PDA

View Full Version : Paladin final abilities

1Forge
2015-10-20, 06:55 PM
Stylistic changes aside, would the devotion paladin at level 18-20 be unbalanced with a vengeance paladins final ability (avenging angel)? I dont think it matters but what are your thoughts?

(p.s. dont tell me what was intended or what the devotion paladin is "supposed" to be I just want to know on a stat basis if it would be folly)

Doof
2015-10-20, 07:13 PM
Holy Nimbus makes you a mini-sun for 1 minute, and Avenging Angel lets you fly for a whole hour and gives you something like draconic presence, that may be reapplied of you encounter the same individual more than once in a day.

Just keep it at level 20 not 18-20 like you mentioned and I don't think it'll matter a whole lot at that point in time. You're about as powerful as it gets without going epic boons anyway :P

1Forge
2015-10-20, 07:20 PM
Holy Nimbus makes you a mini-sun for 1 minute, and Avenging Angel lets you fly for a whole hour and gives you something like draconic presence, that may be reapplied of you encounter the same individual more than once in a day.

Just keep it at level 20 not 18-20 like you mentioned and I don't think it'll matter a whole lot at that point in time. You're about as powerful as it gets without going epic boons anyway :P

Lol good point.

recapdrake
2015-10-20, 09:35 PM
It's super not balanced. If you are running with a light cleric then the devotion capstone is sorta decent, otherwise the vengeance one is one of the what 6 ways to gain flying in the game? There is no contest.

EDIT: Never mind I just reread corona of light and it doesn't even remotely interact with the devotion capstone so forget that little bit about being decent, from a purely optimization point of view always get yourself wings with which you can chase your vow of enmity target.