PDA

View Full Version : Meetup Midwest GiTP Meet-up! Part Deux

Pages : [1] 2

EmeraldRose
2007-05-22, 10:57 PM
Is anyone interested in meeting up sometime this summer in the midwest U.S.? Preferably in or around the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area? I know there are a few people located near here, and thought maybe a meet-up would be possible.

EDIT: So..we are looking at the following!

THE DATE, TIME, and LOCATION:
Location: Saint Paul - Chatterbox (Click for Map) (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=chatterbox&near=Saint+Paul,+MN&fb=1&cid=44917310,-93187300,14949392596180328287&li=lmd&ie=UTF8&ll=44.926648,-93.184319&spn=0.020783,0.047894&z=14&iwloc=A&om=1)
Date: August 25th, 2007
Time: Shall we say starting at 1pm CST and going until 5ish (or maybe later, they are open until 2am)
What to bring: Yourself. Friends. Money for food and drink (& ID if you want alchohol). If someone has munchkin, that'd be great to play as well (Quick, D&D like, and simple without having to roll a char sheet.)

More info about the establishment can be found here (http://www.chatterboxpub.net/).

Supagoof reserved the event room (MUCH THANKS!!!). It cost $0.00 (yay) to reserve and has a projection screen, so if we want we can hook up [insert gaming system] to it. The manager I spoke with was okay with us bringing in a system, or they have old school NES, Genesis, & Atari that they can hook up as well. (Games listed online at link above)

((Info originally posted by Tha Goof)) :smallsmile:

Uberblah
2007-05-22, 10:59 PM
I'd love to but I have no transportation there. If anyone from near Chicagoland wants to pick me up, I'd go.

SDF
2007-05-23, 12:14 AM
I have summer courses from July 9th to August 12, but I'm free after that until school starts. I'm always up for a road trip if I have the funds, and the cities would be a cool location because I have a lot of friends there I wouldn't mind seeing again. Since I don't foresee a north west meet up, it is probably this or a Cali one for me =P

RoboticSheeple
2007-05-23, 12:49 AM
I'm from St. Paul myself and living just across the St. Croix for school so I could very easily do this.

Subscribing to this thread. Should be interesting to see if this develops into anything.

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-05-23, 05:23 AM
I'm going to be in pretty much the middle of Wisconsin Aug 12-18 teaching banjo (and thus missing GenCon). Hrm...

adanedhel9
2007-05-23, 07:36 AM
I'm up for it. I've lived in the cities for about a year now, so I can offer some small services as a local.

There isn't anything on my schedule at the moment that would prevent me from participating in any particular weekend meetup, though my personal preference would be sooner rather than later.

Tutunkommon
2007-05-23, 07:40 AM
Cool! I'm living in South Carolina, but all my family is in MN, and we have a trip planned that way anyway. I could probably adjust the dates a bit if it is around the end of June / Early July....

EmeraldRose
2007-05-23, 08:48 AM
Great! The only dates that are completely difficult for me are June 1 and 22, and July 13 and 27. I'll be out of town for my internship seminar, but only for that day. It can be worked around. Also, August 3 is graduation, I'll be out of town again for that.

Any time after August 4 is pretty much free, or I can schedule something in earlier...

I'm glad so many people are interested!! :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2007-05-23, 11:22 AM
I'm interested. I'm a lifetime resident of the fair cities, so I'd be happy to bounce some ideas off you all.

Like the meeting place - might I suggest the Chatterbox in Saint Paul. It's a restaurant that has games. No, not like an arcade, but some nintendo's/atari's/and I think a sega or two at the tables. They also have board games and darts. They have couches to park yourselves at too. The best part, the games are free. They don't charge a thing for you to come play them. So it's a great spot to hang out and meet. Good food and drinks as well. (Karoake on Weds.) Honestly, a gamer's place to go eat.

If that sounds good, I'll link the location and what not.

Most of the end of my summer is free. Early July has some busy weekends.

Tharivol123
2007-05-23, 11:55 AM
I'd be up for one as well. Any time in August except the first week works for me. June and July have way too much going on for me to make in either of those months, though.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-23, 04:53 PM
I'm up for it. I need enough advance warning to properly budget the time, money, and other such affairs.

Rama_Lei
2007-05-23, 05:10 PM
Ughh, no love for Michiganders? Can't make it, sorry.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-05-23, 05:38 PM
Gr... I miss-read the title of this thread as Midwives GiTP Meet-up!

EmeraldRose
2007-05-23, 07:45 PM
I've been to the Chatterbox! ( I think...) It's a cool little place! :smallsmile: Some friends of ours live like right across the street.

Samiam303
2007-05-23, 07:53 PM
There's a distinct possibility that I'm going to be in Minneapolis sometime during August. We'll see if it happens to be whenever this is going on! :smile:

Supagoof
2007-05-24, 01:59 AM
I've been to the Chatterbox! ( I think...) It's a cool little place! :smallsmile: Some friends of ours live like right across the street.

Ah, but did you go to the one in Saint Paul (near the Ford plant in highland park) or the one in Minneapolis (Near Hiawatha close to the light rail)? Mpls was the original, but Saint Paul is much larger and more open (ie you're not backing your bar stool into someone else all evening). Given the choice, it's the Saint Paul one for me everytime. :smallwink: Plus they have a party room, which if we get this event together, I'm certain we could make arrangements to reserve....:smallsmile:

wxdruid
2007-05-24, 07:24 AM
I won't be back in the US until at least the middle of August.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-24, 07:34 AM
Ah, but did you go to the one in Saint Paul (near the Ford plant in highland park) or the one in Minneapolis (Near Hiawatha close to the light rail)? Mpls was the original, but Saint Paul is much larger and more open (ie you're not backing your bar stool into someone else all evening). Given the choice, it's the Saint Paul one for me everytime. :smallwink: Plus they have a party room, which if we get this event together, I'm certain we could make arrangements to reserve....:smallsmile:

It was the one in St Paul. I didn't know there was another one. We've just moved here, but we've visited several times. I already LOVE Punch's Pizza!!!!

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2007-05-24, 05:11 PM
It was the one in St Paul. I didn't know there was another one. We've just moved here, but we've visited several times. I already LOVE Punch's Pizza!!!!

The Minneapolis one is the (considerably more of a dive) original.

Punch is straight-up baked ambrosia. We lived just across the river and probably went there at least once a month.

*longs miserably for a neapolitan bruni and a glass of Peroni*

Trog
2007-05-24, 05:13 PM
There's a very high likelyhood that I will be there. Can a particular date be thrown out so more focused planning can begin? :smallsmile:

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-24, 05:23 PM
I live in the Twin Cities, but alas, I do not think I could attend. I'll be there in spirit, though.

If you guys do have a meet-up, someone have a diet coke for me! :D

Shadow
2007-05-24, 05:27 PM
I'm not far (in Chicago) but I might have a problem getting the time off of work, as I already have a trip planned in August (and it was hard enough getting off for that one....).
A definitive date might help me as well.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-24, 07:01 PM
How much planning time will we need?

To get things moving, how about trying a couple of dates? June 16th or July 14th? Both are Saturdays... We can try a date in August as well, for any who are interested in Ren Fest...

Any other suggestions?

Shadow
2007-05-24, 07:09 PM
Personally, mid-July would work best for me.
If that's the date that gets set, I might actually be able to make it. Otherwise, probably not.
But I don't want to have people under the assumption that I can make it.
As it stands right now, we're short one manager and we have another one being transferred in about two weeks, so myself and one other have had to take the reigns with little help.
Unless we get those two replaced before the proposed date, anything that I say now may become moot....
I'm just working too much and have no one to pick up the slack....

To give you an idea: Yesterday was my day off.
I only spent 7 hours at work.... On my day off....

EmeraldRose
2007-05-24, 07:11 PM
Sounds like time to get someone fired then!! :smalltongue:

Shadow
2007-05-24, 07:13 PM
Yeah! Like ME!

Hmmm..... That's an idea....

EmeraldRose
2007-05-24, 07:16 PM
Heh..true, you would then be free to go where you wanted to go and when. However, I would recommend waiting until we know for sure whether this is going to happen, as well as how much money you will need to get here. (and back home again). I mean, we like you and all, but you've got to go back afterwards...:smallamused:

adanedhel9
2007-05-25, 12:02 AM
To give you an idea: Yesterday was my day off.
I only spent 7 hours at work.... On my day off....

Yeesh, sounds like my week. I filled out my timecard several hours ago: it had 84 hours on it. Since Sunday.

I'm surprised I'm still awake. Good thing I have tomorrow and all of next week off, though chances are pretty good that I'll be doing some work tomorrow anyways.

I think I'm going to reverse my previous preference, and say that latter would be better than sooner... say, after my team is no longer booked for 3 months of work in 1 month's time, half of which on a brand-new product that no one has ever developed for before now.

Sereneprophet
2007-05-25, 12:58 AM
Id love to, but I dont feel like driving eight hours, even if I actually drove, to get there. To long of a drive, even though I was born and raised in the suburbs around St. Paul, Minneapolis, and much of my family still lives in that area.

The Minnesota Ren Faire is an amazing one. I always enjoyed going there, but I havnt gone in like 4 or so years, and I wont make it this year either, just to difficult to get there for me.

Anyways, have fun!

Castaras
2007-05-25, 11:16 AM
How much planning time will we need?

To get things moving, how about trying a couple of dates? June 16th or July 14th? Both are Saturdays... We can try a date in August as well, for any who are interested in Ren Fest...

Any other suggestions?

