PDA

View Full Version : What are you going to be for Halloween?

Drakeburn
2015-10-17, 11:13 PM
I find it odd that Halloween is coming up in less than 2 weeks, and it doesn't really feel like Halloween at all. Maybe it is just me? Who knows..... :smallconfused:

Anyways, what are you gonna dress up as for Halloween this year?

I'm hoping to get some kind of Star Wars costume so I can wear it to the big night Star Wars Episode 7 comes out.

Crow
2015-10-17, 11:15 PM
The family are going to be dressed like Jedi. I get to be the bad guy though. :) Wearing this (http://www.amazon.com/FMA-Blcak-Protection-Paintball-Templar/dp/B00FTWMB0G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445141724&sr=8-1&keywords=templar+airsoft+mask) for my badass sith mask. :)

Jaxzan Proditor
2015-10-18, 10:24 AM
For me, it hasn't really felt like Halloween because it's been pretty warm recently. I plan on being Dream of the Endless if I can get everything together in time.

Peelee
2015-10-18, 07:54 PM
A Jedi. Finishing up my Master's robe and trying to get my wofe's tunic up and running for Boo at the Zoo this year. Being in the 501st/Rebel Legion helps. Bytheway, OP, PM soon to be inbound!

Traab
2015-10-18, 08:45 PM
Bored. My neighborhood is mostly dead on halloween, and I dont go to parties so dressing up feels sorta silly.

Rockphed
2015-10-18, 08:49 PM
Bored. My neighborhood is mostly dead on halloween, and I dont go to parties so dressing up feels sorta silly.

Dress up and go reverse trick-or-treating. Wander the neighborhood, and bestow gifts upon those who welcome you at their door. Bestow banes upon those who turn you away. Soon they shall know why they fear the night!

Anuan
2015-10-19, 07:49 AM
With a bit of luck/effort, zombie Viking/Rus noble.

Serpentine
2015-10-19, 07:56 AM
Travelling interstate :smallfrown:
If I did have somewhere to go to dress up at, I'm not sure. Maybe my dragon? Or the Fury's been been a while. Or I wouldn't mind doing something with the tusks from my larp half-orc...

Skeppio
2015-10-19, 08:00 AM
No-one and nowhere near me celebrates or even mentions Halloween, so I'll just be dressed as a bored loser, like every other night.

Anuan
2015-10-19, 08:20 AM
No-one and nowhere near me celebrates or even mentions Halloween, so I'll just be dressed as a bored loser, like every other night.

To be fair, hallowe'en isn't really a thing here. I'm just hoping work does something and I get my Norse Coat done.

Fragenstein
2015-10-19, 08:24 AM

That's been a popular costume around here for the past several years. Which is a shame, since Halloween was one of the damn few things I actually managed to get excited about.

Serpentine
2015-10-19, 08:29 AM
Halloween (http://www.weekendnotes.com/melbourne/halloween/) stuff (http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbourne.php?id=40091) on in (http://www.aroundyou.com.au/melbourne/tags/halloween/whats-on) Melbourne (http://lunapark.com.au/x/luna-dark/).
Maaaaan I wish I could go to Luna Dark! (and that doll one, what?)
I wonder if I can get away with going to a bar that does good stuff around Halloween the same night as I'll have to get a 5am train...

Hey Drakeburn, I don't suppose our best past costumes would be applicable here? I wouldn't mind seeing some.

Amazon
2015-10-19, 11:19 AM
If I'm lazy, a death costume, since I have a plastic scythe around here somewhere.

But I really want to go as a famale Jack the Ripper or as a zombie Joan of Arc.

Alent
2015-10-19, 11:43 AM
I'm not going to be doing Halloween, it's just too risky to Trick or Treat in Southern Colorado.

Bulldog Psion
2015-10-19, 12:02 PM
I'm going to be dressed as "a guy struggling to get together some money while depressed and bitter and angry," a costume I have a lot of experience getting juuuuuust right. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll be practically indistinguishable from the real thing, even down to a molecular level.

Now that's a Halloween costume!

Amazon
2015-10-19, 12:50 PM
I'm going to be dressed as "a guy struggling to get together some money while depressed and bitter and angry," a costume I have a lot of experience getting juuuuuust right. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll be practically indistinguishable from the real thing, even down to a molecular level.

Now that's a Halloween costume!

But the point of halloween is for you to be something other than yourself.

Peelee
2015-10-19, 04:20 PM
But the point of halloween is for you to be something other than yourself.

