PDA

View Full Version : Cleric feats that don't require you to be a Cleric?

heavyfuel
2015-10-19, 06:15 PM
I'm creating a new Cleric, but since he's starting as a Human Paragon for that sweet "any 10 skills" skill list and quadruple skill points at 1st level, I need a few feats that will help me in my divine journey, but that don't require levels in Cleric.

Things like Quicken Spell, Extend Spell, Easy Metamagic, Imp Initiative, and Shape Soulmeld all came to mind, but I'm not really satisfied with them. I was thinking Quicken + Easy MM, but I'm not sure I want to use DMM for this one.

Suggestions appreciated.

Troacctid
2015-10-19, 06:18 PM
Well, since you apparently are interested in skills, Able Learner and Nymph's Kiss may be of interest.

Flickerdart
2015-10-19, 06:20 PM
You can start taking care of prerequisites. Melee-oriented clerics might want Divine Might, but Power Attack is required first.

heavyfuel
2015-10-19, 06:27 PM
You can start taking care of prerequisites. Melee-oriented clerics might want Divine Might, but Power Attack is required first.

Should've mentioned that. I don't want to fight at all. This guy is going full-support

Well, since you apparently are interested in skills, Able Learner and Nymph's Kiss may be of interest.

Able Learner is good, can't believe I forgot about it!

Nymph's Kiss has that whole "have a fey girlfriend" which I don't think will fly with the DM. I'll check, but keep suggestions coming

Flickerdart
2015-10-19, 06:40 PM
Nymph's Kiss has that whole "have a fey girlfriend" which I don't think will fly with the DM. I'll check, but keep suggestions coming
The relationship needs to be intimidate, but it is not required to be sexual.

The various devotion feats are much better for clerics than anyone else, but you don't need to be one to take them. For a support cleric, good choices include Animal Devotion (flight or speed), Earth Devotion (immediate action BFC), Protection Devotion (AC to allies nearby), Travel Devotion (extra movement so you can touch-heal people and then run away), or Trickery Devotion (the 15th level ability to essentially use project image is sweet).

Troacctid
2015-10-19, 07:01 PM
Can I ask what class skills you want out of Human Paragon? Depending on what you're looking for, you may be able to get them without losing casting via a prestige class like Church Inquisitor, Divine Oracle, Paragnostic Apostle, Singer of Concordance, etc. A lot of skills can be gained through domains or Initiate feats as well.

It may also be worth starting with a level of Rogue instead. You still only lose one level of casting, but you get more skill points and you basically get all the class skills you could possibly need, plus sneak attack and trapfinding (or whatever ACFs you want instead). Then you can, like, qualify for Shadowbane Stalker or something, I dunno.

Rakoa
2015-10-19, 07:12 PM
The relationship needs to be intimidate

I don't know if you can get Fey points by intimidating her into any relationship, sexual or not. :smallwink:

heavyfuel
2015-10-19, 07:25 PM
Can I ask what class skills you want out of Human Paragon? Depending on what you're looking for, you may be able to get them without losing casting via a prestige class like Church Inquisitor, Divine Oracle, Paragnostic Apostle, Singer of Concordance, etc. A lot of skills can be gained through domains or Initiate feats as well.

It may also be worth starting with a level of Rogue instead. You still only lose one level of casting, but you get more skill points and you basically get all the class skills you could possibly need, plus sneak attack and trapfinding (or whatever ACFs you want instead). Then you can, like, qualify for Shadowbane Stalker or something, I dunno.

None that can be acquired through these classes. Rogue would be good, but I want maxxed Spellcraft and Concentration too. The most attractive part of the Human Paragon is the Bonus Feat and Ability Score improvement, not just the skills.

The relationship needs to be intimidate, but it is not required to be sexual.

The various devotion feats are much better for clerics than anyone else, but you don't need to be one to take them. For a support cleric, good choices include Animal Devotion (flight or speed), Earth Devotion (immediate action BFC), Protection Devotion (AC to allies nearby), Travel Devotion (extra movement so you can touch-heal people and then run away), or Trickery Devotion (the 15th level ability to essentially use project image is sweet).

Like I said, I'll check with the DM. I just don't want to... strong-arm him :smallwink:

Seriously though, devotions may work, especially Trickery Devotion. I'm not that good with illusions though, any tips on using it to its maximum potential?