PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [3.5] MBEG Advice

Thurbane
2015-10-15, 09:35 PM
So, say you've got a Tainted Raver Karsite, with 9 character levels:

Human Traits, +4 Str, +6 Con, -6 Wis, +8 Cha, DR 5/magic, SR 19, Magic Draining Attacks, Spell Healing, Spellcasting Inability, Fast Healing 3, Madness, Perpetual Rage.

How do you make this character a decent (or even viable) threat for his CR?

Assume he'll have a few CR 4 or 5 cronies with him to help with action economy. He'll also have NPC WBL to play with (ECL 11).

It's hard to make good use of a +8 Cha when you can't cast spells. I'm thinking Binder or Warlock?

All input welcome.

Cheers - T

TheifofZ
2015-10-15, 10:37 PM
Warlock is iffy, and doesn't technically need Cha at all.
Binder wouldn't be bad, and neither would going Bard and trading off spellcasting for an ACF.
Marshal also would be not-terrible. ... It's Marshal, though.

Could also do an Intimidate built Fighter; there are a few feat chains that require high Cha to make decent.

FocusWolf413
2015-10-15, 10:53 PM
Evil paladin/crusader?
Totemist/other soulmeld user?

Thurbane
2015-10-16, 05:36 PM
I'm not that familiar with Soul Melds, so probably not using them.

I think maybe Binder or Binder/KotSS will be my best option.

Elder_Basilisk
2015-10-16, 05:43 PM
Two levels of hexblade give cha as a bonus to saves vs spells and don't hurt BAB progression if you don't want to mess with blackguard or evil paladin variants.

Thurbane
2015-10-16, 07:42 PM
Would a melee based build be sufficiently challenging?

I have used a 1/2 Fiend Hobgoblin Hexblade/Paladin of Tyranny/Fighter as a MBEG previously in this campaign, so trying not to go too close to the same build...

TheifofZ
2015-10-16, 07:53 PM
Give it a Belt of Battle for the extra Standard actions, use fear escalation via intimidate, and maybe Frightful Presence if you can fit it in there. Tack on some kind of fear-via-attack as well, (Death Master and Eviscerator spring to mind, but require that the creature be Undead, and benefit from a crit build), and include a couple weenies to follow up/combo with him.

Thurbane
2015-11-04, 03:20 AM
OK, so the build stub I have so far is as follows:

Tainted Raver Karsite Crusader 9
Str 14 (18) Dex 14 Con 18 (22) Int 10 Wis 2 Cha 18
Feats: Dodge, Evil's Blessing*, Elusive Target, Improved Critical (falchion), Mobility, Vile Martial Strike (falchion)*, Weapon Focus (falchion)
Skill points: 60

...so, looking for advice on maneuvers and stances, how to spend the skill points, and also on gear (I don't want any ludicrously overpowered gear, as the party is likely to end up with it once he's defeated).

Also, thinking of dumping 2 levels of Crusader for Fighter, to free up some feats, maybe pick up Knowledge Devotion and Power Attack.

Also, I hate Dodge as a feat, but as a req of Elusive Target (which is a must have), I don't think I could use any of the feats that replace Dodge?