PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 'hero' party

ZeroSpace9000
2015-10-16, 08:19 PM
So, my players are working through Way of the Wicked, presently managing a dungeon whilst summoning a daemon. They're fending off heroes arriving to do the hero thing. I'm making one group from scratch, who basically embody weird player builds. The one I've done; a dwarven witch/magus who fights with his beard.
I need help filling out this party. Need 2-3 more 'heroes' gestalt CR 8-9. Ideas are good, build skeletons are better.
Also, sorry for bad phrasing, mobile post.

AngelOfFaith
2015-10-16, 08:39 PM
Make a Drunken Master (CW) monk who is so drunk he mistakenly always uses martial weapons. Or are they supposed to pose a threat to the player party?

Also make a guy who is really good at using thrown weapons, make him large and give him Leadership so that he always has a bunch of gnomes with him to throw at the players. As a bonus if the projectiles survive the impact, they serve as mobile difficult terrain.

legomaster00156
2015-10-16, 08:43 PM
A Counter-Summoner if your party is big on conjuration. No actual PC's ever take the archetype.

ZeroSpace9000
2015-10-16, 09:25 PM
Should have stated earlier, this is pathfinder only, so no 3.5 stuff please.
Also, I would prefer ideas/stubs be fairly potent. The party is fairly potent; I don't want to lose too much power for the sake of style.

legomaster00156
2015-10-16, 09:39 PM
Should have stated earlier, this is pathfinder only, so no 3.5 stuff please.
Also, I would prefer ideas/stubs be fairly potent. The party is fairly potent; I don't want to lose too much power for the sake of style.
I'll clarify. The Counter-Summoner (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/paizo---summoner-archetypes/counter-summoner-summoner-archetype) is a fantastic antimage to counter conjurers. They get to, as an immediate action, say "no" to summoning. At the same time, they keep a powerful Eidolon beside them and still get 6-level Summoner casting. It's a good archetype, it's just too specialized for most parties.

ZeroSpace9000
2015-10-16, 10:37 PM
I'll clarify. The Counter-Summoner (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/paizo---summoner-archetypes/counter-summoner-summoner-archetype) is a fantastic antimage to counter conjurers. They get to, as an immediate action, say "no" to summoning. At the same time, they keep a powerful Eidolon beside them and still get 6-level Summoner casting. It's a good archetype, it's just too specialized for most parties.

That was more directed at the previous poster, as they offered a drunken master (which is 3.5) which used proper, non-improvised weapons. That particular idea just hamstrung itself too badly to be workable.

As for the counter-summoner, no one in the group is a notable conjurer. I've got a scarred witch doctor/barbarian, and an antipaladin/Oracle. None of their followers have any meaningful spellcasting. Not saying your idea was weak. Just that it's not really relevant.

Azoth
2015-10-17, 12:46 AM
Is Dreamscarred Press material allowed?

ZeroSpace9000
2015-10-17, 01:39 AM
I haven't explicitly blocked it. If the idea is cool enough, I'll definitely let it in.

Azoth
2015-10-17, 02:36 AM
A fun build I ran was a Warder who Traditioned into the Empyreal Guardians. His main discipline's were Iron Tortoise and Silver Crane so he wouldn't go down easy. Eventually, he carved out a part of his soul and put it into his shield. He also dumped so much WBL into his shield that he couldn't win a Will save against its Ego Score and eventually just became a husk that his shield controlled like a puppet.

Since this is Gestalt, you could combo it with Harbinger (nice Int synergy and increased mobility). Have him be a Zweihander Sentinel archetype. Use a trait (Unorthodox Method) to nab Silver Crane. Have him Tradition into the Reverents of the Lance (Gain Piercing Thunder). Now have him have carved his goodness into his shield and his real self into his spear. Watch the party kill him and then realize all to late that just killing him isn't enough as his will seeks to control those who touch his weapon(anger/sorrow)/shield(goodness/mercy).