PDA

View Full Version : DM Help possessed teiflings stats?

1Forge
2015-10-20, 11:57 PM
So in my game there is a city state of all teiflings. Recently they were all possessed by their ancestor devils (in my game teiflings owe their souls to their devil ancestors if they don't meet certain unknown terms and conditions) the devils collected their debt early to help the god of hell make a power play on the world with two other deities. Our adventurers are trapped their by the city and are going to try to solve it. We have clerics and paladins who I rule do extra damage to these creatures (who cant even stand being in a church building due to the tenuous grip of their ancestors)

Do these stats seem balanced? (our party is 3rd level with about 8-9 players 1 paladin and 2 clerics almost guaranteed along with a rogue, a warlock, a bard, and two wizards, the other players are barbarians I think) they all have limited use magic items that vary in usefulness.
note: Possessed teiflings are just using commoner stats "taken" teiflings are like the more unstable ones.
hp:12
Ac:11
Str 12
Dex 12
Int 9
Cha 9
Wis 10
Con 10
Resistant to: Necrotic
Immune to: Fire
Vulnerable to: Radiant
Status immunities: None
Abilities: Choose 1
Pourous skin: The demonic power trys to utilize your spells power to help it maintain control, disadvantage on magic checks vs this creature.
Liquid form: The creature can effectively change small portions of its body from liquid to solid disadvantage on non magical ranged attacks.
Claws of hell: Unarmed opponents can sense and deflect melee attacks with their hands, disadvantage to non magical melee attacks

P.s. Also I need a way to reverse this to free the teiflings...killing kills both the host and the devil, so our party might try to avoid it but not if there is no other way, how would they reverse this blight? Maybe holy water or something?

Inevitability
2015-10-21, 05:21 AM
What are 'magic checks'?

And for separating host and possessor, holy water sounds like a good idea.

1Forge
2015-10-21, 08:56 AM
What are 'magic checks'?

And for separating host and possessor, holy water sounds like a good idea.

sorry i was typing this quickly at night. "magic checks" should just be magical attacks. (Example: disadvantage to hit with fire bolt, and they have advantage to dodge vs burning hands)