He should dress as some sort of pet. Maybe a British variety of dog. Oooo! Who also has magic powers!

Actually, that would be really cool.

Blackhawk748
2015-10-19, 05:04 PM
Im going as "Realistic" Link. Realistic in that i will actually be wearing armor, im my case leather. Basically ill be wearing my normal Elf Larp costume, but with the Master Sword, Hylean Shield and Links hat. Gonna go do some bar hopping, won 75 bucks last year.

Drakeburn
2015-10-19, 05:53 PM
Hey Drakeburn, I don't suppose our best past costumes would be applicable here? I wouldn't mind seeing some.

*Shrugs*

I don't see why not, so go ahead.

Jormengand
2015-10-19, 06:28 PM
I will be shaped like myself, I will be as broad as I have breadth, and just as high as I am; I will move with my own organs and live by that which nourishes me.

Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference.

YossarianLives
2015-10-19, 10:53 PM
I'm going as Skeletor. Yes, I'm a fan of Skeletor, why do you ask?

Rain Dragon
2015-10-19, 11:00 PM
Well, the same as every other Saturday. I work Saturdays.
:smallfrown:

Dire Moose
2015-10-20, 12:00 AM
I'm thinking a mad scientist at this point, though I'll still have to get the supplies for it.

...yes, those of you who have been following my posts here lately know what I secretly want to go as, but it's still way too soon for that and I'm probably going to be accompanying younger cousins trick-or-treating and that would get awkward fast.

Kid Jake
2015-10-20, 12:12 AM
I figure I'll dress up a little when I take my niece trick-or-treating, my current plan is to cut a hole into the stomach of a Winnie the Pooh doll large enough for my shoe to fit in and go as 'The Man Who Stepped In Pooh'.

Ravens_cry
2015-10-20, 01:30 AM
Two things. One, a wizard for giving out candy with a volunteering group, and a lich for a friend's party get together.
Edit: Might do a witch for the candy giving out instead.

Bulldog Psion
2015-10-20, 04:36 AM
He should dress as some sort of pet. Maybe a British variety of dog. Oooo! Who also has magic powers!

Actually, that would be really cool.

Heh ... as a Bulldog Psion, eh? :smallbiggrin:

That's actually a pretty fun idea. :smallsmile:

Mary_Sue
2015-10-21, 10:08 PM
I love Halloween! I've been kind of glum lately but I think dressing up will help cheer me up. I plan on being Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty! :smallbiggrin:

Velaryon
2015-10-21, 11:54 PM
I'll be dressing up as a librarian. Because I'll be at work. :smallyuk:

Serpentine
2015-10-22, 05:54 AM
My work's encouraging us to dress up for casual Friday! Now to decide what to wear...

Havelocke
2015-10-22, 08:51 AM
Same costume I have been doing for 3 years now. I will go as Tony Stark. I have a light up shirt (built in Arc Reactor), since I have younger kids we go out in the daytime so I will have my sunglasses on, goatee trimmed up..."I just pay for everything and make everyone look cool"....that's my life!

Dienekes
2015-10-22, 08:58 AM
Fat slob sitting on a couch getting angry and kids trying to take my candy.

Same thing I've been since I graduated High School, really.

Cristo Meyers
2015-10-22, 09:29 AM
Away from home at a hotel that has a free open bar for 2 1/2 hours every night. So some variation of 'inebriated' is very likely, combined with 'turning 32 in 2 days'

GAAD
2015-10-22, 10:38 AM
I will be shaped like myself, I will be as broad as I have breadth, and just as high as I am; I will move with my own organs and live by that which nourishes me.

Bonus points to anyone who gets the reference.

William Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra. Do I get bonus points now?

Also: I'm planning on wearing a business suit, a blank mask, and a common kitchen appliance on top of my head.

The Blender Man

MrZJunior
2015-10-22, 01:54 PM
Probably a morning coat, domino mask, top hat, and white gloves, something I put together for a LARP last year.

(What French supervillain inspired my costume?)

Dienekes
2015-10-22, 02:24 PM
Probably a morning coat, domino mask, top hat, and white gloves, something I put together for a LARP last year.

Sounds more like that masked guy on Sailor Moon. The one that didn't ever do anything but pose dramatically.

MrZJunior
2015-10-22, 02:59 PM
Sounds more like that masked guy on Sailor Moon. The one that didn't ever do anything but pose dramatically.

They bear an unfortunate resemblance.

CannonFodder
2015-10-22, 11:08 PM
I'll be handing out candy wearing a leopard print onsie my wife wanted to throw away.

