PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Warcraft Class Compendium for 5e

grimm1989
2015-10-14, 08:22 PM
Considering the amount of homebrew classes i have created, I feel like it would be a rather good idea to make one big thread with links to all my specific World of warcraft Classes. Keep in mind a fair portion of these classes have information from the Players Handbook as it fit the classes so well however i am open to new and fresh idea's that could substitute a multitude of these features making them completely unique rather than just re-skinning them with a new name. In addition some of the classes have been borrowed from already existing home brews with minor to significant changes. To those that i have borrowed ideas from Thank You! Your work was just too good to not use.

Death Knight
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/VJdwqpedl

Druid
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VQSvryQTs0O6_rwR2dI7pNqKDmNibS7XCLE7sxRbdPk/edit?usp=sharing

Hunter
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15hjgfu3ipqmtzK98VgeF05ApYV2E_8z0MXeV_jwdhlk/edit?usp=sharing

Mage
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r6y5omBRW44ojqv2XSo26FrqEG9UlynRwf9TagM3TVQ/edit?usp=sharing

Monk
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AU8Oj1yfIbIE1B1vRGXxDoRs1BEFLsLAeHTvVbxB7Ss/edit?usp=sharing

Paladin
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wGCJZ0lh01cFQVjlzmD7IAavZhOrN86g2tzxpK3Gl0M/edit?usp=sharing

Priest
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TTr6yYtIQIxc3DYJNabXqKDWebOqdLQNDjOot6qVXEU/edit?usp=sharing

Rogue
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OMNLUKrB9bnGkYBS55axjS3l-Y1TTz789IRMxpzO3kw/edit?usp=sharing

Shaman
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L1WyHnEZvkZJ-_8kfNE5_0_GWgiQoM0OuMecnJCQvz4/edit?usp=sharing

Warlock
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/VJ1-mU9Kg

Warrior
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PyPkVlrhLBpg2lT1qfnR1DqKhiafXHmv04xhwgH3b-w/edit?usp=sharing

grimm1989
2015-10-26, 04:33 PM
Hey everyone i am still looking to get feedback on the class builds, so that they can be balanced and mechanically playable. If there is anything to add, add a comment in the google driver or reply here and i will edit the change if its worthwhile and reply to any concerns in the builds. Thanks

Dabomba
2015-10-28, 08:11 PM
Well, I like what you did for the classes, I especially like the shammy. But I think as far as proficiencies go. A class like Warlock or mage could also have proficiency with scimitars and other 1h blades (Not just longswords). As they're proficient with in the Game.

grimm1989
2015-10-29, 12:05 PM
Well, I like what you did for the classes, I especially like the shammy. But I think as far as proficiency's go. A class like Warlock or mage could also have proficiency with scimitars and other 1h blades (Not just longswords). As they're proficient with in the Game.

Hey Dab

Thanks for the feedback, I completely overlooked that. I went and made the changes, if there's anything else you see that should be changed by all means throw another comment in and we will see what we can do about it.

Calen
2015-10-29, 06:45 PM
A few comments on the shaman.

First the weapon enchants feel all over the place. Perhaps make Windfury and Rockbiter as lower level and Flametongue and Frostbrand as higher level. Otherwise the first two need some help.

You don't have a 4th Earth and Water totem. Perhaps Stoneskin: Gives resistance to Piercing/Slashing/Bludgeoning damage. & Mana Tide: Restores a level (Wis Mod? or 1) spell slot to 1 ally within 10 feet. (Maybe all allies)

13 and 18 are empty levels?

Do you intend that these totems take an action every round? Do they have a duration? If they are single use they have several underpowered ones.

All that said it looks great and I look forward to seeing it's progress.

"For the Horde!"

grimm1989
2015-10-30, 01:16 AM
A few comments on the shaman.

First the weapon enchants feel all over the place. Perhaps make Windfury and Rockbiter as lower level and Flametongue and Frostbrand as higher level. Otherwise the first two need some help.

You don't have a 4th Earth and Water totem. Perhaps Stoneskin: Gives resistance to Piercing/Slashing/Bludgeoning damage. & Mana Tide: Restores a level (Wis Mod? or 1) spell slot to 1 ally within 10 feet. (Maybe all allies)

13 and 18 are empty levels?