Do July 14th! Then the UKitpers can meet up and think of the midwestitpers meeting up at the same time as us! :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2007-05-25, 11:51 AM
June 16th seems to early to get anything together or enought time for people plan to meet up. I can do it, but worry about everyone else.

July 14th is better for that, alas it's not good for me, as that's one of the early July weekends that I spoke of.

August is good. Might I suggest August 18th. That may give Shadow more time to hire a replacement (give him some extra time off hopefully) and train the person in. Should be early enough before school starts, and also August is the month where vacation travel dies down should costs should be lower. (Except gasoline, because the oil companies are teh suxxor.)

And Trog, if we both go, I'm buying you a drink. Zerg, I'll certainly have a diet coke for you. (I only drink enough DC to wonder if it'd be cheaper to have an IV installed. Just stick it in my veins! :smallamused: )

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-25, 09:22 PM
I'm definitely in the July or August boat. Somehow, though, I think August would work better. My family's supposed to be doing something mid-July, and I have to double check when that is.

Alarra
2007-05-27, 01:52 PM
August 18th is during Gencon, so anyone that's planning to be there couldn't come.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-30, 08:03 AM
So, do we have a date yet?

We're also gonna have to find a specific location within the Twin Cities area, aren't we?

EmeraldRose
2007-05-30, 08:09 AM
I haven't seen a date yet...but I think the Chatterbox in St Paul has been put out as a possible location.

Alarra has a good point about Mid August pulling people out because of Gencon.

Shall we just choose a date then?

Missing Shoe
2007-05-30, 08:11 AM
I might be able to come since Iowa is right next door. I dont know for sure yet though.

I will actually be going to renfest in early September, my sister is getting married there.:smallsmile:

EmeraldRose
2007-05-30, 08:14 AM
SWEET! Never actually been to a Ren Fest wedding...I think we'll be going at least once or twice this year, since it's right down the street from us now...sort of...

BTW...just picked up Munchkin Cthulu and we need people to play it!! :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2007-05-30, 02:35 PM
Meeting at Ren Fest would also be fun...if you've never been, then you don't know the glory of Puke and Snot. :smallwink:

So, August 18th people are lost to GenCon. How about August the dates of 25, or 26?

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-30, 03:43 PM
Alright, seeing as the Chatterbox is within walking distance of my house (you guys are taunting me, I swear), I talked about it to my parents and they said it'd actually probably be okay.

The Ren Fest would be a bit trickier, but that'd also probably be okay.

I'm also occupied July 9th-13th and July 30th-August 3th, other than that, any day would be fine (as far as my knowledge goes).

Tharivol123
2007-05-30, 06:49 PM
I am an usher in weddings on the weekends of June 16th and July 14th, so those are right out for me. The last week of July (and the framing weekends) are likewise out, as is the first weeknd of August and classes start for me on September 4th. That really only leaves four weekends free for me, but one of them is Gencon. So, regardless of when its held, there's a good chance I can't make it anyway. Whatever works for the most people is best way to go, and my schedule doesn't seem to match up with anyone else's.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-30, 09:18 PM
After August 3, I'm pretty much free except for job hunting. Other than that, the only busy dates for me are already somewhere in this thread.

So...that said, do we push back into August, or pick a date in July, since we are pretty much in June at this point?

TempusCCK
2007-05-30, 09:24 PM
This sounds like fun, but I don't know about getting up to Minnesota, how long a drive would that be from the Northern IL/IA border?

Also, what kind of festivities can we expect? Am I just going to hang around with a bunch of OOTS and D&D nerds, or is there something else in stock?

EmeraldRose
2007-05-30, 09:28 PM
Just going to hang out with a bunch of DnD nerds?!? What else do you expect? :smallwink: There will be much playing of nerdy games and talking about OOTS, and DnD, and..and..nerdyness...and maybe Ren Fest. Maybe even people in costume if you are lucky! (well, I don't know about the costume part honestly...:smallbiggrin: )

As far as distance, I dunno...Google the Twin Cities from wherever you are to get a general distance/ time.

There aren't any real plans yet, we're still stying to pin down a date.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-30, 09:29 PM
At this point, I'm thinking August would be best. Gives us all more time to plan. Given the Speed of Message Board, we'll be halfway through June (at least) before we can finalize anything.

EmeraldRose
2007-05-30, 09:31 PM
Heh..too true. I know I will have more time then as well. School will be over for me, and there will be fewer headaches to worry about on that front.

Supagoof
2007-05-31, 01:07 AM
Allright, let's put this to vote then.

Saturday August 25 - No one has objected to this date, it doesn't fall on GenCon, Ren Fest is still performing (should we go there). Gives time to travel before and after...(As Sundays are a bit more difficult time/travelwise if you're driving in from out of MN)

Vote Yay or Neigh - 70% majority takes it. Let's give the vote 5 days.

I'll check with the Chatterbox next time I'm there to see about using the party room. (Cost, date, etc...)

Oh, and from IA/IL to Saint Paul is roughly 5 hours. Check it here. (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=dubuque+to+saint+paul&sll=42.309815,-91.834717&sspn=4.05375,10.283203&ie=UTF8&ll=43.691708,-92.010498&spn=3.963651,10.283203&z=7&om=1)

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-31, 07:10 AM
My only objection to the 25th is if I wind up staying overnight to Sunday. The 26th is my birthday, and I'd rather be spending the whole day with family rather than travelling. But other than that, it's doable.

For the moment: color me neutral. (May make a last minute change.)

EmeraldRose
2007-05-31, 08:58 AM
I am fine with Aug 25th.

Also for those who may be interested, whether it's connected to our get together or not, the theme for Ren Fest that weekend is Highland Fling (http://www.renaissancefest.com/MRF/themewknd.html).

adanedhel9
2007-05-31, 09:27 AM
Fine by me.

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-31, 12:12 PM
I think that's fine.

Out of curiosity, how long do these meetups last?

Seffbasilisk
2007-05-31, 12:43 PM
August 25th might work for me as well, I'm actually planning a roadtrip from New York to Florida and back sometime around then, so I might be able to incorperate it.

HempRope
2007-05-31, 02:44 PM
So, I'm all for this twin cities meetup, but that's a bit far off for me.

Anyone interested in a more mid-Midwest gathering? Rama said that she (like me) is in MI, and there were a couple of mentions of Chicago. Are there a couple of people who want to gather in Chi-town? Enough that there should be another thread for it?

Trog
2007-05-31, 03:34 PM
I think that date works for me. So where are we meeting and at what time?

Shadow
2007-05-31, 06:39 PM
As I said before, I'm still up in the air (dependant upon work) but now that we have an idea of when, I can start the process moving there.

ie: color me neutral as well.

Uberblah
2007-05-31, 06:49 PM
I could make the Chicago meet-up, most likely. I only live 45 min south west of the Windy City. But I'd need someone to come steal me. I don't have a ride there.

Shadow
2007-05-31, 06:55 PM
Dude, I'm in Lisle.
If/when we have a Chi-town meet, I'll give you a lift.

Uberblah
2007-05-31, 07:12 PM
Seriously? I'm in Wheaton. That'd be totally awesome! Thanks.

SDF
2007-05-31, 07:14 PM
Eh, 25 doesn't work for me. Oh well, there is always next time.

And Chicago is not more Midwest, it is almost eastern. :smalltongue: Something like Kansas would be more Midwest.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-31, 09:18 PM
And Chicago is not more Midwest, it is almost eastern. :smalltongue: Something like Kansas would be more Midwest.
Kansas is Great Planes bordering a Rocky Mountain State.

Here's a map of the Midwest for ya: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest

Given that definition, Chicago is pretty much in the middle of the Midwest.

Tharivol123
2007-05-31, 09:25 PM
I'm sitting neutral for the date at this point. I live in Green Bay, so the twin cities and Chicago are about the same distance for me. My only problem with Chicago is traffic and the time it would take to get there (Seriously...driving through Milwaukee and Chicago during orange cone season, not a treat).

The Orange Zergling
2007-05-31, 09:26 PM
Still would like an answer on how long these meetups last on average.

Supagoof
2007-06-01, 01:48 PM
No idea Orange, since this would be the first one for the mid-west ever. Probably guess of at least 3 - 6 hours.

As for place, with the twin cities I can make the arrangements for the get together at the previously discussed Chatterbox (reserving the party room, etc..) and I can even do some scoping of the Ren fest to find an easily located gathering point (The jousting place, the shire garden, etc...). In Chicago - ??? - Someone else would have to coordinate that.

Saturday the 25th of August it shall be then for the date.

So let's lock down the exact location next...

MN - Saint Paul - Chatterbox (Great restaurant/bar/gaming place)
MN - Shakopee (South of Minneapolis) - Rennesaince Festival
IL - Chicago - ???

Would it be helpful if I created a google spreadsheet to show who's confirmed as coming and details and such?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-01, 04:52 PM
Getting to St. Paul will be cheaper, and I can guarantee getting home in time to spend my birthday with my family...

Put me down for St. Paul with Shakopee as a second.

Samiam303
2007-06-01, 05:54 PM
I very well may be visiting family in Minneapolis on that date, so St. Paul would be idea for me to make it, although there's the possibility that I could make it down to Shakopee.

Chicago would rule me out.

The Orange Zergling
2007-06-01, 06:57 PM
I'd very much prefer St. Paul, with Shakopee as a second. I wouldn't be able to make it to Chicago.