Fragenstein
2015-10-23, 09:19 AM

Batroc the Lottery Winner?

Morbis Meh
2015-10-23, 10:44 AM
A tired Grad student judging and culling the next herd of potential students while listening to Rammstein and eating pizza that I didn't have to pay for... Yep working on Halloween is going to suck.

Fragenstein
2015-10-23, 02:30 PM
A tired Grad student judging and culling the next herd of potential students while listening to Rammstein and eating pizza that I didn't have to pay for... Yep working on Halloween is going to suck.
Rammstein?

Du...

MrZJunior
2015-10-23, 09:31 PM
Batroc the Lottery Winner?

I don't get the reference, but it certainly sounds funny.

The costume is inspired by the cover of this novel, the first one to feature the villain Fantomas.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/03/Fantomas1911.jpg

Serpentine
2015-10-24, 10:53 PM
I've decided that I'm going to go to work as a banshee.

DataNinja
2015-10-24, 11:02 PM
I'm going to go as everyone's favorite second-fiddle Italian plumber from Brooklyn and hand out chocolate coins to people!

Fragenstein
2015-10-26, 11:18 AM
I don't get the reference, but it certainly sounds funny.

The costume is inspired by the cover of this novel, the first one to feature the villain Fantomas.

Well, I figured you meant Fantomas, but it was too good to pass up. Batroc the Leaper is a perennial Marvel second-stringer going back to the silver age:

http://www.herosandwich.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/FNF-BatrocAvengers3.jpg

His main thing is, apparently, really strong leg muscles. He can actually be fairly menacing when allowed access to the parkour/savate resources. He seems to fight Captain America a lot, plus he's French.

I'm just glad you avoided the 1964 Fantomas incarnation...
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfsJJ20BhdmP6mkmOdhEfvFkHmpKmfx VrEW0rQimLjnoNqUb15

YossarianLives
2015-10-26, 11:39 AM
Well actually it turns out that on Halloween I'll be working on the local Spooky Train.

Peelee
2015-10-26, 11:41 AM
Well actually it turns out that on Halloween I'll be working on the local Spooky Train.

Still as Skeletor, though, yes?

Vizzerdrix
2015-10-26, 12:12 PM
A disgruntled Walmart employee, as I have to work that night. I'm almost tempted to buy a mega pack of T.P. and decorate the store on lunch break. :smallfurious:

PallElendro
2015-10-26, 12:30 PM
I'll be a Starfleet officer like last year.

Lentrax
2015-10-26, 04:48 PM
A disgruntled Walmart employee, as I have to work that night. I'm almost tempted to buy a mega pack of T.P. and decorate the store on lunch break. :smallfurious:

Hey, we'll be in matching costumes!

AlexanderML
2015-10-26, 04:59 PM
I've never really gone out for Halloween, but I am this year.

My group is supposed to be batman themed, and between the choice of Two Face or the Penguin I choose the former. Because of the girl doing the make-up I know I'm going to look awesome.

Jormengand
2015-10-26, 05:19 PM
William Shakespeare, Antony and Cleopatra. Do I get bonus points now?

Yes. Note that I'm not going as a crocodile. :smallbiggrin:

Ruslan
2015-10-26, 05:40 PM
The second half of a Marty McFly/Doc Brown duo. Lab coat, crazy hair wig.

Vizzerdrix
2015-10-26, 08:15 PM
Hey, we'll be in matching costumes!

Ha! You almost made me snort coffee out my nose! :smalltongue:

You overnights too?

themaque
2015-10-27, 01:48 AM
I love Halloween, and love dressing up to hand out candy to any kids who come to the door, or hang out with friends at a party.

However this year I will be working.

Edit: When handing out Candy, I don't care how old you are so long as you've attempted a costume. It can be something out of the back of the coat rack.

Peelee
2015-10-27, 05:54 AM
I love Halloween, and love dressing up to hand out candy to any kids who come to the door, or hang out with friends at a party.

However this year I will be working.

Edit: When handing out Candy, I don't care how old you are so long as you've attempted a costume. It can be something out of the back of the coat rack.

Man, this if my first Halloween in my own house, in a perfectl trick-or-treat neighborhood, and i have a spot-on perfect Tusken Raider costume, as well as gloriois, screen-accurate Jedi robes. And I won't be home to pass out candy. Makes me kind of sad.

Pendulous
2015-10-27, 07:11 AM
Wanna commission someone to make moogle ears/pom-pom. I could even wear it to work. But, alas; nothing.