Do you intend that these totems take an action every round? Do they have a duration? If they are single use they have several underpowered ones.

All that said it looks great and I look forward to seeing it's progress.

"For the Horde!"

First off i'd like to thank you for your input. It means alot to be getting comments on this to make them viable for when playtesting does start. Now onto the comments:
1. I do agree with the weapon enchants and tbh i myself am at a loss as, going back into WoW, rockbitter was only a damage increase. Flametounge was a proc along with frostbrand, and windury had a chance to grant extra attacks. Which is why i went with what i have now, i will look more into it when i have some good time to do so but any input on ways to bring proper balance/fairness to all will be much appreciated.
2. Ya i noticed that about the totems awhile ago however i wanted to get them all to at least a finished point and missed some things i wanted to add. Stoneskin is an excellent choice however i feel that mana-tide may bring a lot of power to casters to be able to just drop that and have replenishing spell slots. However making it do the opposite of strength of earth totem and giving allies adv on Int/Wis Saves would be a good choice.
3. Yes 13 and 18 are dead levels, even in the 5E PHB its not uncommon to have classes with dead levels. However if we can fill them i wont say no as long as what fits wont be gamebreaking.
4. The totems are to be set to last 1min as per most concentration spells and to take an action every round. There are those that dont last 1min like the grounding totem if it gets hit with a spell its done. If this seems to be too much let me know which ones need some work and i will most def look into it.

Calen
2015-10-30, 05:25 PM
First off i'd like to thank you for your input. It means alot to be getting comments on this to make them viable for when playtesting does start. Now onto the comments:

2. Ya i noticed that about the totems awhile ago however i wanted to get them all to at least a finished point and missed some things i wanted to add. Stoneskin is an excellent choice however i feel that mana-tide may bring a lot of power to casters to be able to just drop that and have replenishing spell slots. However making it do the opposite of strength of earth totem and giving allies adv on Int/Wis Saves would be a good choice.

4. The totems are to be set to last 1min as per most concentration spells and to take an action every round. There are those that dont last 1min like the grounding totem if it gets hit with a spell its done. If this seems to be too much let me know which ones need some work and i will most def look into it.

Based on what you said about the totems you could have the Mana Tide only last 1 round. (So it gives out 1 or 1 per ally) Otherwise maybe roll a lot of the cleansing totems together? (Resistance on Poison and Acid for example)

grimm1989
2015-10-30, 06:26 PM
Based on what you said about the totems you could have the Mana Tide only last 1 round. (So it gives out 1 or 1 per ally) Otherwise maybe roll a lot of the cleansing totems together? (Resistance on Poison and Acid for example)

I like the idea of the the mana tide totem giving back a spell cast, however in combat i feel like it could be stronger than expected so a way we could do it is by having it work like the wizards arcane recovery in the 5e PHB. Where you can only use it during a short rest to regain 1 spell slot for everyone in the group. But the spell slot cannot exceed 6th.

Can you elaborate on the rolling the lot of cleansing totems together?

grimm1989
2015-11-01, 06:53 PM
Thank you to the gentlemen that commented on the document for the priest and the warrior. To him i have made appropriate changes to the text about the priest spells list. As for the warrior i have changed its first ability i hope it is better than it had been previously. If it still not good enough throw me a message on the document or on the forum here and we can work on it to come up with an appropriate change that would be far more fitting.

Calen
2015-11-01, 07:23 PM
I like the idea of the the mana tide totem giving back a spell cast, however in combat i feel like it could be stronger than expected so a way we could do it is by having it work like the wizards arcane recovery in the 5e PHB. Where you can only use it during a short rest to regain 1 spell slot for everyone in the group. But the spell slot cannot exceed 6th.

Can you elaborate on the rolling the lot of cleansing totems together?

IIRC in Warcraft there was a poison cleansing totem and a disease cleansing totem and maybe some others. So if you made a totem that would give resistance to Acid and Poison for example you would be combining those ideas.

-------

Also since I have been wondering. Did you have ideas on the subclasses for the shaman?

grimm1989
2015-11-01, 07:45 PM
IIRC in Warcraft there was a poison cleansing totem and a disease cleansing totem and maybe some others. So if you made a totem that would give resistance to Acid and Poison for example you would be combining those ideas.

-------

Also since I have been wondering. Did you have ideas on the subclasses for the shaman?

