PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next World of Warcraft (Priest)

grimm1989
2015-10-14, 07:32 PM
Hello, so i have been advised to come here with my custom World of Warcraft classes to get them looked over in order to help balance because i wont be able to play-test and balance them till December.

Next on the list is the priest, so please keep in mind that any of the content can be changed if deemed too strong or lacking or if something fits better, a portion of the information used has been taken from the players handbook as it was a solid fit for the class.
I will be showing them as a google doc as it is an entire class and not just a subclass, if its better to have the class posted i will edit it in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TTr6yYtIQIxc3DYJNabXqKDWebOqdLQNDjOot6qVXEU/edit?usp=sharing

Flashy
2015-10-15, 03:42 AM
Renew should absolutely not be a cantrip. At will healing is a mechanic that doesn't translate well to D&D in general, and 5e in particular. The party will begin every fight at max health, short rests are sharply devalued, and the three turn effect means that a character cannot be meaningfully knocked out while the cantrip is still on them. They go down, at the start of their turn the residual heal picks them back up. This happens every turn until the cantrip expires.

grimm1989
2015-10-15, 12:19 PM
Renew should absolutely not be a cantrip. At will healing is a mechanic that doesn't translate well to D&D in general, and 5e in particular. The party will begin every fight at max health, short rests are sharply devalued, and the three turn effect means that a character cannot be meaningfully knocked out while the cantrip is still on them. They go down, at the start of their turn the residual heal picks them back up. This happens every turn until the cantrip expires.

Wow you are absolutely right, i completely overlooked the fact of using it in between fights. Although the last part i intended it so that if they go down the healing effect would dissipate at least that's how i intended it to. But i will def move it from being a can trip as it has far to much use and strength to top everyone off before fights.