PDA

View Full Version : Spells to Optimize Fighter DPS

g3taso
2015-10-17, 09:26 AM
I'm working on buffing out the fighters in our party for delicious amounts of damage per round inflicted, and I was looking at optimizing Greater Mighty Wallop. I hoped Ice Axe for 12d6 of damage or more, but Ice Axe is just cold damage. Spiritual weapon sucks also. Is there a spell that creates some sort of bludgeoning weapon that I can pair with wallop, or should I just have them carry a mace? Alternately something like Spiritual Weapon that has higher base damage or better attack bonuses or perhaps hits as a touch attack?

BTW I am already planning on providing the following as buffs (PF spells):
+4 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, Strength checks, and Strength-based skill checks. Whenever you make a full-attack action, you can make an additional attack at your full base attack bonus, plus any appropriate modifiers. This additional attack is not cumulative with similar effects, such as haste or weapons with the speed special ability: Divine Power
+5 bonus on attack rolls to confirm critical hits: Unerring Weapon
+6 competence bonus on Fortitude saving throws and concentration checks: Channel Vigor

Nihilarian
2015-10-17, 09:46 AM
Decastave makes a quarterstaff, Arcane Maul makes a warhammer, Sun Scepter deals bludgeoning damage.

Edit: Decastave and Sun Scepter both say you can't give it away; Arcane Maul says you can't switch it from hand to hand so your DM might not allow that either

Windrammer
2015-10-17, 03:42 PM
I'm working on buffing out the fighters in our party for delicious amounts of damage per round inflicted, and I was looking at optimizing Greater Mighty Wallop. I hoped Ice Axe for 12d6 of damage or more, but Ice Axe is just cold damage. Spiritual weapon sucks also. Is there a spell that creates some sort of bludgeoning weapon that I can pair with wallop, or should I just have them carry a mace? Alternately something like Spiritual Weapon that has higher base damage or better attack bonuses or perhaps hits as a touch attack?

BTW I am already planning on providing the following as buffs (PF spells):
+4 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, Strength checks, and Strength-based skill checks. Whenever you make a full-attack action, you can make an additional attack at your full base attack bonus, plus any appropriate modifiers. This additional attack is not cumulative with similar effects, such as haste or weapons with the speed special ability: Divine Power
+5 bonus on attack rolls to confirm critical hits: Unerring Weapon
+6 competence bonus on Fortitude saving throws and concentration checks: Channel Vigor

I think you can use Girallon's Blessing to wield a two handed weapon with an extra set of arms, which is supposedly supposed to increase your strength output. Opens up a box of potential houserules about power attack and similar things.