1. I have a cleansing totem "Cleansing Totem: Once per round Attempts to assist in the extraction for poisons in a party members body. They may make thier save against the poison with advantage." I could implement the resistance to poison and acid, to that one.

2. The subclasses should be already in the document, I have something for Elemental, Restoration and enhancement already. If its not showing up let me know and i can post it on here.

Calen
2015-11-02, 03:52 PM
Huh missed the subclasses before. :smallfrown:

Comments.

Elemental

Does the Overload effect require you to spend another spell slot?
Also how do you critical with a spell that an enemy saves out of? That they roll a 1? If so what about AoE spells?

Enhancement

Stormstrike you don't specify what the damage bonus is. Also you say "for each spell slot used" do you mean per level of spell slot?

Spells.
Shamanistic Rage
Consider specifying that you can only cast a shock once per turn in this manner.

Chain Heal
Limit the number of times that an ally can be hit by the bounce.

Chain Lightning
Same as Chain Heal

All in all great work!

grimm1989
2015-11-02, 04:23 PM
Huh missed the subclasses before. :smallfrown:

Comments.

Elemental

Does the Overload effect require you to spend another spell slot?
Also how do you critical with a spell that an enemy saves out of? That they roll a 1? If so what about AoE spells?

Enhancement

Stormstrike you don't specify what the damage bonus is. Also you say "for each spell slot used" do you mean per level of spell slot?

Spells.
Shamanistic Rage
Consider specifying that you can only cast a shock once per turn in this manner.

Chain Heal
Limit the number of times that an ally can be hit by the bounce.

Chain Lightning
Same as Chain Heal

All in all great work!

Once again thank you for the feedback, i have a question though in terms of the capstone. Should i go with the ascendance or the blood-lust. Whichever isn't considered a capstone will move to the spell list.

1. No the effect gives you a free spell cast. Changed it as well so it doesn't affect any spell that doesn't require a "Spell to Hit" roll
2. Stormstrike, as for this it is poorly worded, my apologize for this. It is meant to work like the paladin's Divine smite but with the extra impact of increasing spell damage for a short time.
3. Your spell changes to the chain spells have been made so that they are not grossly powerful especially if you only have 2 targets beside each other.
4. The rage has been changed so that they can only cast one shock a turn.

Basch
2015-11-03, 12:44 AM
Very nice stuff. I was looking at the mage and noticed that a lot of his spells don't scale up in slots, and a couple of his cantrips don't either. Is this intentional?

grimm1989
2015-11-03, 01:58 AM
Very nice stuff. I was looking at the mage and noticed that a lot of his spells don't scale up in slots, and a couple of his cantrips don't either. Is this intentional?

Oh my, no its not intentional. I did most of these up quite quickly so i missed alot minor details, which is why im getting it looked over here. Thanks for pointing it out to me and i will have those changes made tomorrow.

grimm1989
2015-11-03, 01:58 PM
Alright made the changes to the mages spells they should all be scaling now. If any seem miss worded or too powerful/underwhelming let me know and i will go back in and make the appropriate changes.

Misty
2015-11-03, 10:47 PM
Informative, yes

grimm1989
2015-11-06, 06:11 PM
Informative, yes

1. Thanks a bunch for the positive feedback.
2. To the people who are commenting on my google drive, I thank you all. You have been helping me bring balance to a number of things that i have overlooked when creating the classes.
3. To all those commenting keep the feedback coming.

grimm1989
2015-11-09, 04:00 PM
People who are commenting on the google drive thank you for the feedback.

DreamingGod05
2015-12-10, 12:35 AM
Any plans to do a Demon Hunter class? You could probably nab mechanics from the Legion Beta, 3.5 Demon Hunter and WC3 hero to fill it out.

grimm1989
2015-12-10, 01:58 PM
Any plans to do a Demon Hunter class? You could probably nab mechanics from the Legion Beta, 3.5 Demon Hunter and WC3 hero to fill it out.

I have been planning on doing it, but it wont be till the future when i get access to legion gameplay, whether it be beta or full release of patch 7.0. The rest will be filled with of course the 3.5 if needed WC3.

AgentAAA
2016-08-22, 04:38 PM
the demons in the "warlock" class don't seem to have a listed HP past the first one. Do they all share the same number of potential HP or is this an oversight?