Trog
2007-06-01, 08:30 PM
St. Paul will work for me. Or Shokopee. St. Paul would, I imagine, be cheaper? With less manure? Though there would be a distubing lack of low cut breast boosting medieval dresses for the men's enjoyment and enhanced codpieces and religion-revealing tights for the ladies eye candy. Hmm... Thes and I might have to go clothes shopping. :smallwink: :smalltongue:

I would only be interested in Chicago if the number gathering there reached critical mass. And if it was a seperate one from this gathering.

adanedhel9
2007-06-01, 10:22 PM
Put me down as St. Paul first, Shakopee second. I extremely doubt I could make any sort of meetup in Chicago.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-01, 10:38 PM
I'm in for St Paul first, Ren Fest second. :smallsmile:

Chicago, unfortunately, is out for me.

My husband has asked that we consider the weekend of Aug 18th for the meetup, since the 19th is his birthday (and we may possibly reserve a tent at RenFest for his birthday, this is still up in the air) Tent reserving would be about 2 hours, but then you'd be in the Fest as long as you want...

*thinks about finally getting a peasant wench costume, and wonders about armor for Andre Fairchilde* :smallamused:

Helgraf
2007-06-02, 12:38 AM
Wish you all the best of luck with the meetup - lamentably, I learned of it too late to be able to block out the time and funds; perhaps next time.

Supagoof
2007-06-05, 11:00 AM
Well then, since we have location and date pretty much decided....

Location: Saint Paul - Chatterbox (Click for Map) (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=chatterbox&near=Saint+Paul,+MN&fb=1&cid=44917310,-93187300,14949392596180328287&li=lmd&ie=UTF8&ll=44.926648,-93.184319&spn=0.020783,0.047894&z=14&iwloc=A&om=1)
Time: Shall we say starting at 1pm CST and going until 5ish (or maybe later, they are open until 2am)
What to bring: Yourself. Friends. Money for food and drink (& ID if you want alchohol). If someone has munchkin, that'd be great to play as well (Quick, D&D like, and simple without having to roll a char sheet.)

More info about the establishment can be found here. (http://www.chatterboxpub.net/)

I've reserved the event room. It cost $0.00 (yay) to reserve and has a projection screen, so if we want we can hook up [insert gaming system] to it. The manager I spoke with was okay with us bringing in a system, or they have old school NES, Genesis, & Atari that they can hook up as well. (Games listed online at link above)

It would be nice to give them an approximate count of who will be in attendance. So send me a PM or post here your intentions for coming.

adanedhel9
2007-06-05, 01:17 PM
Count me in. I've put it on my calendar.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-05, 01:45 PM
I will be there and I will bring Andre Fairchilde. We have many versions of Munchkin, as well as Zombies!, Rubout, and other miscellaneous games of the sort...

We'll probably also bring some friends who live across the street...

Can't wait!! :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-05, 02:07 PM
I guess I'm in.

I could bring some Cheapass Games—Kill Doctor Lucky, Save Doctor Lucky, Before I Kill You, Mr. Bond (yes, before they changed the name!), Bitin' Off Hedz, Starbase Jeff, Devil Bunny Needs a Ham, and Devil Bunny Hates the Earth. Those are quick and easy games.

I also have Clue: Dungeons and Dragons Edition, though I'm missing one of the weapons.

Might bring some console games if I can be sure what's available. I've got an SNES and N64. Might be able to borrow some Game Cube games.

Hey! If anyone knows Dragon Dice, I've still got my old collection. Chime in so I know to bring them!

The Orange Zergling
2007-06-05, 11:01 PM
I'm also in, and could bring "Awful Green Things from Outer Space" (it's way better than it sounds), although it takes a while to play and is only for two players.

And if it is 1-5(ish), that'd work great for me, since I get tired and restless after several hours of social interaction, so that'd be timed just right (I think).

Supagoof
2007-06-07, 11:45 AM
Great. The games sound fantastic.

As for consoles, Chatterbax has NES, Genesis, and Atari 2600 there. I can bring a Gamecube + four controllers if we want that. Or I could also bring a PS2 plus GH2 for rocking out, but I'd prefer to have the system with more then 2 players at a time. :smallwink:

The party room is fairly large, so the more the merrier. I'll plan on being there early to setup and what not. I'll tell them to bring anyone who says they are with GIANTITP back to the room, unless we want some different, like Uber-Funtastic-Midwest-Forum-Junkies-Anonymous, because that would be fun.

"Are you looking for someone?"
"Yes, I'm with the Uber-Funtastic-Midwest-Forum-Junkies-Anonymous party?"
"Right this way...."

Alas, they don't have wireless internet, so we won't be able to post while the meet-up is going on. :smalleek: Though there is a starbucks across the street, I wonder if they have and we can pick up their wireless signal....*makes note to check on this*

adanedhel9
2007-06-07, 12:23 PM
I can bring a Wii as well, with 2 wiimotes. My game selection is somewhat limited at the moment, but if anyone has any strong feelings towards any particular party game, I can rent it (or get it for myself).

Also, I would really enjoy the opportunity to try out the OotS game. If anyone has it and can bring it, would really appreciate that.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-07, 12:42 PM
The Starbucks across the street does have Tmobile, but you have to pay for it ($9.99 a pop), and I don't know if it'd reach across to the Chatterbox...

It would be fun to play the OoTS game! My husband looked at getting it at Phoenix Games the other day, but they were out...:smallfrown:

Shadow
2007-06-08, 02:48 AM
I need to vent.

As this rant will be somewhat relevant to this thread, I thought that this would be a decent place to do it.

As you know, my availability to be at this meet-up is dependent upon work.
For those of you who aren't aware, I'm the head bartender/bar manager at a sushi lounge/nightclub in Illinois. When I clocked out after 9 hours there on Wed (my day off), I was clocking out with 72.6 hours for the week. That figure does not include any work I do from home, which is a considerable amount.
Tonight I find out that the owner and his consultant (a friend of mine- that brought me there specifically to take over for the incompetent fool that was running the bar) and our head DJ have just bought another location not too far away that recently went under.
No longer will I have he headache of dealing with turning a restaurant into a nightclub three days a week all in a half hour's time!
YEAH!
I've also been informed that I will be overseeing the transition from the nightclub there to the nightclub (and nothing more) at the new location.
um.... yeah.... :smallfrown:
I will take over the bar manager position at the new nightclub once things get rolling (which is the way that I prefer it) and run the show from behind the bar (again, the way that I prefer it).
YEAH!
Which means that until I find a competent replacement, I'll be working twice as much as I already do.
um.... yeah.... :smallfrown:
Are there even that many hours in a week?....?....? I'm not sure....
Unfortunately, what this means is that I absolutely will not have the time to come to this meet. :smallfrown:
I'm going to buy a couple of cots and keep them in their respective places at these two locations instead.
So, while the money is decent, my personal life just went in the ****house until further notice.

Let me know when the next Mid-West meet is and maybe by then I'll be able to make it....

((and don't worry ER, I'll still save that bottle of Wildhorse Syrah for you, your husband and myself....))

Sleepless and hanging on to my sanity by a thread,
-Shadow

EmeraldRose
2007-06-08, 08:38 AM
:smalleek: Shadow have you thought about putting up a job listing online? Maybe someone will bite...you need to have at least some time off! This is getting ridiculous!!!!!!

Ask all your friends and their friends and the people coming in to drink...well...maybe not them...

Supagoof
2007-06-08, 09:05 AM
Here's to hoping you win the lottery Shadow. Running two establishments is no easy trick, especially if you're trying to get the new nightclub to take off....

All I have to say is yikes! and that I wish you the best of luck with it.

The Orange Zergling
2007-06-08, 02:53 PM
Best of luck, Shadow.

Anyway, if someone could bring the OotS game that'd be great, always wanted to play it... and it just occured to me that this may be a tad awkward, since you people are like twice my age, but hopefully that can be ignored.

soozenw
2007-06-08, 03:37 PM
sounds like a good idea, but I'm due to give birth mid August...so I won't be able to make it. BUMMER! I'm also quite upset that I have to miss gencon this year too...

EmeraldRose
2007-06-08, 05:08 PM
We'll just have to have another meet-up later when you can bring your son and show him off! :smallbiggrin:

And @ ^^...no worries...many of us used to game with wierd old people too...:smallwink:

Shadow
2007-06-09, 04:00 AM
Awwww....
I want to be the wierd old guy this time....

Maybe next time....
:biggrin:

EmeraldRose
2007-06-09, 01:15 PM
Awwww....
I want to be the wierd old guy this time....

Maybe next time....
:biggrin:

You can be the weird old guy next time! I think it'll be Trog if he makes it this time...:smallbiggrin: Well, him or any of us that're actually guys, that is...

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-06-09, 04:56 PM
...I'd prefer to have the system with more then 2 players at a time.
Hm...

Well, for N64 four-player action, I have Starfox 64, Super Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, Perfect Dark, and the mini-games from Kirby 64.

But we don't have a confirmed N64. I *might* be able to bring mine. We'll just have to wait and see about that. In any case, I only have three controllers.

Well, him or any of us that're actually guys, that is...
Hey! I resemble that remark! :smalltongue:

Sereneprophet
2007-06-12, 02:43 PM
Well Im gonna throw my dice back into here. Id prefer the Ren Faire, only because its completely fun and awesome, I havnt gone in ages...and yeah.

Secondly, I plan on moving back to Minnesota, preferably the Ramsey area, within the next few months so I should be able to attend.

However there is a second little piece to this post, and thats for anyone around that area, the cities, whatever, I am going to need friends to meet with, hang out with, do stuff with, and I would be honored if a some of you would be willing to do that. I do not drive, due to a phobia, but im sure I could figure something out, or pay for being picked up and whatnot, and pretty much everyone on this site has been fairly cool, and this thread as well, so yeah.

