PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What is the best-ever AP?

Zhentarim
2015-10-18, 02:31 PM
I'm looking to get a couple of AP's and I was hoping there was some consensus regarding which ones were the best. Kingmaker is one that keeps coming up. Is that a good one?

List your 3 favorite APs

Huldaerus
2015-10-18, 03:15 PM
1. Curse of the Crimson Throne.
2. Rise of the Runelords.
3. Iron Gods.

Zhentarim
2015-10-18, 03:49 PM
1. Curse of the Crimson Throne.
2. Rise of the Runelords.
3. Iron Gods.

Those really do look good!

CGNefarious
2015-10-18, 04:05 PM
Rise of the Runelords
We be Goblins (it's a one shot)
Kingmaker

To be fair, those are the only AP's I've played. Rise of the Runelords seem to be the best written of those by a bit, though I do have the benefit of being the DM and seeing all the backstory as well.

Vhaidara
2015-10-18, 04:11 PM
I haven't had time to finish any of them (I'm stuck in PbP), but from what I've seen/heard
Rise of the Runelords
Curse of the Crimson Throne
Wrath of the Righteous

And We Be Goblins, while not really a full AP, is hilarious and exactly the kind of thing everyone should run when all of the players haven't slept more than 8 hours in the past 72. And/or are drunk. PvP and trolling are actively encouraged.

Zhentarim
2015-10-18, 06:51 PM
I think I'm seeing a pattern.

Zrak
2015-10-18, 07:34 PM
Speaking as someone who DMed "We Be Goblins" for drunk people, everything Keledrath says is true. It's the only AP I've seen where even a totally hammered party can't really mess it up too badly.

Vhaidara
2015-10-18, 07:41 PM
Speaking as someone who DMed "We Be Goblins" for drunk people, everything Keledrath says is true. It's the only AP I've seen where even a totally hammered party can't really mess it up too badly.

I did it on the second night of a convention. We'd been gaming for almost 48 hours when we started, and were only being kept alive by sugar.

Hendel
2015-10-18, 09:03 PM
Is there a theme you like? Such as pirates, Asian, undead, Giants, etc.

I have completed Skull & Shackles, Kingmaker, Carrion Crown, and Jade Regent. I have partially completed Curse of the Crimson Throne and am half way through Giantslayer.

I want to run through Rise of the Runelords (now that there is an official Pathfinder version and not the original 3.5).

I really liked Jade Regent.

Starbuck_II
2015-10-18, 09:23 PM
Never been in a Jade AP sadly.

Kingmaker, Rise of Runelords (best intro), Carrion Crown, and Iron Gods.

If had to choose: Kingmaker, Carrior Crown, Iron Gods.

Zhentarim
2015-10-18, 10:02 PM
Is there a theme you like? Such as pirates, Asian, undead, Giants, etc.

I have completed Skull & Shackles, Kingmaker, Carrion Crown, and Jade Regent. I have partially completed Curse of the Crimson Throne and am half way through Giantslayer.

I want to run through Rise of the Runelords (now that there is an official Pathfinder version and not the original 3.5).

I really liked Jade Regent.

Right now, I really like pirates, but I tend to cycle through that, asian, undead, and cheliax (I really like chelish campaigns, though moreso to tear down chelish institutions with strongly chaotic characters--whether that be CG, CN, or CE).

Akal Saris
2015-10-18, 11:45 PM
My group loved Kingmaker. It's similar to Birthright from 2E D&D, which my PCs also loved, so I know they are somewhat biased :P The community of Kingmaker DMs is also terrific and there are a lot of great player resources I've found through the Paizo sub-forum for the AP.

Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne are the earliest two APs (aside from Savage Tides, I guess), so they are the ones that most people have played. That means that as a DM there are a lot of materials you can find online from other DMs to help the campaign. I think Rise of the Runelords is a lot of fun, and Crimson Throne is alright but suffers from a weak middle part. Crimson Throne has some Cheliax connections that you might like though.

StreamOfTheSky
2015-10-19, 12:49 AM
I haven't played in nor DM'd many AP's at all, but I really like the War of the Burning Sky campaign. And Age of Worms is one I haven't played but it sounds fun from everything I've read...though the enemy types are fairly narrow and thus favor and disfavor certain classes.

Kurald Galain
2015-10-19, 01:42 AM
I'd go for Feast of Ravenmoor and Eyes of the Ten. Although for the latter it helps if you've been playing on Golarion for a while.

Frosty
2015-10-19, 02:36 AM
Way of the Wicked
Wrath of the Righteous
Kingmaker

Novawurmson
2015-10-19, 04:19 AM
Rise of the Runelords, Carrion Crown, Kingmaker

Though I love the first couple books of Curse of the Crimson Throne.