SarcasticDom
2015-10-27, 07:42 AM
my best friend and I are being Maverick and Goose from Top Gun. Buying a pilot jumpsuit and I've already got the aviators and h'es got Maverick's jacket (he's Maverick because he's shorter than me, so he has to be Tom Cruise)

Fragenstein
2015-10-27, 08:34 AM
my best friend and I are being Maverick and Goose from Top Gun. Buying a pilot jumpsuit and I've already got the aviators and h'es got Maverick's jacket (he's Maverick because he's shorter than me, so he has to be Tom Cruise)

Bonus points if the Goose costume features a dented flight helmet.

YossarianLives
2015-10-27, 08:47 AM
Still as Skeletor, though, yes?
I wish, how I wish.

Lentrax
2015-10-27, 09:29 AM
Ha! You almost made me snort coffee out my nose! :smalltongue:

You overnights too?

Yup. And its a Saturday, so I'll be yelling at kids to get off the bikes and skateboards all night long.

Yay.

MrZJunior
2015-10-27, 10:33 AM
Well, I figured you meant Fantomas, but it was too good to pass up. Batroc the Leaper is a perennial Marvel second-stringer going back to the silver age:

http://www.herosandwich.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/FNF-BatrocAvengers3.jpg

His main thing is, apparently, really strong leg muscles. He can actually be fairly menacing when allowed access to the parkour/savate resources. He seems to fight Captain America a lot, plus he's French.

I'm just glad you avoided the 1964 Fantomas incarnation...
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfsJJ20BhdmP6mkmOdhEfvFkHmpKmfx VrEW0rQimLjnoNqUb15

I've never read any of the books and the only Phantomas movie I've seen was filmed in the 20's, I just think that cover looks really cool.

Fragenstein
2015-10-27, 10:41 AM
I've never read any of the books and the only Phantomas movie I've seen was filmed in the 20's, I just think that cover looks really cool.

I'll certainly agree to that. I like the '20s style as well.

But... you have to admit there's something to be said about Hawkeye getting kicked in the face to a "Le Fapk!" sound effect.

MrZJunior
2015-10-27, 12:25 PM
I'll certainly agree to that. I like the '20s style as well.

But... you have to admit there's something to be said about Hawkeye getting kicked in the face to a "Le Fapk!" sound effect.

That is pretty cool, he should be in the next Avengers.

Fragenstein
2015-10-27, 12:40 PM
That is pretty cool, he should be in the next Avengers.

He was actually in The Winter Soldier as a mercenary/pirate who hijacked the S.H.I.E.L.D. boat early in the film. Portrayed by French Canadian former UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre. Good fight scene -- lots of kicking.

Havelocke
2015-10-27, 12:52 PM
Batroc may be making a repeat appearance in the next Cap movie too! Le fapk to le face!

Razanir
2015-10-28, 07:31 AM
Depends on the party. I was the 10th Doctor at dorm gov't a few days ago, because it's my backup costume, and I'll reprise the costume at the dorm party if I don't think of anything else. My idea to attempt in the next few days is Iron Cyberman, go as an Iron Man colored Cyberman. And if I go to an off-campus party I was invited to with a bunch of people from church, I'm seriously considering going as a cat-holic.

Serpentine
2015-10-28, 08:13 AM
If anyone's struggling to think of a costume, have a look at this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQ4phPPLHA).

MrZJunior
2015-10-28, 12:01 PM
He was actually in The Winter Soldier as a mercenary/pirate who hijacked the S.H.I.E.L.D. boat early in the film. Portrayed by French Canadian former UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre. Good fight scene -- lots of kicking.

Damn, the one Marvel movie I haven't seen.

AlexanderML
2015-10-28, 03:30 PM
If anyone's struggling to think of a costume, have a look at this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMQ4phPPLHA).

Thank you for that, it was fun.

Dire Moose
2015-10-30, 11:21 PM
Well, the mad scientist idea wouldn't work; my 6-year-old cousin is already dressing as a scientist and I didn't want there to be two of the same thing.

However, I did have a better idea for a costume recently after recalling my favorite video game series and managed to get everything together today.

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx218/TheDireMoose/f6693781-a0ac-4a36-a609-8f8502d4b4af_zps4rrnzhwv.jpg

DataNinja
2015-10-30, 11:30 PM
Well, the mad scientist idea wouldn't work; my 6-year-old cousin is already dressing as a scientist and I didn't want there to be two of the same thing.