Anyways, Ill probably make a bigger post once I know more..but thats my little thing on it.

Peace!

Supagoof
2007-06-12, 04:35 PM
Hey now, really, I'm the creepy old guy. Can anyone beat 29 years? Just checking to be sure. :smalltongue:

Sereneprophet, welcome back to the Twin Cities. I'd be happy to get you involved with our gaming group and such, as it's kind of dwindling right now (One of our players is leaving for Colorado and another will only be in the US for a short while longer, as she's finishing her schooling here.) so the more the merrier. Send me a PM when you know more about where you'll be and when, and I'll make arrangements with you to meet up and what not.

For the N64, I don't have one anymore. I may have an extra controller and can possibly borrow some more, so if you plan to bring yours let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Sereneprophet
2007-06-12, 06:57 PM
Very cool, I look forward to it. I haven't been able to get into any gaming groups around here just due to the lack of interest in such things and lack of people, so when I know more I will definitely hit you up.

And if I can make it by Ren time, and things work out good, Ill keep checking back here of course, (I suppose something may have already been decided and I missed it the info, hope not, otherwise ill sound semi retarded :P) I'll see if ill have enough to get the outfit I planned on using. Kind of the cliche swashbuckler, but I figure I might be able to tweak him to some semblence of a bard, even if I have to pick up some cheesy flute or something, since I don't really have enough for an acoustic and all the other stuff, and guitar is all I know how to (poorly) play.

Just depends on if I can find all the required items in a size that works, and a design/color scheme I like. Im by no means a fashion designer or metrosexual or anything else, but I do like to look good in what I wear, by my own senses which I guess are fairly decent since I get praised all the time. I know what sword I want, and offhand if I happen to have the extra for it. So long as they have not changed their policies on it, but I wouldn't think so.

Anyways im blabbing like a fool, so ill stop.

Peace!

Alex (oh yeah, thats my real name, im just gonna start signing with it, I dunno why)

EmeraldRose
2007-06-12, 07:26 PM
*gasp*

Starting up a gaming group?!? We haven't had a gaming group since we left Okinawa 3 years ago!!!!! :smalleek:

*faints from withdrawal*

Shadow
2007-06-12, 07:46 PM
Hey now, really, I'm the creepy old guy. Can anyone beat 29 years? Just checking to be sure. :smalltongue:

Gotcha.
But I can't come, so you're still the dirty old guy. :biggrin:

Alarra
2007-06-12, 07:57 PM
*mutters* Why didn't I know you all back when I was still living in the cities? *misses gaming muchly*

EmeraldRose
2007-06-12, 08:24 PM
Ha! Also 30, but I'm not a guy!! :smallbiggrin: *laughs and giggles* Supagoof still wins! Unless we count my husband...

Alarra, you can always move back, or at the least couch hop between our houses...:smallwink:

adanedhel9
2007-06-12, 11:05 PM
Hmmm, a gaming group, you say?

I've gone a year without a solid group, with just a few sessions scattered here and there. I haven't quite gone into withdrawal yet. But I'm itching to DM a campaign again.

I think my gaming needs are filled for this summer with a mini-campaign (I might need, and probably could use, one or two more players; my PM box is open to any GitPer interested). But around the time this meetup is scheduled, I'll probably be looking for some players for a real campaign. So I look forward to meeting some of you eager group-less gamers.

Supagoof
2007-06-28, 03:50 PM
Update: Hey! I checked last night. Chatterbox has open wireless, so if we wanted to we could brings PCs to post here while we are there.

Yes, it crosses into addication feeding.
Yes, it's really geeky
Yes, if we're getting together why should we spend time on a PC,
and
Yes, I will bring my laptop. :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and Emerald Rose - you can't, because he's disqualified from being creepy because he's there with you. I still win, unless Shadow get's some help and can come. *Wishes help would find Shadow to make his job easier*

Shadow
2007-06-28, 04:29 PM
Actually, work has been getting easier lately.
Not much, but I am sending less time there on the whole.

Now if I can find someone competent enough to take over for just a weekend....

EmeraldRose
2007-06-28, 06:13 PM
C'mon, you can give it over to a newbie for ONE weekend, can't you Shadow? PLEASE?!? :smalltongue:

And my husband will be pleased to know that marriage takes away the old guy gamer creepiness...:smallwink:

Also, they have wireless? Sweet!!! We SOOOOO have to post on the Forums while we're there!!!

Shadow
2007-06-29, 03:51 AM
I'll try.
I'll have to check the exact date agian, but I'll give it a shot....

Rettu Skcollob
2007-06-29, 06:33 AM
Blast. Rettu Appears To Be In A Different Continent To Yours.:smallconfused:

Supagoof
2007-06-29, 12:02 PM
Rettu, know that I will have a drink in your honor. So when you get that warm feeling in the early morning sometime in the August winter, know it's coming from us enjoying the evening August summer raising a glass to you.

Yep. It's decided then - I'm bringing my laptop (and maybe another - I'll see. :smalltongue: )

Just under 2 months away....

The Orange Zergling
2007-06-29, 12:23 PM
It's times like this I wish I had a laptop... I could 'commandeer' my fathers, but it only has work stuff on it. =(

EmeraldRose
2007-07-01, 02:38 PM
So...who do we have that is coming for sure? Let's get some kind of list of who there is so far...

Myself and Andre Fairchilde, possibly our gamer spawn.

EDIT: # attending

adanedhel9
2007-07-01, 07:39 PM
Count me for one.

Reinboom
2007-07-01, 08:53 PM
Someone willing to go and able to pick someone up from southwest Michigan? :smallconfused:

Supagoof
2007-07-01, 09:54 PM
I'll be there for sure.

Sorry SweetRein, I can't do the Michigan pickup. It does bring the question of whose traveling from where though - perhaps we can arrange car-pooling if some are coming from the same place?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-07-02, 10:30 AM
I thought we already started the headcount?

Well, reminder: I'm in.

If I can't get a ride, I'm going to take a train in. If that sort of thing is in any way viable, SweetRein, you might want to look into that yourself. (And I don't just mean train. Check into Greyhound, too.) I doubt you'll have trouble getting anyone to pick you up once you actually get to the cities.

The Orange Zergling
2007-07-02, 08:05 PM
I'm in, I could just walk down there.

Reinboom
2007-07-03, 02:52 AM
Well, I could get to Chicago for the least cost. (Possibly free, depending on friends)
I really can't do a bus or similar, not much money here :smalleek:

wxdruid
2007-07-03, 06:05 AM
Is there a date and place yet?

and is it after Aug 15th?

EmeraldRose
2007-07-03, 07:51 AM
Yup! :smallbiggrin:

Time: Starting at 1pm CST and going until 5ish (Or later)

I wonder if there is room for a link in my sig for this...hmm.

Rawhide
2007-07-03, 07:55 AM
More importantly, have you bought my ticket yet?

Zar Peter
2007-07-03, 08:22 AM
I'd like to come there, too, but I think it's a little bit far away. But I would beat you all in being the oldest guy!

EmeraldRose
2007-07-03, 08:30 AM
Yes. You would most assuredly beat me in being the oldest guy. :smallwink:

Sure, Rawhide, what account are we depositing this to, and your real name is...:smallbiggrin:

Seriously though...it's too bad you can't make it to everyone's meet-up. You need to work on that whole independently wealthy thing!

Thes Hunter
2007-07-03, 09:23 AM
I am going to be living in the area when this happens... so Yay! another meetup I can attend! :smallsmile:

Cobra_Ikari
2007-07-03, 09:29 AM
Only four hours long?

...hmm...*considers anyway*...

EmeraldRose
2007-07-03, 09:46 AM
COBRA!!! *hugs*

Also...at least four hours...who knows how long we'll actually end end meeting. We could adjourn to someone's house or something if we get kicked out of the Chatterbox.

Plus, I think Goof mentioned, they are open until like 2am...

EDIT: Also....[talks into recorder] the elusive Thes appears to be interested in the activity going on around her...[/talks into recorder] :smalltongue: Cool! Where are you going to be staying?

Alarra
2007-07-03, 11:46 AM
There is a slight, minuscule, itty bitty chance that I may be able to be around that area then, but I wouldn't count on me.

Supagoof
2007-07-07, 10:33 AM
So we can count on you to not count on you but in wacky upside-down world that would be counting on you.

Okay, I'll count on you being there. :smallamused:

EmeraldRose
2007-07-07, 10:46 AM
Someone else from the "where are you thread" is in Minneapolis and just told me he'd be there....He didn't know about till I pointed him to the thread and asked if he was coming...

*goes to look for his name*

EDIT: Zeful said he was going to come out too...

Reinboom
2007-07-09, 07:59 AM
Ok, I have the ability to go down through South Bend, Indianapolis, and Louisville... anywhere on this route will someone be crossing to this meet up?

wxdruid
2007-07-13, 05:05 PM
That's a bit to far for me. Catlover starts school the 23rd and I can't take her out of school so soon after starting.

The Orange Zergling
2007-07-25, 05:09 PM
/thredrez

Alright, so the meet-up is about a month or so away now, just wanted to check in to make sure it's still going to happen. (I'm very paranoid about things going on without me knowing <.<)

Just in case not everybody knows; yes, I am 12, I hope this won't matter much, just want to make sure nobody thinks I'm just a random kid who dropped in.

Sooo... yeah... sorry 'bout the blatant thread necromancy, but I didn't think making a new thread was a good idea.

