PDA

View Full Version : Construct feats

Monk of love
2015-10-18, 06:21 AM
Hey I don't know of any but are there are feats specific for constructs?

Bronk
2015-10-18, 09:24 AM
Hey I don't know of any but are there are feats specific for constructs?

The only ones I know of are the ones specific to Warforged... Most constructs are mindless, and IIRC mindless creatures don't get feats.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-10-18, 09:27 AM
Lifesense (Libris Mortis) requires Con --, limiting it to constructs and undead.

Template-created constructs sometimes keep feats that improve their natural attacks (e.g. Elder Eidolon), so they can use Improved Natural Attack and such, but they still can't obtain feats if their Int is --.

Inevitability
2015-10-18, 09:58 AM
Lifesense (Libris Mortis) requires Con --, limiting it to constructs and undead.

NITPICK TIME!

It is in fact possible to create creatures without constitution that are not constructed or undead. The easiest way would be to just pick any deathless, but there are more complicated ways. For example, a necropolitian who takes enough levels in Dragon Disciple eventually changes type to dragon; which does not change his constitution back to a real number.

Rubik
2015-10-18, 10:03 AM
Astral constructs can gain feats through their menu abilities.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-10-18, 10:05 AM
NITPICK TIME!

It is in fact possible to create creatures without constitution that are not constructed or undead. The easiest way would be to just pick any deathless, but there are more complicated ways. For example, a necropolitian who takes enough levels in Dragon Disciple eventually changes type to dragon; which does not change his constitution back to a real number.
Yay! You are right, of course.

For a bonus cookie: Can you can Con -- without having been undead or construct at some point?

Rubik
2015-10-18, 10:15 AM

For a bonus cookie: Can you can Con -- without having been undead or construct at some point?Anyone who manifests Metamorphosis to turn into an object.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-10-18, 10:23 AM
Anyone who manifests Metamorphosis to turn into an object.
Ah, psionics do it better once again (only greater metamorphosis will do, however). That was an easy cookie, I suppose.https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBvaN3-yfxHBdDwsyLIZtDhX1vrTgkwR5pvQgvF0xccmWCEVql

Rubik
2015-10-18, 10:29 AM
Ah, psionics do it better once again (only greater metamorphosis will do, however). That was an easy cookie, I suppose.https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBvaN3-yfxHBdDwsyLIZtDhX1vrTgkwR5pvQgvF0xccmWCEVqlPAO can do it, too, but not quite as early, and it disables you entirely.

Bronk
2015-10-18, 11:43 AM

For a bonus cookie: Can you can Con -- without having been undead or construct at some point?

Also, awakened trees don't have a con score.

The Viscount
2015-10-19, 02:38 PM
NITPICK TIME!

Nitpick Sandwich: Depending on how binding the type pyramid is, said necropolitan may not change to dragon type.

Flickerdart
2015-10-19, 02:56 PM
Ah, psionics do it better once again (only greater metamorphosis will do, however). That was an easy cookie, I suppose.https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBvaN3-yfxHBdDwsyLIZtDhX1vrTgkwR5pvQgvF0xccmWCEVql

That is not a cookie, but in fact a waffle.

unseenmage
2015-10-20, 12:30 AM
Finding feats for construct minions has always been a pain.
Tha t said in my sig there's a post listing the 10 best feats any creature regardless of stats could have.

Jack_Simth
2015-10-20, 01:11 AM
Nitpick Sandwich: Depending on how binding the type pyramid is, said necropolitan may not change to dragon type.
Just to further complicate things for funsies:
1) The type pyramid is 3.0, and is theoretically superceded by the MM template stacking rule, which ignores it entirely.
2) Even with the type pyramid in play, it never quite says that you can't make a lateral move, so things like the Monk Capstone would still make an undead (or construct) into an Outsider (and restore your ability to be affected by Raise Dead).

Rubik
2015-10-20, 01:14 AM
Just to further complicate things for funsies:
1) The type pyramid is 3.0, and is theoretically superceded by the MM template stacking rule, which ignores it entirely.
2) Even with the type pyramid in play, it never quite says that you can't make a lateral move, so things like the Monk Capstone would still make an undead (or construct) into an Outsider (and restore your ability to be affected by Raise Dead).You mean, it would make you count as an outsider and not change your type at all.

Jack_Simth
2015-10-20, 01:19 AM
You mean, it would make you count as an outsider and not change your type at all.
Hmm? Oh, sorry. Bad example with the Monk. I forgot that it only changes certain interactions. Let's go with the Alienist Capstone, then.

Inevitability
2015-10-20, 03:56 AM
That is not a cookie, but in fact a waffle.

One of those (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroopwafel), to be precise.