PDA

View Full Version : Share Your Playtest Journals/Results!

Magikeeper
2015-10-19, 09:55 PM
It has occurred to me that, due to the site's rules on thread necromancy, people can't post the results of playtesting homebrew on that homebrew's thread unless its still active. Yet, there are many past-necro homebrew threads whose creators are still check into the site. In some of these cases the very reason the thread stopped updating was the lack of anything else to add/tweak without playtest data!

So I am creating this thread to fix that. We hopefully have enough people using any GITP homebrew to keep one "submit your playtests here!" thread out of the necro range. Yes, thread creators don't have to worry about necro-ing their own thread in this subforum but they might not be the ones doing the playtest.

Also, even if the creator IS gone playtest data can still help other people learn how other classes/feats/etc handle in practice.

List of Playtests

Concluded:

Ongoing:

Fralex
2015-10-19, 10:00 PM
This is a good idea!
I feel like we should implement some sort of score system that keeps track of who's been playtesting the most things. Posters would get points every time they bring back useful playtest data.

EDIT: it would also be useful if homebrew things had a rating saying how much they'd been playtested already.
Something like, Playtesting Status: none/light/moderate/thorough (Playtested by X groups)

Magikeeper
2015-10-20, 11:50 AM
Eh, I don't think a point system would help all that much. Maybe if it included Fabulous Prizes, but it wouldn't. :P I think this thread could snowball if enough people started using it, but starting with some kind of points system probably wouldn't entice people to make those vital initial posts.

As for the second idea, I think that depends on how active this thread is. The more active it is, the more justifiable it is to start listing statistics like that.

Fralex
2015-10-20, 08:06 PM
Fair enough. So how does this work? Do I just wait for someone to playtest my stuff and put it here, or...?