EmeraldRose
2007-07-25, 09:04 PM
No worries, I don't think less than two weeks on a thread that is still going to be updated is a bad thing :smallwink:

Yes, plans are still on.

Also, so long as your folks are ok with you meeting up with a bunch of gaming-types in a bar, we are cool with meeting up with you :smallbiggrin:

Besides, there've been others with kids there before, and we may bring our son...(though he's 4, and it'd mean we wouldn't be able to stay forever)

Supagoof
2007-07-26, 01:31 PM
Absolutely it's still on.

I wouldn't consider chatterbox a bar really, it's more of a restaurant with "spirits".

Looking forward to meeting you all there. I think by that time I'll have KUBB figured out, since apparently that has become a meet-up tradition. :smallsmile:

adanedhel9
2007-07-26, 05:21 PM
I still have every intention of being there.

Supagoof
2007-08-20, 10:00 AM
Hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy - considering the meetup is only 5 DAYS AWAY!

So yep, time to revive this thread to not only remind others that the mid-west meetup is this Saturday - August 25th - at the Chatterbox in Saint Paul Minnesota, starting at 1pm CST.

If you live close enough to make it, and can make it, then we'd love to see you there/here! I know there are a few people out there who are new to the boards and haven't had a chance to read about this yet, being the thread had found it's way to the 4th page, but please feel welcome to come. I know there has been some talk about friends from the larger city of Chicago making the road trip to visit, so unless you have a better excuse then them, you should make the trip. It'll be fun - that I will personally promise. :smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2007-08-20, 05:11 PM
:smalltongue: Goof beat me to it! I was going to bring the thread back tonight..ah well..It's back up and running.

Come out and see us peoples! We know you're out there...we know you want to come and visit...:smallbiggrin:

Zeful
2007-08-20, 05:17 PM
I still plan on showing up, it'll be nice to meet some other gamers in my area, I've been getting bored sitting in front of my pc all day every day.

Oh and ER Thanks for inviting me.

Joosbawx
2007-08-20, 09:44 PM
Man, I really wish I could make it to this...the venue and the company both sound awesome. Unfortunately, even though I only live a short 4 hour car ride away, I'm leaving for Chicago (suburb) that Monday, and I can't make it. However, if anyone is in Chicago...or St. Charles...area that following week, gimme a holler 'cause I"m there for a conference and I'll be very, very bored.

Also, I will be in the Twin Cities about a month from now at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival, on Saturday the 22nd of September. Anyone else planning on being around that weekend and attending the RenFest???

Shadow
2007-08-20, 11:57 PM
Chicago you say, Joos?
How long are you staying?
I'm only about 30 minutes out of Chi-town.

Depending on when you'll be here 'til, I might be able to find some time to meet you for a cocktail or something.
I know there has been some talk about friends from the larger city of Chicago making the road trip to visit, so unless you have a better excuse then them, you should make the trip.
You're talking about me here, aren't you?

I WISH I could've gotten the time off work. Unfortunately, I've been so busy, and had so much going on (weddings and such) that I just couldn't work it out.

Reinboom
2007-08-20, 11:59 PM
As long as alcohol is not involved - if there is any submeetup in Chicago --- I can get there easy. :smalltongue:

-edit-
The GenCon meet made more used to alcohol presence - I mean alcohol not involved as in -- not in a bar. If it's someplace I can enter then that's fine - that is - if there's a submeetup in Chicago (or a way to get to this meetup from Chicago :smalltongue: )

Joosbawx
2007-08-21, 12:46 AM
Chicago you say, Joos?
How long are you staying?
I'm only about 30 minutes out of Chi-town.

I'll be flying in next Monday evening. I'm actually staying in St. Charles...Fairfield Inn & Suites. Be there from Monday through Thursday for a conference. Evenings should be mostly free. From what I remember, since I don't have itinerary in front of me, where I am staying is about 45 miles South and West of O'Hare.

Shadow
2007-08-21, 01:02 AM
SweetRein: How's St. Charles for you? Joos is right, it's almost exactly where he says it is.

Joos: Wednesday night is a possibility for me. Mondays and Tuesdays are just no good (I've been at work since 10 this morning and I'm going home in about a half an hour.... Tuesdays are Game nights, and I mblew it off a few times in the past month or so, so the guys wouldn't like it much if I ditched them again). So maybe Wednesday.
I'm about 20 miles away from St. Charles in Lisle.

Reinboom
2007-08-21, 01:07 AM
Which Wednesday? 29th? 5th?
My way of getting to Chicago is via train. I have no form of transportation beyond mass transport aside from this - I will be arriving at South Shore if I do arrive.

Shadow
2007-08-21, 01:22 AM
I would assume from Joos' "next Monday" that he means he'll be around on the 29th.
If we get this worked out (read-- if I can find the time to do this) I can easily pick you up at the station and then just head back. But I work until about 4:30 on Wednesdays.

*thinks out loud*
Quick timetable: Leave Lisle about 4:45, get to station about 5:30 with traffic.
South Shore to St.Charles -- about an hour normally, but traffic will still be pretty heavy going through there during rush hour still, so we'll call it at least an hour and a half. At least.... That puts us getting into St. Charles at about 7pm (at the earliest).
Woud you be planning on staying out here for the ight, or heading home.
Staying out here -- possible.
Going home -- not really worth it in my mind. I mean, when's the last train leave? You'd spend more time travelling than hanging out. A lot more.

Reinboom
2007-08-21, 01:42 AM
Staying is not an issue.
Oh, and south shore time tables (or the ports - to see which is closer for you):
Millennium Station at Randolph
Van Buren St
Roosevelt Rd
McCormick Place
57th St
63rd St
Kensington
Hegewisch
Hammond
East Chicago
Gary/Chicago Airport
Gary Metro Ctr
Miller

Supagoof
2007-08-21, 11:47 AM
:smalltongue: Goof beat me to it! I was going to bring the thread back tonight..ah well..It's back up and running.

Come out and see us peoples! We know you're out there...we know you want to come and visit...:smallbiggrin:

Heehee! I did mention that I would be doing this when we met on Sunday. :smalltongue:

You're talking about me here, aren't you?

I WISH I could've gotten the time off work. Unfortunately, I've been so busy, and had so much going on (weddings and such) that I just couldn't work it out.

No..er...not at all. I mean it's cool if you're scared and all. Just kidding! I know that RL claims much more of our time then we'd want on any given day, so it's cool. However, then next time around - plan on it! (Heck, maybe next time we'll make the journey to your hood. :smallwink: )

Joos - I'll see if my wife wants to head out to Ren Fest again. We went and met up with ER and Andre F on Sunday, but the rain took control of the day and forced us home earlier then we'd wanted. So perhaps the 22nd is a possibility. If anything, maybe we could meetup aside from Ren Fest somewhere if you're in the neighborhood long enough.

Back to the meetup though - I plan on bringing the good old gamecube to hook up for some video game action. I figure with 4 players on rotation everyone can get a turn going at it perhaps. Another couple of things I'm bringing are Guillotine the card game, and another board game whose name escapes me at the moment (I'll have to edit it in later.) but it's a lot of fun and never the same game twice and will most likely feature forum members. :smallwink: If we have enough peoiple we can always play a game of werewolf live. :smallamused: Also, I need to find some sticks to go with my bricks......:smallbiggrin:

Joosbawx
2007-08-21, 12:01 PM
Joos - I'll see if my wife wants to head out to Ren Fest again. We went and met up with ER and Andre F on Sunday, but the rain took control of the day and forced us home earlier then we'd wanted. So perhaps the 22nd is a possibility. If anything, maybe we could meetup aside from Ren Fest somewhere if you're in the neighborhood long enough.

We'll be staying Friday night and Saturday night at the Holiday Inn...which I believe is in Shakopee. There is a cool little chinese place on teh same block, and a pool at the hotel. A cocktail or two wouldn't be out of order, I'm sure. My wife and I will be there with some friends from Fargo, but a meet-up would be cool.

Shadow
2007-08-21, 12:33 PM
SweetRien & Joos:
I've just been informed that my familt will be celebrating my sister's 32nd birthday/8th anniversary on next Wednesday, so....
Looks like I can't make it to St. Charles that night. I'll be heading to Mundelien instead.

Joosbawx
2007-08-21, 12:58 PM
SweetRien & Joos:
I've just been informed that my familt will be celebrating my sister's 32nd birthday/8th anniversary on next Wednesday, so....
Looks like I can't make it to St. Charles that night. I'll be heading to Mundelien instead.

No worries. was worth a shot. Have a good time and happy birthday to your sister.

Supagoof
2007-08-23, 12:57 AM
Heh, the elusive Shadow remains just that...elusive.

So, other then ER and Zeful and Adanedhel9, how many others still plan to make it?

Thes Hunter
2007-08-23, 01:03 AM
Heh, the elusive Shadow remains just that...elusive.

So, other then ER and Zeful and Adanedhel9, how many others still plan to make it?

You mean that thing at the Chatterbox on the 25th?

Trog, me and that Windfinder guy are planning on being there. :smallwink:

The Orange Zergling
2007-08-23, 01:09 AM
I do.

*resumes lurk-mode*

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-23, 09:22 AM
Trog, me and that Windfinder guy are planning on being there. :smallwink:

Finder?

[hr]Entertainer 13 is coming along, too.

Thes Hunter
2007-08-23, 11:22 AM

Finder?

<hr>Entertainer 13 is coming along, too.

