PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Taking Overchannel as a 1st level Wilder

EisenKreutzer
2015-10-15, 10:51 AM
Is taking Overchannel as a 1st level Wilder worth it?

The character has 16 Con, so Overchannel could possibly take out a huge chunk of their hit points, but the added ML seems very strong.

Snowbluff
2015-10-15, 10:57 AM
It depends on what powers you have. Probably not, because it would also cost more PP to use the extra ML.

stack
2015-10-15, 12:11 PM
"She cannot use the Overchannel psionic feat and invoke her wild surge at the same time."

Why would you? Are you taking free surge instead of one of the better ones with a milder enervation, or are you really worried about lost PP on an enervation?

EisenKreutzer
2015-10-15, 12:30 PM
"She cannot use the Overchannel psionic feat and invoke her wild surge at the same time."

Why would you? Are you taking free surge instead of one of the better ones with a milder enervation, or are you really worried about lost PP on an enervation?

I missed that line. I think I'll change out the Feat for something better. Most likely Extra Power Known.

Tulya
2015-10-16, 10:29 PM
Since we're talking DSP, there was a feat (Biokinetic Feedback) in the Psionics Augmented: Wilder supplement (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MNi5t-xa09LtXP8A9BmtAkB54MPq07_S3DetboWR4iE/edit?pli=1) that let you stack Overchannel and Surge.

I don't know if it made it to the actual printing, though. And at 3 feats to get the ball rolling, this is obviously not coming online at 1st level, though Mental Equilibrium is a reasonable investment on its own merits.