PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate hype man

daremetoidareyo
2015-10-20, 06:04 PM
Let's craft the ultimate hype man. Like Samwise Gemji with Flare and less autonomy.

This guy helps a single other character maximize their potential. And that other character is a barbarian 20. Every action the hype man takes in battle and during skill checks directly helps the barbarian have the maximum power. The bard cannot buff self unless it directly impacts the barbarians ability to win.

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking marshal 4 /bardblade X

Isn't there a prestige class that allows you to lend your feats to another person? Cuz that seems super awesome.

2015-10-20, 06:12 PM
Sounds like you need a buff-bot. How about...

Beguiler 6/Rainbow Servant 10/Archmage 4

By level 16, this dude can cast spontaneously from a list including some of the best wizard spells there are...as well as anything on the cleric spell list; his maximum spell level at level 16 is 6th level spells, which is pretty good. There's so many great buff spells in that build, I'm sure you can hype a barbarian into a demigod if yo have the need.

ben-zayb
2015-10-21, 05:30 AM
Anything similar to Team Solar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?188138-Team-Solars-(Archiving)) would be my guess.

Telonius
2015-10-21, 09:03 AM
You could probably do this with an Artificer, particularly if the Barbarian is a Warforged. The Artificer spends all of his craft reserve making magic items for the Barbarian. During combat, heals and buffs. Wands and scrolls to duplicate any spells.

The Viscount
2015-10-21, 11:35 AM
A level of savant will let your allies use your skill ranks when they roll certain checks, the list is restrictive but useful.

The Draconic Aura feat will provide another major aura like bonus, scaling if you are dragonblooded.