PDA

View Full Version : I can't find my spells!

2007-05-23, 12:27 PM
My wizard in the Age of Worms game we're running has got two spells in his spellbook, Forceward and Dimension Step and I cannot remember what book I got them from. I'm certain their not in the PH and I can't find them in the Spell Compendium either.

I'm pretty sure I didn't just make these two spells up. Does anyone know what book their from, or at least where I can see their discriptions to prove to my DM they're real?

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-05-23, 12:30 PM
My first thought is typo. Dimension Step, particularly, sounds like you wanted to write Dimension Door but wrote Step instead by accident, possibly due to the Monk ability, Abundant Step, that allows Monks to use Dimension Door a certain number of times per day.

EDIT: I just had a glance through the Crystal Keep spell list and the only spells I could find with Dimension in their name were Dimension Door and Dimensional Anchor. Also, I couldn't find any mention of a Forceward although there is a Forcewave, which is apparently found on page 95 of Magic of Faerun. The only other spells I can think of with Force in their name are Forcecage and Wall of Force, both of which are core.

Telonius
2007-05-23, 12:37 PM
Could be you're thinking of "Dimension Hop" (PHB2). "Forceward" should be in the Spell Compendium.

2007-05-23, 01:11 PM
I may have forgotten the name of the Dimension spell (don't have my sheet with me). As far as I can remember, its a spell that lets you teleport your move distance as a swift action. Sort of a weaker Dimension Door.

And maybe I just overlooked Forceward.

Hazkali
2007-05-23, 02:02 PM
According to the Consolidated Spell Index (WotC website) Forceward is in the Spell Compendium, page 98.

I've got nothing for you on Dimension Step however.

BardicDuelist
2007-05-23, 02:07 PM
Dimension Step is in PHB2, right after Dimension Shuffle and Dimension Hop.

martyboy74
2007-05-23, 03:18 PM
Dimension Step is in PHB2, right after Dimension Shuffle and Dimension Hop.

Is that where Dimension Boogie, Dimension Foxtrot, and Dimension Disco are? :smalltongue:

ocato
2007-05-23, 03:20 PM
The Dimension Disco is often just after Irresistable Dance has been cast.

Foolosophy
2007-05-23, 04:01 PM
Is that where Dimension Boogie, Dimension Foxtrot, and Dimension Disco are? :smalltongue:

you are my personal internet hero for today :D :) :smallcool:

Stevenson
2007-05-23, 08:35 PM
Dimension step is in PhBII, not misspelled at all. It's...gee....3rd level, I wanna say. Not sure there, though. It lets you travel your full speed, but not stop in between a la dimension door. Basically, a dimension door that you can only travel through to go your speed.