PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to boost Land speed?

Masakan
2015-10-14, 10:13 PM
Simple Question. Please and thank you.

Draconium
2015-10-14, 10:14 PM
Barbarian level 1 gives you Fast Movement, assuming you don't trade it out for Pounce or something. I believe Monk levels also do this. I'm also fairly certain the Dark and/or Shadow Creature templates improve all your speeds.

Masakan
2015-10-14, 10:16 PM
Barbarian level 1 gives you Fast Movement, assuming you don't trade it out for Pounce or something. I believe Monk levels also do this. I'm also fairly certain the Dark and/or Shadow Creature templates improve all your speeds.

Any items and the like?

Draconium
2015-10-14, 10:21 PM
Any items and the like?

Boots of Striding and Springing. They're in the SRD, a wondrous item that increases base land speed by 10 feet.

Masakan
2015-10-14, 10:24 PM
Boots of Striding and Springing. They're in the SRD, a wondrous item that increases base land speed by 10 feet.

And I already know about slippers of battle dancing wich would be a straight upgrade.

Rubik
2015-10-14, 10:27 PM
Any items and the like?The quickness armor property (+1 equivalent), +5' to speed, Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Headband of pursuit, +10' to speed 1 round/lvl/day, Secrets of Sarlona.

Horned helm, doubles speed, Arms & Equipment Guide.

Panther Mask, +5' to speed, Magic Item Compendium.

Horseshoes of speed (added to boots), +30' to speed with UMD check, Dungeon Master's Guide.

Rapid wrath weapon enhancement, doubles speed, Ghostwalk.

Shaundakul's boots, +10' to speed, doubles speed 1/day for 5 min (not including +10' boost), Magic of Faerun.

Shadahkar's swift wind boots, +10' to speed, Dragon #324.

Draconium
2015-10-14, 10:27 PM
There's probably a lot more ways to go about it, but I'm far from the most knowledgeable on the subject. I'm just useful for getting some of the more obvious answers out of the way first. :smalltongue:

Kelb_Panthera
2015-10-14, 10:34 PM
Boots of the unending journey give you a +10ft bonus to your land speed as long as your alignment isn't one of the four extremes; LE, CE, LG, or CG. If you can meet its relic requirements you also get constant pass without trace and immunity to fatigue and exhaustion. It's 1k cheaper than boots of striding and springing and, if you combine them into one item, they stack since boots of S&S is an unnamed bonus to speed.

There's also boots of speed and any other item that can produce the effect of a haste or expeditious retreat spell.

Rubik
2015-10-14, 10:43 PM
Do note that multiple items and other effects that double speed actually double your entire speed, including multiplication bonuses; it's not a "double + double = triple," as speed is a real-world number, and is thus multiplied normally. It's explicitly stated as being so in the rules for bonus multipliers.

Bullet06320
2015-10-15, 01:30 AM
the Quick trait adds 10' at the cost of 1 hp per hd
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/characterTraits.htm#quick

Dash feat adds 5' if wearing light armor and light load
in complete warrior, miniature handbook, and song & silence

Firest Kathon
2015-10-15, 02:40 AM
The haste (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/haste.htm) spell adds 30ft. to any movement type.

Zexionthefirst
2015-10-15, 08:23 AM
One level of Barbarian gets you +10 ft.

The Spell-less Ranger alternate class feature (CW, p 13) allows you to loss your ranger spellcasting, to gain fast movement. I don't know if fast movement from two sources stacks.

The shadow creature template increases your speed by 50% (it also give you other goodies), with a level adjustment of +2.

The quickened template from Book Of Templates Deluxe Edition 3.5, which is third party, gives you a 50% increase in all movement speeds.

You may be able to get Haste to be effected by Permanency, though that's up to your DM.

So, a 7th level Kobald (Barbarian 1/Ranger 4/Shadow Creature) could have 60 ft, 75 ft, 65 ft, or 55 ft, depending on your DM- if the Fast movement stacks, and if it's applied before or after the Shadow Creature template (I feel like it would be after, but I would also rule that the fast movement stacks).

DASH, (also from CW) adds another 5 ft.

There is also another thread, from about 4 years ago, that you may want to look at: giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?216018-items-or-feats-that-increase-speed

Darrin
2015-10-15, 09:57 AM
Some others:

Dread Carapace soulmeld (Magic of Incarnum)
Warg Pelt soulmeld (Magic of Incarnum)
Xeph Burst (XPH, racial ability)
Forest Reeve 1 (Complete Champion, stacks with Barbarian Fast Movement)
Speed of Thought (XPH)
Freedom Mantle (Complete Psionic)
Celerity Domain (Spell Compendium)
Divine Vigor (Complete Warrior)
Crystal of Alacrity (MIC)

Zahnik Boohm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17943699&postcount=115): break the sound barrier on foot.