PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III - First Songs Announced.

ElfLad
2007-05-23, 01:25 PM
Source. (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/23/first-guitar-hero-iii-tracks-revealed-les-paul-guitar-licensed/)

"Paint It Black" (by The Rolling Stones)
"Cherub Rock" (by Smashing Pumpkins)
"Sabotage" (by Beastie Boys)
"The Metal" (by Tenacious D)
"My Name is Jonas" (by Weezer)
"Knights of Cydonia" (by Muse)
"Rock And Roll All Nite" (as made famous by Kiss)
"School's Out" (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
"Slow Ride" (as made famous by Foghat)
"Cult of Personality" (by Living Colour)
"Barracuda" (as made famous by Heart)

Also, since some of these are "by" and some are "as made famous by," I think we can assume that the ones listed as "by" are the actual band's original recording. Gleeeee!

I'm most excited about Paint it Black, The Metal, Rock And Roll All Nite, and Knights of Cydonia. I intend to check out the other songs through Youtube.

Penguinizer
2007-05-23, 01:39 PM
Now I really want it >.<

If it comes for the Wii I'll get it. I like the beastie boys.

ElfLad
2007-05-23, 01:40 PM
It's coming out for all next-gen consoles and the PS2.

Upon further review, Slow Ride by Foghat also kicks ass.

Penguinizer
2007-05-23, 01:42 PM
Hmm, still, Twilight princes comes first for the next Wii game I get.

Ryuuk
2007-05-23, 02:45 PM
Awesome, I get one more Guitar Hero game before I have to update to next gen. Looking forward to "Rock and Roll all Nite", "School´s Out" and "Knight of Cydonia"

TheSorrow
2007-05-23, 03:12 PM
cooool songs, I like the increasing use of Bands that are current right now. Like who doesnt want to jam out on a Tenascious D song. Come on!:smallbiggrin:

Om
2007-05-23, 06:17 PM
"Paint It Black" (by The Rolling Stones)Not the Echo & the Bunnymen cover? They've lost my trade!

This fiasco can only be salvaged by including Twisted Sister's seminal offering in the finial release.

Daze
2007-05-23, 06:28 PM
Are they still gonna include the old songs from GH1? or is it a totally new mix? I'm gonna miss jamming out to freebird...

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-05-26, 08:30 AM
oh man...Tenacious D...awesome...I hope they sneak in a part of classico...to do a rock block of Bach is nice. :smallsmile:

lumberofdabeast
2007-05-26, 08:33 AM
Are they still gonna include the old songs from GH1? or is it a totally new mix? I'm gonna miss jamming out to freebird...

1) Freebird was in 2, not 1.
2) If you want to play the old songs, go buy the old games.

Logic
2007-05-26, 09:08 AM
After playing Guitar Hero II for some time now, and after unlocking a handful of songs, one song I would love to play is "Black Betty" by Ram Jam.

Suraht
2007-05-26, 12:41 PM
Not the Echo & the Bunnymen cover? They've lost my trade!

This fiasco can only be salvaged by including Twisted Sister's seminal offering in the finial release.

How about "I Wanna Rock", and not a cover of it?

Check out the 80's version (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6171269.html).

Penguinizer
2007-05-26, 02:26 PM
They still need to bring back Trogdor from 2. Maybe some power metal.