PDA

View Full Version : is there a rule about it?

the_tick_rules
2007-05-23, 10:54 PM
Hey I posted a response in the discussion about the OOTS strip. I made a side comment about how I thought it was cool I finally made it on the first page. It got deleted and someone pm'd me saying watch out before I get banned. What kinda rule did that break?

Emperor Tippy
2007-05-23, 11:06 PM
Read this
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?f=22&a=26

the_tick_rules
2007-05-23, 11:15 PM
thanks, seems like a kinda bizzare rule to me, but ok. It's cause of people waiting to be the first and overloading the server isn't it?

Vonriel
2007-05-23, 11:55 PM
My guess is that it falls under the 'spam' category, actually, as they add nothing to the discussion at hand.

Zeb The Troll
2007-05-24, 12:47 AM
This was a rule that was put in place some time ago, before I started posting in Friendly Banter and before the server switch, I believe. Basically it was because people were flooding the first few pages with no more content than "Woot, first/second/third page" and "Stop making page references!" posts. Quite often people would actually post that they'd made the first page and they needed to go read the comic now. Finally the Forum Staff declared that enough was enough and any post referencing what page it was on would be deleted, regardless of any other content.

DreadArchon
2007-05-25, 11:42 AM
I have seen this in numerous other forums as well. It's just good policy if you don't want every important thread flooded with meta-thread.