Opps. :smalleek:

Ummm... you gotta find the winds to ride them right? Maybe? :smallcool:

Supagoof
2007-08-23, 11:23 AM
Yay! :smallbiggrin: Trog will be there!

I'm sure she meant Windrider...or is their another person coming Alarra (Dangit! Mistaken Identity week is supposed to be over! :smallamused:) Thes? :smallconfused:

Awesome O.Z. Glad you are still planning on coming even though I haven't seen you post much lately. Enjoy your lurking until then.

2 days away!

Trog
2007-08-23, 11:31 AM
Might take us a bit to get up there. I'm planning on taking one of those military bridge making vehicles... just in case. :smalltongue:

Zeful
2007-08-23, 01:47 PM
Trog just get a amphibious vehical, like a duck, there's a boat landing about 3/4 to a mile to the south of ford parkway. You can just drive up the river, up the landing, and out to the chatterbox.

They're only $100 on ebay and there has to be one near by.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-23, 04:39 PM
Ummm... you gotta find the winds to ride them right? Maybe? :smallcool:
In most cases, you would be correct. But as an Air Genasi, the winds come to me. :smallwink:

EmeraldRose
2007-08-23, 07:21 PM
YAY! Two more days!! I'm not really keeping count of who'll be there...

Goof, I guess this means Trog will have to drink his own...drinks. :smallwink:

Supagoof
2007-08-24, 01:16 PM
I wonder if we can get the Chatterbox to make a Dragon's Liver Buster?:smallconfused:

Meetup is now less then 24 hours away! :smallbiggrin:

And Trog - careful. Some might find it a little too soon (though I think it was hilarious.). :smallwink:

The Orange Zergling
2007-08-25, 04:26 AM
Psyched for it, but one little minor question that's probably stupid;

Are we supposed to say we are with "Giant eye-tee-pee", or "Giant in the Playground"?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-25, 06:02 AM
For the N64, I don't have one anymore. I may have an extra controller and can possibly borrow some more, so if you plan to bring yours let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Hm...

Hope it's not too late to say anything, but since no one else seems to be bringing theirs, I'll see about packing my N64 into my duffel before taking off today. So bring an extra controller or two, and we'll be all set.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-25, 10:31 AM
Just ask for the party room! :smallbiggrin:

We're bringing a couple of games. See everyone in a few hours!!!!

:smallbiggrin: :smallsmile: :smallbiggrin:

Shadow
2007-08-25, 11:09 AM
*skulks at home*

Zeful
2007-08-25, 01:33 PM
I'm on my way. Though I got a little sidetracked. See y'all!

Zar Peter
2007-08-25, 03:00 PM
Have fun at your meetup!

Best wishes!

The Orange Zergling
2007-08-25, 05:11 PM
I just got back from it -- had an awesome time. Twas nice meeting you all! :smallbiggrin:

I, unfortunately don't have any pictures, but I think Shhalahr Windfinderrider does.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-25, 07:45 PM
We're back as well. There was lots of fun! A game of Apples to Apples, Chez Dork, a couple of rounds of live action Mafia, some big-screen Game Cube, and lots of chatting.

Shhalahr does have pics and will post them eventually, but they have a longer drive home.

This was fun! And now I have a few more faces to put with names :smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-25, 09:03 PM
(points at Emeraldrose)

Trog
2007-08-25, 10:11 PM
We're back as well. Sadly there was no kubb played as I totally spaced on bringing it. It was very cool meeting you all. :smallsmile: Games were fun, food was tasty, drinks were flowing, company was hilarious. All in all not bad at all. :smallbiggrin:

No bridges were harmed during the making of this meetup.

Zeful
2007-08-26, 04:58 AM
I've just woken up after walking home from the meetup and it was cool. I think the best part was apples to apples mostly because it was hilarious.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-26, 10:27 AM
Ok..we're planning to have another Midwest meetup in a couple or few months. I'm going to ask very nicely for one of the mods to change the thread title (if I can remember) to reflect that, and then we can work on nailing down a new date, time, etc.

Anyone who wanted to make this one is more than welcome to the next one!!

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-26, 05:17 PM
I'm going to ask politely that everyone within, oh, driving distance make plans - divorce their wives, quit their jobs, and make the trip. (This means you Joos and Shadow.)

More Playgrounders! We must make the Chatterbox feel the nerd pain!

Joosbawx
2007-08-26, 05:31 PM
Okay, well, I will be in the Twin Cities the weekend of September 22nd...we will be at the RenFest that Saturday, but I'll have the previous Friday night (we're driving down from Fargo after work that night) and Sunday...or even AT the RenFest. So that'd be the perfect weekend for me. Other than that, let me know and I'd be very anxious to make something work if at all possible.

Ink
2007-08-26, 11:37 PM
Aw... your meet-ups sound like so much fun. Are crazy people from Australia invited too?

Zar Peter
2007-08-27, 06:41 AM
Hmmmm, divorce from my wife and quit my job.... no, I think I will wait for the fotos. :smallbiggrin:

And Ink, how about an Australia - Austria meet up! We should search for a quiet place in the middle. That would be.... the Chatterbox!

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-27, 12:03 PM
Just a quick post to say that I probably won't get to the pictures today. Being Super Busy for the next week or so. Only online today to check PbP games. No time to download/upload/link pictures yet. Sorry. :smallfrown:

As far as future meetups: Do they all have to be in the Twin Cities? Let some of the Wisconsin folk have a "Oh, I only had to walk two blocks" moment, eh? :smallwink:

Joosbawx
2007-08-27, 12:13 PM
Wisconsin?!? Duluth...maybe. But never Wisconsin. That'd be like asking people to come to *gasp* Fargo. =P

Mephibosheth
2007-08-27, 12:17 PM
Wisconsin?!? Duluth...maybe. But never Wisconsin. That'd be like asking people to come to *gasp* Fargo. =P

Joosbawx's theatrics notwithstanding, I second the request for a meetup in Wisconsin. Come on! It's not that far!

Joosbawx
2007-08-27, 12:19 PM
Fargo does have a Con coming up...actually. Lemme see if I can find it...found it.

ValleyCon 2007 (http://www.valleycon.com/index.htm)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-27, 01:52 PM

Thus proving once again that the Twin Cities, and therefore me -is the center of the known universe (uh, being the center between North Dakota and Wisconsin... oh never mind).

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-08-27, 04:48 PM
Not even Lake Geneva? That's like a Gamer Heritage Site.

Supagoof
2007-08-28, 08:39 AM
Thus proving once again that the Twin Cities, and therefore me -is the center of the known universe (uh, being the center between North Dakota and Wisconsin... oh never mind).

Shhh, you're gonna make it so they never want to visit us again!

This meetup was fun. It was great to meet you all, and the chatterbox provided the perfect spot for geeks like us to meet. Even with the randomn party crasher walking in to see the power of the big-screen-smash-brothers-royal taking place.

I'd look forward to another one at any other mid-west location. If that means packing up the car and making a six hour drive to the windy city, going 2 hours south to cross the border to La Crosse, or heading west to our "known for the movie" place of Fargo, then sure.

However being the mid point between those and having a bed to sleep in here always mean I'm up for another TC gathering. :smalltongue:

So, Andre, when are the "infamous quotes" of the gathering going to get posted? I recall there were some good ones....:smallwink:

Alarra
2007-08-28, 12:17 PM
:smallbiggrin: I can make it in mid-December, if you want to have another one then. :smalltongue:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-28, 12:18 PM
December 15th it is! Shadow says 'cold is good'... Maybe it'll be monthly/bi-monthly...

Shadow
2007-08-28, 12:26 PM
December 15th it is! Shadow says 'cold is good'... Maybe it'll be monthly/bi-monthly...

Cold is good!
*plans on taking a couple of days off in December*

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-28, 12:31 PM
Bears suck? That's great!

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-08-28, 12:38 PM
Well, I'm not sure of my job situation at the moment, or where I'll be then. But if I can make it home sometime in December I'll definitely try and make it. I may still be here in Md working (possibly as the head groundskeeper here), or Allentown PA for next year, so things are really up in the air for me at the moment.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-08-28, 12:43 PM
Ok, all Playgrounders! If you know anyone that is within about 9 driving hours of Minneapolis/St Paul - to include Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, Arkansas, North and South Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Nebraska - you are all invited any and all Mid-West Meetups!

Trog
2007-08-28, 01:01 PM
No can do meetup in December due to work conflicts.

Supagoof
2007-08-28, 05:19 PM
Ok, all Playgrounders! If you know anyone that is within about 9 driving hours of Minneapolis/St Paul - to include Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, Arkansas, North and South Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Nebraska - you are all invited any and all Mid-West Meetups!

And Australia too, you forgot that Australia is only like a 5 hour drive. (1 hour to the airport, cross the date time line to gain back a day, add in total flight time + 30 minutes from the airport to just about anywhere in the twin cities roughly equals about 5 hours....) :smallbiggrin:

Plus it's December, so reason 1 is you need to do some holiday shopping at the MOA (Mall Of America).

EmeraldRose
2007-09-02, 10:04 AM
Have I spaced out and missed seeing the pictures? Or did they get put into the You thread?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-09-02, 09:16 PM
Have I spaced out and missed seeing the pictures? Or did they get put into the You thread?
Haven't gotten a chance to put them up yet. I've been a busy little genasi. All sorts of things that need transforming and blasting.

Tomorrow's the last day of the season at the zoo. I'll have a few other things to take care of by Wednesday afternoon. There'll be a dramatic increase in my free time following that. I'll see about getting them up Wednesday night or Thursday morning.

