PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Egoist Psion in PF-How does it work?

Thealtruistorc
2015-10-17, 09:57 PM
Okay, so for a campaign of mine I plan on introducing a character who is an Egoist Psion who advocates for the philosophy of Egoism (Yes, Max Stirnir's Egoism. I never brought it up in my CE guide because I hadn't read the book at the time of writing).

But puns aside, I was wondering how the egoism discipline works in PF, being stripped of the abilities that made it lord over all the other disciplines in 3.5. Fusion still works, I suppose, as do a lot of buff spells, but what I want to know is how a smart egoist should be played in PF and what powers I should be using. I assume the revised metamorphosis abilities are still situationally useful, and fusion still seems functional, but what else should I incorporate into my game plan?

DrMartin
2015-10-18, 04:30 AM
at what level are you going to introduce this character?

In general though, while the metamorphic transfer toolbox is gone, you do get a lot of toys to play well with others, in the form of the 8th level class ability to share your personal powers with other creatures you touch, so the discipline focus makes you less of an autarchic swiss-army knife and more or a buffer/healer.

Psyren
2015-10-18, 11:54 AM
The nerfed forms of metamorphosis still let you be a swiss army knife for the party's problems - just less so. Most of the 3.5 Psion handbook is still valid so I would say just use that.

DrMartin
2015-10-18, 12:48 PM
Minor Metamorphosis available at level 1 is a real boon actually, having an effect for plus or minus size and several forms of transportation (swim, climb and borrow) packed in a single 1st level power is extremely good