PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next World of Warcraft (Rogue)

grimm1989
2015-10-14, 07:24 PM
Hello, so i have been advised to come here with my custom World of Warcraft classes to get them looked over in order to help balance because i wont be able to play-test and balance them till December.

Next on the list is the rogue, so please keep in mind that any of the content can be changed if deemed too strong or lacking or if something fits better.
I will be showing them as a google doc as it is an entire class and not just a subclass, if its better to have the class posted i will edit it in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OMNLUKrB9bnGkYBS55axjS3l-Y1TTz789IRMxpzO3kw/edit?usp=sharing

JNAProductions
2015-10-14, 07:29 PM
Right, made it to level 1 before I had commentary.

Stealth is OP. It needs a limit, because as of right now, it's at will.

Also, how do you determine the DC of the saving throw?

grimm1989
2015-10-14, 07:46 PM
Right, made it to level 1 before I had commentary.

Stealth is OP. It needs a limit, because as of right now, it's at will.

Also, how do you determine the DC of the saving throw?

Hey JNA thanks for pointing that out i missed filling in the requirements and saves. As it stands and is stared at the bottom that it is a completely separate from the stealth skill.

1. The stealth feature can only be used before combat not during combat. This is to fit the same profile as wow rogues and keeps them from repeatedly doing there big opener moves.
2. There saves should be 8+Dex+prof and there spell hit is prof + Dex mod...Although this could be too strong as dex does far more than one thing like a normal caster. So it could be Intelligence instead to take power away from pooling one stat.
3.As for the feature "stealth" to be detected, you could get to close, although u are invisible the closer you get to a target the easier they can see though this stealth invisibility. So a stealth save in conjunction with the feature could be the roll needed for the other target to see though it.

JNAProductions
2015-10-14, 07:48 PM
Still too powerful. Unlimited invisibilty, even out of combat, is crazy useful. It is most definitely NOT a first level feature.

I'd keep the "Big Opener" moves, but remove the invisibility bit.

grimm1989
2015-10-14, 07:54 PM
Still too powerful. Unlimited invisibilty, even out of combat, is crazy useful. It is most definitely NOT a first level feature.

I'd keep the "Big Opener" moves, but remove the invisibility bit.

Totally Thanks for the input. I will go and make the appropriate changes ASAP.