McBish
2007-09-03, 05:06 PM
Hm... that is close by. I would like to go, but will need to round up someone with a car, or something better then a bike. Hm... RoboticSheeple I command you to drive me, you have a car right.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-09-11, 03:41 PM
Okay, so I'm a week later than I said. :smallcool:

http://www.divshare.com/img/1946134-764.jpg (http://www.divshare.com/download/1946135-281)

(Thumbnail links to full size picture)

This is the best portrait. Most of the other pictures didn't turn out too well, so I don't know if there's much merit in passing those around.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-09-11, 04:02 PM
Excellent picture!

Can I get it electronically?

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-09-11, 04:08 PM
Follow the link and you'll be taken to the full-size picture's page. On that page, there will be a link to download the picture itself.

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-11, 04:27 PM
How long did it end up being? I left at 5

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-09-11, 07:45 PM
It broke up around 7:00 or so.

Unfortunately, I just realized I didn't get any good pictures proving you were there, Zergling. There are a couple with about half your face, though.

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-11, 08:34 PM
Meh, that's alright. I hate how I look on photos anyway. It was still fun, though.

Shadow
2007-09-12, 02:05 AM
OK, so I know who's who as far as a couple of you go....
But what about the rest?

Can we have a name by poster name list?
Please?

I'm still the elusive one, by the way....

EmeraldRose
2007-09-12, 06:35 PM
No. You have to guess. :smallamused:

wxdruid
2007-09-12, 09:06 PM
If you can manage within a 4 hr drive of St Louis I would be interested, any further and it gets complicated with catlover being in school.

Thes Hunter
2007-09-13, 08:02 PM
Meh, that's alright. I hate how I look on photos anyway. It was still fun, though.

You and me both. :smallwink:

What's up with that?

Joosbawx
2007-09-18, 09:32 AM
Still going to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival this coming Saturday. There will be about eight of us from Fargo making the trip to Shakopee. We will be there all day, so if you're interested I'd love to meet anyone that wants to hang out there, or even just have a drink and a hello.

if you're interested, email me: [email protected]

also...

Wednesday is
International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Aizle
2007-09-18, 10:08 AM
Doh. Apparently I joined too late... :smallfrown:

Hopefully another get together will happen before too long.

Thes Hunter
2007-09-18, 12:21 PM
Still going to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival this coming Saturday. There will be about eight of us from Fargo making the trip to Shakopee. We will be there all day, so if you're interested I'd love to meet anyone that wants to hang out there, or even just have a drink and a hello.

Ooooo would be fun, but Trog and I will be in my wonderful homeland of Ann Arbor, MI that very day, not going to the Northwestern game.

*grumbles about Appalachia State!*

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-09-18, 12:29 PM
*grumbles about Appalachia State!*

All I have to say is Go Bucks!

Anywho, speaking of meetups, I have to come home for a while and renew my driver's license here before the end of next month. Right now, I'm planning on being in the Twin Cities most of next week. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thes Hunter
2007-09-18, 12:38 PM
All I have to say is Go Bucks!

Bah! :smallfurious: :smallyuk: :smallwink:

Anywho, speaking of meetups, I have to come home for a while and renew my driver's license here before the end of next month. Right now, I'm planning on being in the Twin Cities most of next week. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

That's exactly what I am doing when I am going home. :smallwink:

EmeraldRose
2007-09-18, 05:49 PM

if you're interested, email me: [email protected]

also...

Wednesday is
International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

I'm taking my licensing exam this Saturday, so I'm afraid I'll have to miss the Ren Fest. :smallfrown: Which is too bad, since we got rained out for Andre's birthday.

Maybe we can meet up afterwards or something though...

Also, wish me luck on my exam Saturday morning guys! :smalleek:

Supagoof
2007-09-21, 10:01 PM
Good Luck on your Exam ER! Remember, look around lots to show your paying attention, and keep the passenger at ease.

As for Ren Fest tomorrow, I won't be able to make it. Helping a friend move. We might go Sunday, but I'm guessing you'll be back towards ND by that point.

And PGCoD - We can probably arrange a meet up. Send me a PM if your interested.

Gotta run though - Tink want's use the PC.

EmeraldRose
2007-09-22, 06:45 AM
Good Luck on your Exam ER! Remember, look around lots to show your paying attention, and keep the passenger at ease.

As for Ren Fest tomorrow, I won't be able to make it. Helping a friend move. We might go Sunday, but I'm guessing you'll be back towards ND by that point.

And PGCoD - We can probably arrange a meet up. Send me a PM if your interested.

Gotta run though - Tink want's use the PC.

:smallwink: Thanks for the tip, Goof, but it's my Social Work licensing exam. I'm guessing looking around to show I'm paying attention may not be the best route to go.

I'm on my way now, just attempting to relax a little and wake up some more before hand. :smalleek:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-09-23, 12:12 AM
You know, I was just at the Chatterbox today... and I didn't know the meet up date in Dec otherwise I would have booked the room already.

As you can tell, I'm excited. :smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2007-10-21, 07:42 PM
*shamelessly rescues the thread from the thread graveyard*

(It was almost a goner! :smalleek: )

Any new ideas or dates in mind for the December meet-up?

Andre Fairchilde
2007-10-21, 08:06 PM
Ideas? YES!

And it rhymes with "Trip Lub"

EmeraldRose
2007-10-21, 10:04 PM
*smacks Andre*

No. Bad Andre. :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2007-11-27, 03:53 PM
Hmm, thread necromancy or create another just like it
thread necromancy or create another just like it

In an attempt to save the kilobyte of space it takes to create a new thread, I choose thread necromancy.

Anyway, just seeing if we were still planning on holding the December get together. I had chatterbox on the line, and they still had the 15th open for their large game room. Just wanted to make sure we still had enough interest out there (besides Andre, Em, and I) to warrant holding the space?

I'll bring Rock Band.....

Also open to doing something post holiday US frenzy, like a weekend in January. Sure it's cold and not as many travel, but do you realize how many less people there are on the roads during that month? (Mostly due to the ice, but whatever.....)

Alarra
2007-11-27, 04:47 PM
It was my intention to be there. Admittedly, I haven't quite figured out airlines and the like yet....but I had plans to be there....and am trying to figure out if I can drag a troll with me. *wonders if he'll fit in my suitcase*

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-27, 05:08 PM
Hmm, thread necromancy or create another just like it

In an attempt to save the kilobyte of space it takes to create a new thread, I choose thread necromancy.
Actually, you're a week on the good side of the one-and-a-half month limit for the thread necromancy label. :smallwink:

adanedhel9
2007-11-27, 07:25 PM
I can probably make that.

Actually, you're a week on the good side of the one-and-a-half month limit for the thread necromancy label. :smallwink:

Good to know; but are you coming? :smallbiggrin:

EmeraldRose
2007-11-27, 07:28 PM
I second that question! Who all's coming?

I've heard Shadow may put in an appearance as well. Any idea if Zergling can make it?

The Orange Zergling
2007-11-27, 07:31 PM
I might, I don't *think* I have any plans for the 15th. I'll try to make a diplomacy check with my parents.

EmeraldRose
2007-11-27, 07:34 PM
Cool! We can synergize your role for a +2. :smallwink:

The Orange Zergling
2007-11-27, 07:51 PM
Looks like the +2 helped. :smalltongue: Mustn't forget the circumstance bonus for me coming back without burns, cuts, bruises, and not being headless last time 'round.

So I think I can come. The 15th should be okay. :smallbiggrin:

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-11-27, 08:13 PM
Good to know; but are you coming? :smallbiggrin:
Don't know.

Wasn't planning on it originally. And have some family stuff going on around then. And above all, not sure if it's in the budget.

Probably can't say for sure until about a week before the actual event.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-27, 09:29 PM
It was my intention to be there. Admittedly, I haven't quite figured out airlines and the like yet....but I had plans to be there....and am trying to figure out if I can drag a troll with me. *wonders if he'll fit in my suitcase*

Ride out on the back of his motorcycle?

Alarra
2007-11-27, 10:36 PM
Ride out on the back of his motorcycle?

But is cooooold.

Supagoof
2007-11-28, 10:55 AM
It's not cold. You just live where it's too warm!

Shall we say the 15th at 1pm again then?

The Orange Zergling
2007-11-28, 01:36 PM
Agreed. I wish we got more snow, though. Last few years it's just been cold.

That'd be fine for me.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-28, 05:24 PM
Time should be fine.

We'll probably be bringing some of ER's family as well, as they'll be up visiting for Christmas.

Zeb The Troll
2007-11-28, 06:54 PM
*tries to fit into 'larra's suitcase*

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-28, 07:08 PM
It might be easier to fit Alarra into *your* suitcase.

Don't tell me you don't have a green duffel bag (or two) around somewhere your old uniforms....

Zeb The Troll
2007-11-28, 07:14 PM
Long story, but no. I have hardly any of my military paraphernalia anymore. She's the one with the large suitcases and the family that works for an airline. :smallwink:

EmeraldRose
2007-11-28, 07:27 PM
*pictures Alarra trying to get Zeb-filled luggage past the security booth in the airport*

:smallbiggrin:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-29, 10:23 AM
Long story, but no. I have hardly any of my military paraphernalia anymore. She's the one with the large suitcases and the family that works for an airline. :smallwink:

Ah. So the 'fix is in' then.

Ok, we'll see you here.

Supagoof
2007-11-30, 11:07 AM
Chatterbox room is reserved - there was one caveot though. Due to me not being able to nail down a specific amount of people (I told them 10-15ish) they may "boot" us from the room if a larger group decides to reserve the time (like 20+). If they do, they'll set us up with a space in the bar area to play our games etc, but that's an if someone with a larger group calls. I don't think it'll come to that, but will keep you posted.

