PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pepper Bomb

ThinkMinty
2015-10-16, 01:37 PM
Two versions of a spell I thought of involving throwing a spicy pepper at someone, based on Snowball (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/snowball).

Pepper Bomb (Illusion)
School: Illusion [fire]
Level: Druid 1, Magus 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1, Summoner 1, Witch 1
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Components: V, S
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: one exploding pepper
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will, Partial (See Text)
Spell Resistance: No
Description: You create the illusion of a bright, red pepper that you can throw at a single target as a ranged touch attack. The pepper deals 1d8 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 5d8) on a successful hit, and the target must make a successful Will saving throw or be sickened for 1 round.

---

Pepper Bomb (Transmutation)
School: Transmutation [fire]
Level: Alchemist 1, Druid 1, Magus 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1, Summoner 1, Witch 1
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Components: S, M (one pepper)
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: one exploding pepper
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex, Partial (See Text)
Spell Resistance: No
Description: You bring out the eye-searing potential within one pepper that you can throw at a single target as a ranged touch attack. The pepper deals 1d6 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 5d6) on a successful hit, and the target must make a successful Reflex saving throw or be sickened for 1 round.

Ethereal Gears
2015-10-16, 02:30 PM
This is awesome, although not to sound dismissive I feel like the illusion version is a bit redundant. I also think the transmutation one is, no pun intended, literally bursting with flavor, while the illusion one seems mostly...odd!

But that's beside the point. Now we just have to make a gastromancer base class and about fifty more of these spells, yes? YES?! :D

Cheers,
- Gears