PDA

View Full Version : Monstrous Multiclassing

Miraqariftsky
2007-05-24, 09:44 AM
Hallo, y'all.

No, the question at hand is not about monstrous races multiclassing, but the poblems that arise when a player wants to multiclass into alignment-restrictive classes.

What do you get when a barbarian takes levels of paladin (or vice versa)? It should be some sort of righteous rager, should it not?

How about a rogue monk? Does the character become a ninja? Noooo, but what happens to the stunning sneak attack?

What other cool characte classes are there that could never exist (at least according to the current rules) because of multiclassing and incompatible alignments?

DaMullet
2007-05-24, 09:47 AM
Well, to multiclass from Barbarian to Paladin, you'd have to note that both classes specifically state that they lose their keynote abilities if they change alignment. Barbarians can only rage while chaotic, Paladins can only smite or detect evil while good.

Rogues aren't prohibited from being Lawful, so I don't see what the issue is there.

My favorite one is the Bard/Monk, because they're both so useless.

B!shop
2007-05-24, 09:48 AM
In 3.0 (not sure in 3.5 is still the same) monks and paladins loose some of their powers when multiclassing, and/or cannot gain levels in monk/paladin class again if they multiclass.

Cannot remember well how it works in details, but it's all in PHB.

Miraqariftsky
2007-05-24, 10:10 AM
That's why I explicitly said, "could never exist".

Siigggh. Rogues aren't? Durn.

Soo, we have the paladin and the monk for classes that are Lawful Only and the Barbarian for Chaotic. Are there any more?

B!shop
2007-05-24, 10:13 AM
Bards can't be lawful
Druids must be neutral in some form

Oh, and Barbarian can't be lawful, but don't need to be chaotic

Fenix_of_Doom
2007-05-24, 11:34 AM
I belive both warlocs and hexblades can't be good
samurai has to be lawfull
blackguard has to be evil
Edit: crusader can't be true neutral and can't shift alignment.

NWN champion of torm has to be good, does that count?

that's all I can think and of none of them sound like a funny mach

NullAshton
2007-05-24, 11:36 AM
A gestalt Barbarian//Monk/Drunken Master.

Just think about it, a raging monk skilled in fighting while drunk. It would be awesome.

Telonius
2007-05-24, 02:27 PM
Sounds like my uncle Lou.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-05-24, 02:35 PM
I belive both warlocs and hexblades can't be good
Warlocks must be evil or chaotic. So there could be a Chaotic Good warlock.