Also, they have a group coming in at 5:30, so we have to be done at 5. We can probably figure out someplace to head from there during the day pending.

I also had a thought, since "Kubb" was brought to most of the meetups during the summar months. If we have snow (we're expecting a foot of it this weekend YAY!), maybe we can play a verson of snow Kubb. Either that, or make snowmen based on Giantitp characters.... Just some other fun thoughts for the day to circle about in your heads.

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-30, 11:15 AM
My in-laws will almost certainly be here - and two of them are gamers, so they'll fit in with the group. I ran them in a D&D game on the Gamma page.

So, go ahead and tell the Chatterbox we are expecting 20 people.

Supagoof
2007-11-30, 11:21 AM
Hmm...maybe should get a true count rather then an approximation then.

Alarra - ?
Zeb the Troll - ?
Adanehel9
the Orange Zergling
Shhalahr Windrider - ?
Andre Fairchilde
Emerald Rose
Supagoof

So 8 really by forum count. Will your inlaws make another 12? (I was thinking they woul be 2-6 extra originally)

Andre Fairchilde
2007-11-30, 11:25 AM
Well, *if* they all come, and it's likely they would our group would be:
Me, ER, William (our son), my Father and Mother-in-law, and 1-2 brother's in-law (depending on who makes the drive).

Oh, and they're not 'stuffy' - her brothers both game and my Mother and Father in law are cool.

So, I'd like to project 7.

Shadow
2007-11-30, 11:25 AM
Whoohoo!

Just like normal!
We just booked a Christmas Party for 85 people on....

*drumroll*

The 15th!
Looks like I won't be able to get the weekend off after all.

:frown:

Alarra
2007-11-30, 11:59 AM
awww.......... Hey, what're you doing on the 14th? Zebbie and I may be in Chicago.....maybe, possibly, depending on how things turn out.

Shadow
2007-11-30, 12:07 PM
I'll probably be working, but I could possibly get the night off.
We don't have anything special going on that night that I'm aware of.

Let me know.

The Orange Zergling
2007-11-30, 02:05 PM
Also, they have a group coming in at 5:30, so we have to be done at 5. We can probably figure out someplace to head from there during the day pending.

I'll probably end up leaving at 5 again, because me and my parents are paranoid.

Thes Hunter
2007-11-30, 03:16 PM
Hrmmmpph!

Trog and I will likely be traveling through Chi-Town on Friday the 14th.

At this point it is likely be by car.....

So us making a stop in Chicago is a possibility but it would be late.

Sorry we won't be in Minnesota. =[

EmeraldRose
2007-12-01, 10:43 AM
WOO! Snow has begun! If it actually stays this time, (and we get what they're projecting...) Snow Kubb would be a blast! We have a very large backyard that would be perfect!!

Also, my two brothers are technically on the boards. They lurk from time to time. :smalltongue:

Supagoof
2007-12-03, 12:50 PM
WOO! Snow has begun! If it actually stays this time, (and we get what they're projecting...) Snow Kubb would be a blast! We have a very large backyard that would be perfect!!

Also, my two brothers are technically on the boards. They lurk from time to time. :smalltongue:

Shhhh! We want Alarra and Zeb to come! Don't mention the sno...er uh winter ground coverage.

Streets are clear Alarra, Zeb, so it's fine for travel. I even saw someone out on their motorcycle today. True story.

We have our share of crazy people. *Looks at Andre and ER :smallwink: *Then again, we do have those who ride their snowmobiles on lakes....in the summertime!

Shadow
2007-12-03, 12:57 PM
We had some great weather here in Chicago on Saturday too.
First it snowed.
Then it snowed some more.
Then the snow turned into sleet as it warmed up a little.
Then it turned into rain.
Then it got dark and everything froze over.

Seriously.
Everything.

I had to get a blowtorch from one of the sushi guys to even get my keys into my car door.

But today it's gorgeous!

Tormsskull
2007-12-03, 01:44 PM
Hmmmm:

Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 10 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 697.61 miles

That's a bit out of range for me :smalltongue:.

We should totally plan a meet-up in Michigan sometime. There are a lot of fun things to do here. Promise!

Zeful
2007-12-03, 05:49 PM
Hello guys, the next meet-up is on Dec 15th? So next Saturday right? I'm just trying to be clear because I don't think it was specified too well.

Anyway I'll be there unless something happens. Also what's the price of the game room, I want to chip in (it'll be more of a reimbursement though,) and should we co-ordinate out bringing of stuff? I have a SNES at home with a couple of two player games, (Mario Kart, Donkey Kong country the MArio bros. series)

Zeb The Troll
2007-12-03, 06:34 PM
Shhhh! We want Alarra and Zeb to come! Don't mention the sno...er uh winter ground coverage.

Streets are clear Alarra, Zeb, so it's fine for travel. I even saw someone out on their motorcycle today. True story.

We have our share of crazy people. *Looks at Andre and ER :smallwink: *Then again, we do have those who ride their snowmobiles on lakes....in the summertime!I was born in Denver and she was born in South Dakota. Snow doesn't scare us. :smallcool:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-03, 10:44 PM
We had some great weather here in Chicago on Saturday too.
First it snowed.
Then it snowed some more.
Then the snow turned into sleet as it warmed up a little.
Then it turned into rain.
Then it got dark and everything froze over.

Seriously.
Everything.

I had to get a blowtorch from one of the sushi guys to even get my keys into my car door.

But today it's gorgeous!

To open my car door I usually just p- er.... never mind.

Zeb The Troll
2007-12-04, 12:41 AM
Okey dokey. Alarra and I have just purchased our plane tickets. I think we're going to rent a car for the weekend so won't likely need a pickup at the airport (she has old college buddies in the area she wants to visit) but we could use a couple more details settled.

First and foremost - does anyone have a spare couch/hide-a-bed/corner of floor we can crash on Friday and Saturday night?

Second - where the heck are we going once we get there? (Again, she went to undergrad in Minneapolis so she's a bit more familiar with the lay of the land).

And finally (for now) would anyone like to be the designated point of contact and PM us ('us' being anyone who's coming and doesn't have it already) your cell phone numbers? I'll respond with ours so that you'll know who's calling looking for directions that we forgot to print out before we left. :smallcool:

Shadow
2007-12-04, 12:43 AM
Damn you and your feeble airline ticket purchasing practices!

*shakes fist*

Had you not waited that 10 minutes we could have hung out Friday night!

*shakes fist again*

Thes Hunter
2007-12-04, 12:45 AM
Hmmmm:

Total Est. Time: 11 hours, 10 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 697.61 miles

That's a bit out of range for me :smalltongue:.

We should totally plan a meet-up in Michigan sometime. There are a lot of fun things to do here. Promise!

Funny thing.... me and Trog will be in Michigan during the Meetup. :smallwink:

But I don't think we will have time to hang, since it's basically:
Fly into Metro, make cookies, sleep
Decorate cookies, wrap presents fall into sugar coma with family
Get up, make food, visit family, rush off back to Metro.

So yeah, not much time.

But we will be in the Cities, on Friday... for an hour. :smallwink:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-04, 12:45 AM
Okey dokey. Alarra and I have just purchased our plane tickets. I think we're going to rent a car for the weekend so won't likely need a pickup at the airport (she has old college buddies in the area she wants to visit) but we could use a couple more details settled.

First and foremost - does anyone have a spare couch/hide-a-bed/corner of floor we can crash on Friday and Saturday night?

Second - where the heck are we going once we get there? (Again, she went to undergrad in Minneapolis so she's a bit more familiar with the lay of the land).

And finally (for now) would anyone like to be the designated point of contact and PM us ('us' being anyone who's coming and doesn't have it already) your cell phone numbers? I'll respond with ours so that you'll know who's calling looking for directions that we forgot to print out before we left. :smallcool:

I've got your back. I'll PM you and Alarra my number.

Zeb The Troll
2007-12-04, 01:27 AM
Damn you and your feeble airline ticket purchasing practices!

*shakes fist*

Had you not waited that 10 minutes we could have hung out Friday night!

*shakes fist again*Aye, Shadow, we tried really hard to have a prolonged Chicago layover. I'm guessing you chatted with Alarra about it? We're still passing through, but we're only going to be there for like an hour. :smallannoyed:

Andre Fairchilde
2007-12-04, 08:32 AM
An hour is more than enough to see all the best parts of Chicago :smallwink: ; but not nearly enough time to see Shadow :smalleek:

Zeb The Troll
2007-12-04, 08:41 AM
An hour is more than enough to see all the best parts of Chicago :smallwink: ; but not nearly enough time to see Shadow :smalleek:Heh. Since we have to change planes there, and who knows how many gates we'll have to traverse to get from one to the other, I concur. However, Shadow, if you find yourself near the United concourse roundabout 9am and would like to wave at us from across the security point...

Meh, who'm I kiddin'? My luck is we'll have to go from Gate 2 to Gate 92 in that hour we're on the ground. Minus the time it takes to actually get off of the first plane. And we'd probably actually need to start boarding the next one at 9:40 or so.

Maybe we can arrange to throw a Kubb at you on the way by and then we can call it an official meetup and you can sport the Order of the Kubb badge. :smallcool:

Thes Hunter
2007-12-04, 08:54 AM
Hey 'Larra and Zed,

when does your flight get into the cities? It probably isn't near noon on Friday is it?

Just asking because then we could have a little mini meetup in the airport. :smallbiggrin: