PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon/Artificer Boomstick Shenanigans

g3taso
2015-10-15, 10:28 PM
Using Easy Metamagic (Chain Spell), I modify my minor schema of Concurrent Infusions via Metamagic Scroll (twice to apply Reach and Chain) to apply that effect to [14] spell storing items at 13th level . So now I make myself a nice pile of 14 Dalamar's Lightning Lance (2 bolts at 13th level, each doing 13d6 damage) spell storing items for no cost. Using a chained Awaken From Afar spell, I activate them all at once and target for 364d6 damage. Profit!

And that's not even getting into Concurrent Infusions allowing 42 spell storing items at 13th level once we remove the touch range as above. It's expensive having multiple Concurrent Infusions, Metamagic Item and Metamagic Scroll schema around, but well worth it on occasion.

BTW Concurrent Infusions is completely awesome. The instantaneous duration means my spell storing items don't have durations. It's nice to be able to have Panacea, Remove Curse and Cure Wounds spells around when they are needed.

Teravel
2016-04-23, 11:33 AM
So now I make myself a nice pile of 14 Dalamar's Lightning Lance spell storing items for no cost.

The instantaneous duration means my spell storing items don't have durations.

If you read the spell 'Concurrent Infusions', you will see it states the following:

The infusions function exactly as if you had cast them on the object, and do not count against your daily allotment.

If you use Concurrent Infusion to cast Spell Storing Item, you must pay the XP cost, and the spells duration is based on Spell Storing Item (Not Concurrent Infusions). Since you cannot pay the XP cost (due to casting through a Schema), you wouldn't be able to cast Spell Storing Item.