PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind - Outlaw, Bounty and Reputation

Dib
2007-05-23, 05:19 AM
Hey all... I've been playing a bratty goody-two-shoes argonian Ninja for 20 levels and came across a bunch of glass armour and weaponry I couldn't pass up...

A short while later... I'm just East of Ald-Ruhn covered in a mix of Glass and Dark Brotherhood armour and weapons and swatting Clannfear aside like nothing else...

I then ran into an Orc who is scared of me and knows me as the 'notorious outlaw'... So I checked... and my Bounty is 58640... erm, yeah... why? Sure people are pissed with me... and my reputation is 0! WTF!! Surely if people I've never met have heard of me and are scared than I've gotta have a bit more reputation than that!

So my questions... how do I get more rep? how do I increase my Bounty? Where's more good stuff I can nab?

cheers :smallsmile:

Lord Herman
2007-05-23, 05:32 AM
If I'm not mistaken, you gain reputation by completing quests - especially the main quest, guild quests and house quests.

As for your bounty - you can increase that by letting people see you stealing stuff and killing people. Just committing crimes isn't enough, IIRC - people have to see you do it.

Good stealable stuff... you can find lots of glass stuff in the ghostgate. You can also find expensive stuff in manors of rich people, and in the main buildings of great houses (Redoran has some pretty expensive stuff, I think).

Dib
2007-05-23, 05:38 AM
Woohoo! Cheers :smallbiggrin:

Om
2007-05-23, 05:39 AM
You want to increase your bounty? That will cause trouble as soon as you come within spitting distance of a city or town. If you want to remove it then talk to Sugar-Lips (?) in the Balmora thieves guild.

gooddragon1
2007-05-23, 06:18 AM
If you want to rule the world...Alchemy.

Go to balmora
Steal Grandmasters Mortar/Pestle and some other stuff

Buy low costing ingredients that mix together to create any effect (could even be a bad effect).

Become level 100 in alchemy

Buy netch leather from temple and I think bloat or something that gives fortify intelligence from white haven

start mixing

drink 10 make 10 more

etc

10000000 int score

and then do some other stuff like making a potion of restor mana health and fatigue as well as reflect 100+% probably some other stuff but after that the game is over.

To make this faster: buy 5 kwama cuttle and 5 eggs then sell them back
adhirranir now holds 10 and 10 do this up to 50 or w/e. Works on lots of items.

the_tick_rules
2007-05-23, 12:12 PM
rep is through quests, have you been freelancing all this time, bounty is through getting caught doing illegal stuff, as for good stuff there's too much of it to describe here.

Raven T.
2007-05-23, 12:38 PM
I'm going to assume you haven't done much, if any, of the main quest. If that's so, don't go around killing indiscriminately. There are several plot-centric characters if you intend to actually DO the plot.

All that aside, zip on down to Vivec with a way to open high level locks and break into the Great House Vaults for good stuff. As mentioned, people in Ghostgate have some good stuff and, if you REALLY don't want to do the main quest, head to Tel Fyr and kill the head wizard there for a full suit of Daedric armor (the only way you can get it outside of Bloodmoon and Tribunal.)

Other than that, merrily hack and slash your way through the game. Most random NPCs outside of towns mean nothing, at your level, random loot from caves will be good, there's all the Daedric shrines to do if you haven't, Sixth House bases, the Propylon Chambers... *continues rambling*

Daze
2007-05-23, 06:32 PM
Yeah, if you have no rep that means you haven't done any official quests (main, guild, house)...

For your character, might I suggest the thieves guild? You can get your start in Balmora and the bartender gives you a nice break on paying off your bounty.

Running around with an active bounty kinda sucks, makes city travelling a big hassle.

If you want a complete suit of Glass, go to ghostgate... a complete suit of ebony can be found in the vivec vaults. (Also on Gaynor in Tribunal)

ocato
2007-05-23, 07:41 PM
This may bug you to hear, but if you haven't gotten the expansion(s) you can drop all your money, talk to the thieves guild, and get a free wipe of your bounty.

As for Reputation, theres a few ways to get it. My favorite way to get rep is to kill important people. They have the shiniest of shinies.

Negative rep, that is. I mean, I think I recall you can get negative rep.

Daze
2007-05-23, 08:01 PM
Negative rep, that is. I mean, I think I recall you can get negative rep.

Yup, infamy...