PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Core only Artificer?

Bucky
2015-10-19, 01:13 PM
As a GM, I have a need for a non-casting Artificer NPC. I'd like the Artificer character to depend on crafting and using wands rather than innate spellcasting. Is there a way to pull that off in core?

Milo v3
2015-10-19, 08:28 PM
Master Craftman feat will let you make wondrous items, armour and weapons and then could make wondrous items that function like wands. Though, some GM's dislike people using craft wondrous item to make things that are effectively other item types, so you might not approve of this method.

Nifft
2015-10-19, 08:32 PM
As a GM, I have a need for a non-casting Artificer NPC. I'd like the Artificer character to depend on crafting and using wands rather than innate spellcasting. Is there a way to pull that off in core?

Not in 3.5e; dunno about Pathfinder.

All Item Crafting feats have a spellcaster level requirement.

Outside of Core there are work-arounds, including of course the Eberron Artificer.

Another nice combo for a pair of NPCs would be one Binder 12 and one Warlock 12, who work together to make (nearly) any item.

Milo v3
2015-10-19, 08:34 PM
Nope.

All Item Crafting feats have a spellcaster level requirement.

Outside of Core there are work-arounds, including of course the Eberron Artificer.

Another nice combo for a pair of NPCs would be one Binder 12 and one Warlock 12, who work together to make (nearly) any item.

This is for PF not 3.5e, so thankfully core has a semi-cheese solution (I do wish PF had a good artificer equivalent though).

Nifft
2015-10-19, 08:47 PM
This is for PF not 3.5e, so thankfully core has a semi-cheese solution (I do wish PF had a good artificer equivalent though).

Oops, didn't notice that tag.

Thanks for the correction.

Thealtruistorc
2015-10-19, 10:10 PM
I Homebrewed this (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nI2yMTUyToShU2iPruKPit0UFL-1WJ-I0iZkhMJ0G_0/edit) a while back to try and convert the artificer, but everything Milo says is valid.