PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Templates and Feat Progression

kalasulmar
2015-10-14, 11:32 PM
Let's say you have a Rogue/Fighter character about to advance to 15th level. Instead of taking a class level he gets the option to get a version of the Shadow Walker template from FR Unapproachable East. Am I right by not giving him the feat he would normally get at 15th or am I jobbing him?

DedWards
2015-10-15, 01:12 AM
I haven't read the template, but I am working on a campaign where all the players start with a template. Because of the bonuses from the template, I'm ruling the the template acts like a class, with the number of 'class' levels based on the CR of the template. What I mean by this is, instead of gaining normal class levels, they get the template, as if multi classing. So I can suggest something similar, make him delay gaining level(s), and thus the feat, to gain the bonuses from the template.

OldTrees1
2015-10-15, 01:27 AM
Feats/BAB/Hp/Skill points are all tied to HD. Templates only advance those in the rare cases where they also advance HD(ex: Werewolf added wolf RHD in 3.5).

kalasulmar
2015-10-15, 09:13 AM
Looks like he's in for some retraining to make sure he gets in the last couple of feats he wants, then. Thanks for the help.