Dabomba
2016-08-25, 02:01 PM
With Demon Hunters now being playable, to everyone in about 5 days, are you going to make the Demon Hunter Class in 5e.

Sztwolf
2016-11-28, 01:00 AM
Love your designs for the Warcraft, and I am a die hard fan of it. I'm thinking for using your reference for my Warcraft DnD Campaign. :D

Reading through your Priest spells i see no Cantrips spells included though.:smalleek:

Kobard
2016-11-28, 07:10 AM
1) You may want to check out the old RPG materials for 3.X, both for Warcraft and then the later revised World of Warcraft versions. That may provide you with a bit more inspiration. Also, dig through the older game patches for more spells and such. Some game spell lists have been substantially trimmed for the sake of computer gameplay that nonetheless make for typical sorts of pen 'n' paper type spells or abilities. Plus, dig through the old spells for Warcraft 1-3. There is a lot of reused spells, but there are also a lot of cut abilities (e.g. summon scorpions, etc.).

2) That said, I also recommend that you don't follow the game mechanics too closely. The mechanics of the game are precisely that: game mechanics. The balancing and gameplay concerns that guide mechanics for a MMO video game differ substantially from those of a pen 'n' paper game. For the most part, there is no concept of aggro or rage timers for encounters in tabletop RP games. There is no "Holy Trinity." WC1-3/WoW leans heavily on combat, but less so on the social and exploration ends that often comprise big parts of tabletop roleplaying games. But this also translates to the classes themselves in terms of classes and subclasses. For example, the druid was only divided into far more rigid specializations several expansions ago for the sake of making balance easier for devs, but it's not necessarily a good reflection of lore. (Races and classes did once have more unique racial mechanics, such as the racial spells for priests, but this made certain racial/class combinations required for raiding and such.) Furthermore, many of the specializations for WoW classes are exceptionally artificial divides that originally stemmed from older notions regarding builds and such. (The oldest iterations being a lot closer to how builds were done in Diablo 2.) It was only later that the specializations receive half-assed lore justifications and attempts to more strongly differentiate them.

3) Multiclassing: You can't MC in Warcraft. You can in D&D. This is gonna add a tremendous degree of increased complexity to your classes unless you rule that players cannot multiclass their characters.

Overall, I'm skeptical of this project. You will have to put a tremendous amount of work into this, but there are so many balance concerns that I'm not sure if it would be worth it. A part of me thinks you would have an easier time if you went to the 3.x version (updating it to Pathfinder), modified D&D 4e - which more closely fits gamist class balance/encounter concerns and class roles - or just used another system entirely (e.g. Fate, Savage Worlds, etc.).

Dabomba
2016-11-28, 08:31 AM
Well, the issue with using the 3x edition one is that it's 3x edition, a lot of stuff is just renamed 3.0 mechanics. And whether or not to multiclass is up to the DM's discretion ultimately. 3x/pathfinder isn't the best suited edition for a WoW class. 5e (and I guess 4e...) make better editions to use, mainly do to balance and subclasses.

Kobard
2016-11-28, 10:42 AM
Well, the issue with using the 3x edition one is that it's 3x edition, a lot of stuff is just renamed 3.0 mechanics. And whether or not to multiclass is up to the DM's discretion ultimately. 3x/pathfinder isn't the best suited edition for a WoW class. 5e (and I guess 4e...) make better editions to use, mainly do to balance and subclasses.My point in bringing up 3x edition is largely that a WoW RPG adaptation already exists for 3x, published under White Wolf's Sword & Sorcery label. That in itself makes it easier to convert Warcraft to Pathfinder, since a lot of the groundwork has already been done. What's more, Pathfinder also utilizes subclasses and variant classes via a variety of methods (archetypes, bloodlines, etc.), so that is not exactly new to 5e. (4e does this to a certain extent as well.)

Furthermore, stating that 5e has (relative) balance means little if 1) you have little intention to use that balanced material on account of 2) essentially homebrewing all the classes and spells out of whole cloth, as opposed to tweaking or building upon that pre-existing material (e.g. adding subclasses). That creates a large margin for potential imbalance.

The original poster may also want to consider modifying Green Ronin's Dragon/Fantasy AGE for their purposes. It reduces classes to three archetypes: mage, warrior, and rogue. But it is relatively easy to kit bash. It also lends itself to a more action-oriented game via its stunt system. There is even a free-form version that would make it easier to mimic Warcraft.

Sztwolf
2016-12-01, 07:26 AM
Just saw that Warlock has spells stop at lvl 5 and they also do not have the mystic arcanium feature. this make the warlock like a hybrid class already, can you clarify the reason behind it? :smallconfused:

MasterMindRaze
2017-02-22, 09:37 PM
It looks like it's been a good while since someone posted on here, I just wanted to give some feedback. I really enjoyed reading through a few of the classes as I have been wracking my brain on how to go about making WoW playable classes with all the spells and skills available in the WoW universe. I did notice a few things that you want to look at:
Warlock-
The Spells only go to level 5 why is this? I understand the 5e warlock does but it also has the built in ability to at least get a few higher level spells. I did some theory crafting with the warlock and mixed it with about 6 levels of sorcerer and it was scary with the possibility of casting multiple high damage spells from all specs, but it really seems this class can only function as a hybrid, i would look into maybe altering it to be a full caster?
There is no capstone at level 20 either, master summoner is awesome but its missing that encompassing power that comes from class capstones.
None of the demons have + hit they are all at +0, i know minor detail.
Affliction
The affliction path epidemic could be extremely powerful as it doesn't state whether or not the Dot is at full duration when it spreads or not.
Siphon Life doesn't state if the player gets to choose when it goes off or if it just happens automatically.
Demonology
Soul Link is a littler cluttered in the wording, it might just be me but I got kinda confused reading it.
Destruction
Ember Sphere is the name but in the description it reads "Ember Stone" i don't know if it was intentional or just a mistype
Sacrificial Pact I don't think this should take an action to use but just happen and you forfeit your pet for more damage and regeneration at half health and under.
Transformation
I think this path overall was a little muddied, I would change it to maybe make the warlock a temporary tank giving them bonuses to to be able to stand on the front lines and soak some damage and be able to dish it out as well.
Thematically I don't think you need to have this path at all, I feel it attacks the Demonology path.
Spells
A lot of the spells are missing the power-ups for higher level casting.

I really overall liked the majority of the class, I love the life tap option, The different demons and their abilities, The spell stones. Its really solid class and I am hoping that someone in my group will be willing to play test it so i can get some more good feedback for you. Keep it up hope you become active on these again.

Morphic tide
2017-02-23, 05:50 PM
One thing that looks like a glaring issue for me: You don't have the subclasses marked properly on the class tables. Normally, the first entry has the name of the ability, while the later entries are labelled as X Feature, where X is a part of the subclass label. For example, Death Knights would have Death Presence at 3rd level, then Presence Feature at levels 6, 10 and 15, if you followed the normal convention.

Also, Druid has Path Feature in the level 6 cell, Death Knight has two rows for the column labels on the class table where there should be one, Hunter Archetype hasn't been updated to include Survival as a listed choice, the subclasses themselves aren't labelled in the sidebar of the document, Aspect says you cannot pick a Combat Style more than once and generally the more I dig in, the more nightmarish formatting I see.

Generally, as I look at it, I see overloaded messes that are in severer need of a lot of editing, both to fix the overload of features and to fix the horrific formatting.

grimm1989
2017-03-25, 12:32 AM
alright i know its been a long time since ive even touched this so lets start, ive moved away from the google docs completely thats why everything hasnt changed since i really uploaded these and still looks like crap and ive been slowly updating them in the natural crit editor.

1. formatting has never been the priority, getting these playable first is what im worried about which is why the google docs are atrocious to even sift through so people posting on the google docs about replace this letter with this one...thank but not needed when i want to have it formatted and gone over for spelling grammer etc i will.
2. that said things have changed in the natural crit version of it
3. when i get them to a comfortable point i will be re-posting them so i can get some more feedback
4. with that said ive updated the warlock as its my furthest along of them all

Viruhk
2017-04-19, 02:23 PM
Super excited to see the updated ones once you're done. I'd love to use these in a game!

Mortis_Elrod
2017-04-20, 08:50 AM
I looked at the shammy first, the one class I find wanting the most of in D&D . One thing I noticed was flametongue totem . Seems really strong for level 1 totem. Not sure if there's anything in the game that can give everyone in a 10ft radius +1d6 fire damage for a minute as a bonus action no concentration

Composer99
2017-04-20, 08:21 PM
If, as you say, you are moving to using the Homebrewery on Natural Crit, would you still prefer comments on the Google docs that are still up for most classes, or comments on this thread?

grimm1989
2017-04-20, 09:57 PM
Reply on here preferably unless its a class thats only on the docs then by all means comment there. :)

As to the flame tongue totem, its meant to be a level 8 totem although probably still be quite strong so will tone it back a tad.

Most of my classes are ready on the natural crit, still trying to work though some really apparent problems before updating

Death knight/shaman should be updated within the week

Mortis_Elrod
2017-04-21, 07:46 AM
I think this works best if you replace the current classes with these classes. Also I prefer google docs, easier for my phone, but I get the appeal for homebrewery. Imma take a look at the rest of the classes

grimm1989
2017-04-21, 12:57 PM
i will go get the google docs updated then so we have alternatives, so this thread doesnt blow up if people start to comment on it.

Morphic tide
2017-04-21, 05:03 PM
i will go get the google docs updated then so we have alternatives, so this thread doesnt blow up if people start to comment on it.

Or make a thread here with each class. I'd prefer that, actually.

Charliezar
2017-10-16, 02:47 AM
I'm going to be testing the warlock in my friend's campaign. I've got several questions on intended set up. First I'm probably multiclassing because of lack of more role-playing aspects and spell variety, this gives me 4e vibes of all combat.

First, demons only + to hit is the warlock proficiency? My imp hit once out of 5 attacks. I feel like they are soupposed to add one of their modifiers to that.

Second, does the wowlock get spells from the regular warlock as well? Would be nice to get more utility and the hex spell. I felt there were hardly any of 1st to 3rd level utility given.

Clarification on Destruction term "afflicted by" and other wording. Only work for DoT?
Or single attacks? For instance. Corruption cantrip is damage over 3 turns. You add a die each turn? That ramps up to be mega damage.

Super looking forward to getting this to work!
I love WoW themes and my friends is picking up Warcraft through Hearth stone so we love those mechanics. He is playing with a WoW shaman. #Demons+Totums

Saiga
2017-10-16, 06:50 AM
One thing I might have missed... how do the spell lists work? Is it only the spells listed that the classes get? That makes the casters end up with very few spells.

grimm1989
2017-10-17, 12:11 AM
I'm going to be testing the warlock in my friend's campaign. I've got several questions on intended set up. First I'm probably multiclassing because of lack of more role-playing aspects and spell variety, this gives me 4e vibes of all combat.

First, demons only + to hit is the warlock proficiency? My imp hit once out of 5 attacks. I feel like they are soupposed to add one of their modifiers to that.

Second, does the wowlock get spells from the regular warlock as well? Would be nice to get more utility and the hex spell. I felt there were hardly any of 1st to 3rd level utility given.

Clarification on Destruction term "afflicted by" and other wording. Only work for DoT?
Or single attacks? For instance. Corruption cantrip is damage over 3 turns. You add a die each turn? That ramps up to be mega damage.

Super looking forward to getting this to work!
I love WoW themes and my friends is picking up Warcraft through Hearth stone so we love those mechanics. He is playing with a WoW shaman. #Demons+Totums

Honestly ive had maybe 1 minor testing done with any of the classes, so alot of things are going to be playing wonky or feel under or overpowered and didn't want to make the demons overly powerful, which is why the low hit rate. I will amp up there base states so they get at least a +2 from them so you should be sitting with a +4 to hit with prof.

I had intended to use the spells from the PHB as spells in wow are quite limited unless reaching way back into vanilla/3rd edition rules for spells which is still something i need to really sift though to find stuff that will work in the 5e rules.

As for the "afflicted" question yea its supposed to be when you hit a target with a damage over time effect on it, you would cause it to deal increased damage. So if you hit a target with corruption on it, the next time corruption deals damage it wold deal an additional die of damage. so it would deal 2d4 rather than 1d4.

grimm1989
2017-10-17, 12:12 AM
One thing I might have missed... how do the spell lists work? Is it only the spells listed that the classes get? That makes the casters end up with very few spells.

They are meant to be used with the 5e spells from the PHB, just be careful some spells are literally just rehashed spells from the PHB.