PDA

View Full Version : d13 - my sweet, sweet webcomic

thealmightyrob
2007-05-22, 10:47 PM
Sup, all. I've been doing a webcomic for a few months now, and decided it's time for more than 9 people to see it. So, I invite you to view my webcomic:

d13! (http://www.tablegaming.net)

Kizara
2007-05-23, 04:16 AM
Not a bad comic. Couple funny parts. Its not Erfworld, but you have some talent as an artist and I wish you luck in developing it.

Alot of the humor seems forced at parts, and thus not all that funny. For instance the orphan thing: that could have been alot funnier if presented better/more satirically.

The two parts I found the most funny were the strip where they drop the coffin and the giant evil demon bodies.

Erk
2007-05-23, 05:16 AM
I agree: not bad. I was almost turned off by spelling mistakes in the beginning, eg. "gaurds", and you have several typoes through the comic. I feel a bit bad about it, but those tend to turn me away right away. I saw that it was a pretty small archive and finished despite... if the comic had been longer those would have stopped me from finishing.

You've got some cute jokes, your timing does fall flat but that takes practice. And dude, don't throw random japanese into your comic... maybe it would work ironically but trust me, mostly it just sounds dorky, and not in the way you're going for. To people who speak it, it makes you look like an anime freak with no real knowledge of Japan, and to people who don't it makes you look like a showoff :)

Keep it up and keep practicing. I think you can make some good stuff, particularly if you polish your writing technique and timing.

larnman2
2007-06-03, 04:36 PM
I have a couple things to say:

one: I suggest graduating to color

two:To improve artwork, read some art based comics like PA and QC
I mean, like pull up a couple of comics and just stare at them. I swear to god it works.(this is not inferring you draw bad, but, well, you know, everyone can stand to draw better)

three:Don't stop, just don't stop, Your artwork will make phenomenal jumps just by constant updates

four: gimme your e-mail, lets swap webcomic addresses. Power in numbers.

Icewalker
2007-06-03, 04:54 PM
Not bad, on the funny scale. An excellent plot though, well-written.