PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Masterwork inception

Samwise88
2015-10-19, 01:14 AM
The question is fairly simple: If I fire a masterwork arrow from a masterwork bow, do I get a +2 enhancement to attack, or still just +1?

Thanks for your help

Almarck
2015-10-19, 01:16 AM
No. Only strongest bonus stacks.

For the same reason you can't stack +1 Arrows with a +1 bow. But you can have the arrows enchanted with Flaming and the bow with Frost.

Samwise88
2015-10-19, 01:17 AM
I suppose it's because without magic, things can only get so good, as it were.

Thanks for your help.

Almarck
2015-10-19, 01:20 AM
I suppose it's because without magic, things can only get so good, as it were.

Thanks for your help.

Sort of. In 3.5 it's more that Masterwork is a bonus and doesn't stack twice. Few bonuses stack, even among magic. For the same reason you cannot apply a Strength buff from a spell onto someone using a belt of orge strength. The bonuses overlap each other because they are of the same type.

Masterwork is a +1 bonus to attack rolls with a specific weapon; it does not stack with itself.

Of the top of my head, only Dodge and circumstance bonuses stack

Khedrac
2015-10-19, 02:48 AM
Sort of. In 3.5 it's more that Masterwork is a bonus and doesn't stack twice. Few bonuses stack, even among magic. For the same reason you cannot apply a Strength buff from a spell onto someone using a belt of orge strength. The bonuses overlap each other because they are of the same type.

Masterwork is a +1 bonus to attack rolls with a specific weapon; it does not stack with itself.

Of the top of my head, only Dodge and circumstance bonuses stackCorrect in all effects but wrong in detail...

Just to clarify, "masterwork" is not a bonus type.
Masterwork weapons provide a +1 enhancement bonus to attack rolls. Enhancement bonuses do not stacks (magic or otherwise).

Other masterwork items have different effects (e.g. masterwork armor).