PDA

View Full Version : Lunar

Death Giant
2007-05-23, 07:50 AM
Have any of you played Lunar? Dude that game is freggin awsome! It is the best RPG game evar!

Matthew
2007-05-31, 08:27 PM
Okay, I'll bite. What's Lunar?

Deme
2007-05-31, 08:31 PM
...That's a fairly vague questions. There are, as far as my knowledge, a few games in a series whose games are usually titled Lunar: (insert secondary title here). Those are, as a general rule, pretty good games. except maybe for Dragon Song, which I thought fell a little weak. Those are all video games though, and belong in a different section.
...so...unless you're talking about a table-top RPG with the name Lunar, I think this thread's in the wrong place.

Indon
2007-05-31, 09:35 PM
I prefer Solar and Sidereal, myself. Even Terrestrial isn't that bad.

Fako
2007-05-31, 09:39 PM
I prefer Solar and Sidereal, myself. Even Terrestrial isn't that bad.

If you and I are right Indon, the OP is referring to a D10 system called "Exalted". It's a bit more cinematic than DnD, and the level up system is looser. It's fun. Made by White Wolf if I remember right >_>...

I personally use Solars, as they make more sense to me. But I have a friend who swears by Melee Lunars with maxxed DBT (shapechanging).

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-05-31, 09:54 PM
There was also a video game out for the consols called Lunar, the PS version being called 'Lunar: Complete' or something like that. Had a main character with an occarina in his inventory you couldn't ever get out of his inventory for the whole damn game (restricting further the number of items he could have) until the very end of the game, when it finally had a use.

It also had a crossdressing drunking swordsman. One of his moves, and to this day it must be the funniest name for a move, was called 'Release the Weasles"

Deme
2007-05-31, 10:09 PM
There was also a video game out for the consols called Lunar, the PS version being called 'Lunar: Complete' or something like that. Had a main character with an occarina in his inventory you couldn't ever get out of his inventory for the whole damn game (restricting further the number of items he could have) until the very end of the game, when it finally had a use.

It also had a crossdressing drunking swordsman. One of his moves, and to this day it must be the funniest name for a move, was called 'Release the Weasles"

I was reffering to that game in my post. I loved Kyle(the swordsman), as a side note.

Ravyn
2007-06-01, 12:20 AM
If we're talking about the charming shapeshifters everyone loves to call broken (one way or another) they're one of the few things that improved with 2E; I still need to finish retroadapting the changes to the rewrites we had been working on last winter. Shapeshifting and melee is all very well, but in my opinion the most entertaining thing to do is a scenelong Running Through the Herd upgrade combined with repeated uses of Pack-Saving Method. Just imagine: pair of Abyssals vs. pack of Lunars. Abyssal #1 steps in, smirks, and kicks in Hundred Razor Circle while his partner stays just out of the three yard death radius--and at the end of the attack the Lunars are completely intact and smirking, Abyssal #2's on the ground bleeding, and #1's wiping his buddy's blood off his daiklave and wondering what in Creation just happened.

Level system? Who needs levels? Give me a good point-buy anyday...

But I digress. Anyway, if we're talking them, they're on my to-do list (I'm a Sid partisan, myself). If we're talking the video game, though, you're in the wrong forum.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-01, 12:35 AM
I think the OP was confused about what goes in this section, and was posting about Lunar the video game, as suggested above

Lunar, for those who don't know, is a series of Japanese console RPGs by Game Arts, largely overshadowed by best-seller RPGs from Square and/or Enix. The series features four original games and three remakes, the two best-known (and first two produced) being Lunar: The Silver Star (for Sega CD) and Lunar: Eternal Blue (for Sega Saturn), both of which featured in PlayStation remakes that are the only games in the series I actually played. The series is best known for its pioneering in early voice acting, music, and FMV, and for its astoundingly good English localization by Working Designs. For more details, check this out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_series).

Anyway, I'll see if this gets moved to Gaming (Other Games). The Lunar series needs more love.

Deel
2007-06-01, 12:39 AM
Yeah, as much as I love Lunar(Silver Star Story being in my top 3 RPGs of all time list), this is in the wrong section. I will agree that it does indeed need more love, and better sequels(Eternal Blue was great too, but Dragon Song... bleh.)