However, I did have a better idea for a costume recently after recalling my favorite video game series and managed to get everything together today.

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx218/TheDireMoose/f6693781-a0ac-4a36-a609-8f8502d4b4af_zps4rrnzhwv.jpg

That looks awesome! Green Nintendo Heroes Unite!

Dire Moose
2015-10-30, 11:50 PM
That looks awesome! Green Nintendo Heroes Unite!

YAY!

Too bad I don't know how SSBB's online system works; it'd be nice to fight each other knowing that.

DataNinja
2015-10-31, 12:59 AM
YAY!

Too bad I don't know how SSBB's online system works; it'd be nice to fight each other knowing that.

Eh, I just have my 3ds. No Brawl. :smallsigh:

FinnLassie
2015-10-31, 06:30 AM
We don'ts do the halloween in Finland. some do use it as an excuse to have horror movie party nights though

noparlpf
2015-10-31, 06:54 AM
I'm dressing up as a vet tech...so I can go to work in a few minutes. :smalltongue:

Brother Oni
2015-10-31, 09:02 AM
Apparently this combination is going to be popular in the UK (check the 'Frequently Bought Together') (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aurora-Favourites-Pig-Plush-Toy/dp/B00U2OJW8U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446300127&sr=8-1&keywords=Aurora+Favourites+Pig+Plush+Toy).

Peelee
2015-10-31, 09:24 AM
Apparently this combination is going to be popular in the UK (check the 'Frequently Bought Together') (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aurora-Favourites-Pig-Plush-Toy/dp/B00U2OJW8U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446300127&sr=8-1&keywords=Aurora+Favourites+Pig+Plush+Toy).

Auto redirected me to the US site, with no joke. Had to delete the m and replace it with .uk. You made me do work, sir!

That said, while I don't understand the joke completely, I do appreciate that those were bought together. That's mildly amusing even without context

YossarianLives
2015-10-31, 10:25 AM
Happy Hallowe'en everyone! I hope you all enjoy yourselves despite most of us working today.

Peelee
2015-10-31, 12:10 PM
Happy Hallowe'en everyone! I hope you all enjoy yourselves despite most of us working today.

Skeletor keeps me going. At least until 3:30, when i knock off early for Boo at the Zoo!

TechnOkami
2015-10-31, 02:27 PM
I am doing the most classic of halloween costumes.

A white sheet with cut out holes for eyes.

I am the spoopiest.

Dire Moose
2015-10-31, 02:38 PM

*dies laughing*

I did understand the context.

Peelee
2015-10-31, 02:59 PM
*dies laughing*

I did understand the context.

...throw out some context to your non-moosen brethren?

Dire Moose
2015-10-31, 03:14 PM
Well, it involves politics and really NSFW stuff, so I can't discuss it here.

If you must know here's a link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piggate).

Peelee
2015-10-31, 07:21 PM
Well, it involves politics and really NSFW stuff, so I can't discuss it here.

If you must know here's a link (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piggate).

Ah. Well, then.

Also, Boo at the Zoo got rained out. Before they closed, though, tthree Scout Troopers, a Sand Trooper, a Stormtrooper, four Jedi, a Tusken Raider, and a Jawa wandered around. Still fun, even if it only lasted a bit more than an hour.

Vizzerdrix
2015-10-31, 07:43 PM
Yup. And its a Saturday, so I'll be yelling at kids to get off the bikes and skateboards all night long.

Yay.

Yup. So I decided to call out. Good luck with the shift bud. I'll have a slice of pizza in your honor :smallbiggrin:

Voxx
2015-11-01, 01:25 AM
I was captian hammer from dr horrible's sing along blog this year for halloween.

sktarq
2015-11-01, 03:43 AM
So I went to bar district strait from work. I have a half dozen people tell me they liked my costume (which I had zero idea I was wearing).

Apparently I'm a ringer for Bob Ross

So happy Halloween and Happy Trees

Spanish_Paladin
2015-11-01, 02:55 PM
I was Destiny from the Endless.... God, how can that book weight so much? :smallbiggrin:

Jaxzan Proditor
2015-11-01, 03:00 PM
I was Destiny from the Endless.... God, how can that book weight so much? :smallbiggrin:

Hey, I went as Dream! (Although most people thought I was Edward Scissorhands :smalltongue:)

Spanish_Paladin
2015-11-01, 03:11 PM
Hey, I went as Dream! (Although most people thought I was Edward Scissorhands :smalltongue:)

Hello little brother!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin: