PDA

View Full Version : Boomerang builds

chyrson
2015-10-18, 08:28 PM
I recal a few boomerang related feats or feat trees but can't for the life of me rember names or source books any assistance would be appreciated.

Also the 3-pronged boomerang weapon location would also be handy.

elonin
2015-10-18, 08:56 PM
I am not familiar with any handbooks. Is this for 3, 3.5 or Pathfinder? What sources are allowed?

I'm curious, are you making a Sokka build?

daremetoidareyo
2015-10-18, 09:04 PM
Races of Eberron has boomerang daze and boomerang ricochet.

Both are kinda fun feats. If you buy a net and give it the adaptive trait, it can ricochet into two targets and daze them both.

Or heck, make the boomerangs adaptive, and throw stunning fist, pharoahs fist, sudden willow strike, and forceful staff style. Your boomerang ricochets into to adjacent targets, and possibly dazes and stuns both. Pharoah's fist causes anyone adjacent to either of them to become possibly stunned. Each target stunned is also bullrushed.

The adaptive trait on your boomerang is greatly served by the chamelion's floating feat. Each day you can experiment with the best build for you. Think you'll have a single big bad, increase the debuffs. Think you'll be fighting mooks, increase the battlefield control.

daremetoidareyo
2015-10-18, 09:10 PM
Races of Eberron has boomerang daze and boomerang ricochet.

Both are kinda fun feats. If you buy a net and give it the adaptive trait, it can ricochet into two targets and daze them both.

Or heck, make the boomerangs adaptive, and throw stunning fist, pharoahs fist, sudden willow strike, and forceful staff style. Your boomerang ricochets into to adjacent targets, and possibly dazes and stuns both. Pharoah's fist causes anyone adjacent to either of them to become possibly stunned. Each target stunned is also bullrushed. Tormtor school from (DotU) is the feat you really want with your ricochet daze boomerangs. You bash with your boomerang as a melee attack, ricocheting that strike to someone else in reach, and then use a swift action to throw it, where it will ricochet.

The adaptive trait on your boomerang is greatly served by the chamelion's floating feat. Each day you can experiment with the best build for you. Think you'll have a single big bad, increase the debuffs. Think you'll be fighting mooks, increase the battlefield control.

chyrson
2015-10-19, 12:33 AM
I am not familiar with any handbooks. Is this for 3, 3.5 or Pathfinder? What sources are allowed?

I'm curious, are you making a Sokka build?

3.5 and no Sokka didn't even cross my mind I planned the character out years ago (before avatar came out) and forgot the feats.

Found most of what I was looking for thanks guys for posting

chyrson
2015-10-19, 01:08 AM
also any way to pick up an item at your feat as a free action or without provoking an AOO would be helpful