PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next World of Warcraft (Druid)

grimm1989
2015-10-14, 07:38 PM
Hello, so i have been advised to come here with my custom World of Warcraft classes to get them looked over in order to help balance because i wont be able to play-test and balance them till December.

Next on the list is the Druid, so please keep in mind that any of the content can be changed if deemed too strong or lacking or if something fits better, a portion of the information used has been taken from the players handbook as it was a solid fit for the class.
I will be showing them as a google doc as it is an entire class and not just a subclass, if its better to have the class posted i will edit it in.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VQSvryQTs0O6_rwR2dI7pNqKDmNibS7XCLE7sxRbdPk/edit?usp=sharing

Doof
2015-10-15, 01:44 AM
I don't know a whole lot about WoW (I know the lore and the general gist of how each classes work, but never played the game), but this looks pretty good.

Base Class
-no medium armor proficiency, can't use Wild Shape for combat but lasts permanently (so what happens when I *try* to attack?)

Balance archetype
-Moonkin form increases my spell damage but still doesn't let me cast spells in the moonkin form?
-what's the actual stat block for the Moonkin form? Owlbear is a CR 3 creature so I'm assuming 'resembles an owlbear' only refers to the appearance?

Feral archetype
-still doesn't address the fact that you can't fight in wildshaped form under your homebrewed rule.
-once you can fight, then permanaent WS duration might be a bit too much.
-also, there aren't any cat/bear forms that stay relevanat when you hit higher levels (your proficiency bonus doesn't apply to its attacks nor do you have any way to bolster its AC)
-I think Berserk is safe to allow its useage to 1/short or long rest instead of just long?

Restoration archetype
-again, what are the stats for the Tree of Life?

I like this homebrew a lot and I'd love to see it really polished up :D

grimm1989
2015-10-15, 12:30 PM
I don't know a whole lot about WoW (I know the lore and the general gist of how each classes work, but never played the game), but this looks pretty good.

Base Class
-no medium armor proficiency, can't use Wild Shape for combat but lasts permanently (so what happens when I *try* to attack?)

Balance archetype
-Moonkin form increases my spell damage but still doesn't let me cast spells in the moonkin form?
-what's the actual stat block for the Moonkin form? Owlbear is a CR 3 creature so I'm assuming 'resembles an owlbear' only refers to the appearance?

Feral archetype
-still doesn't address the fact that you can't fight in wildshaped form under your homebrewed rule.
-once you can fight, then permanaent WS duration might be a bit too much.
-also, there aren't any cat/bear forms that stay relevanat when you hit higher levels (your proficiency bonus doesn't apply to its attacks nor do you have any way to bolster its AC)
-I think Berserk is safe to allow its useage to 1/short or long rest instead of just long?

Restoration archetype
-again, what are the stats for the Tree of Life?

I like this homebrew a lot and I'd love to see it really polished up :D

1. No medium armor i as per the game they were only allowed up to leather so light armor does just fine by full-fulling that criteria.
2. Im sorry i don't see where you're getting that you cannot "Attack". Can you please quote that line saying that?
3. For moonkin i changed the wording so it does allow you to cast from your druid list of spells, that was my mistake and i forgot to list it.
4. For all the the stat blocks for the Cat/Bear/Moonkin form so that they scale with your level rather than base block and become irreverent later so i will be adding them shortly.
5. Beserk for cat cannot be used per short rest it is far to strong but the bear form one could be changed based on what it does.
6. The perm wildshape will change to what it is currently for the 5e druid as it does last a fair amount of time and only increases as you level.

Doof
2015-10-15, 07:40 PM
1. No medium armor i as per the game they were only allowed up to leather so light armor does just fine by full-fulling that criteria.
2. Im sorry i don't see where you're getting that you cannot "Attack". Can you please quote that line saying that?
3. For moonkin i changed the wording so it does allow you to cast from your druid list of spells, that was my mistake and i forgot to list it.
4. For all the the stat blocks for the Cat/Bear/Moonkin form so that they scale with your level rather than base block and become irreverent later so i will be adding them shortly.
5. Beserk for cat cannot be used per short rest it is far to strong but the bear form one could be changed based on what it does.
6. The perm wildshape will change to what it is currently for the 5e druid as it does last a fair amount of time and only increases as you level.

Oh yeah cheers no.1 was more of an observation than anything else :P

With regard to 2., I misread it!