripture is inserted on it, and only if the wearer of the gloves is a monk, each glove can function as if it were a weapon of the chosen enchantment. The gloves can be thus imbued with any ability in Table: Melee Weapon Special Abilities (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#tableMeleeWeaponSpecialAbilities) that could be used in a bludgeoning weapon, with the exception of the Dancing, Returning, Spell Storing, or Throwing abilities. Only one such scripture can be placed on each glove, and changing the scripture from a glove is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Strong evocation; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, greater magic fang, creator’s caster level must be at least three times the gloves bonus; Price 6,000 gp (+1), 24,000 gp (+2), 54,000 gp (+3), 96,000 gp (+4), 150,000 gp (+5). Each enchantment scripture costs the equivalent of the base price for a magic weapon of equivalent bonus plus 10%

This is the kind of knuckle-protector glove im talking about:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/94d000.JPG

JackMage666
2007-05-22, 11:04 PM
I like it, but it does have some flaws... Like the Scripts don't have stats themselves - Perhaps you should change it to something along the lines of this - The gloves are plain and nonmagical, but can hold the scripts. The Scripts enhancements are the same as weapons (with listed exception), at a cost of (Enhancement Bonus*3)*1000.

Costs slightly more than a weapon would, but it is interchangable.

I'd make non-magical weapons that can use the scripts, too, though.

Ceiling009
2007-05-23, 01:55 AM
I'd allow spellstoring...that you would basically have to buy the spell as the slip to be inserted.

Kevlimin_Soulaxe
2007-05-23, 02:13 AM
...grant an enhancement bonus of +1 to +5 on attack and damage rolls with unarmed attacks and natural weapons.

Honestly, I'd cut that part. We have the Amulet of Might Fists for that.

I also like the scripts having stats and not the gloves, so different monasteries can implement the scripts in different ways. In a glove perhaps, or in the soles of your shoes, or in your wrist wraps, or your bare fists, or tying your long hair up, or in between your teeth and your cheek. Stuff like that.

Amphimir Míriel
2007-05-23, 09:30 PM
Honestly, I'd cut that part. We have the Amulet of Might Fists for that.

I also like the scripts having stats and not the gloves, so different monasteries can implement the scripts in different ways. In a glove perhaps, or in the soles of your shoes, or in your wrist wraps, or your bare fists, or tying your long hair up, or in between your teeth and your cheek. Stuff like that.

I like the idea... let me think on that

Amphimir Míriel
2007-05-23, 09:46 PM
Gloves of Powerful Retribution

Each one of these confortable brown protective gloves has a small flat pocket on the back of the hand where a small slip of paper can be inserted. If a specially prepared divine scripture is inserted on it, and only if the wearer of the gloves is a monk, each glove can function as if it were a weapon of the chosen enchantment. The gloves can be thus imbued with any ability in Table: Melee Weapon Special Abilities (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#tableMeleeWeaponSpecialAbilities) that could be used in a bludgeoning weapon, with the exception of the Dancing, Returning, Spell Storing, or Throwing abilities. Only one such scripture can be placed on each glove, and changing the scripture from a glove is a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity.

Faint Transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item; Price 6,000 gp. Each enchantment scripture costs the equivalent of the base price for a magic weapon of equivalent bonus plus 10%

How about that? better?