PDA

View Full Version : Base Class: Force Adept

Mr. Moogle
2007-05-24, 12:25 PM
Drail and Fronm, two goblin ambushers, hastily scurry through the thick underbrush. Earlier that day they had found human footprints and now they were only 20 feet away from their quary, a cloaked wanderer with a large, jingling coinpurse. Drail aims a poisoned knife and hurls it with deadly accuracy.
CLANG!!!
The knife, smashed out of the air by a fluid swordstroke, falls to the ground. Drail and Fronm look up, astonished.
"Well, what do we have here?" says the cloaked Force Adept, "What do we have here?"...

Force Adept
Hit dice d6
Bab: as fighter
saves: as wizard
Skills: At 1st, 6 + INT modifier x 4
every level thereafter 6 + INT modifier

level1, Force hand, Force shield
level2, Force Feat
level3, Inner Force, Combat force
level4, Force deflect
level5, Force Feat, I sense a Disturbance
level6, -
level7, Di Force
level8, Tri Force
level9, -
level10, Force aura

Weapon Proficiencies: the force adept is proficient with all simple weapons and light armor, but not with shields

Force hand (SU): this ability allows the user to manipulate objects via an extradimensional power (AKA the Force). It starts as only 5 pound telekinesis but you add 5 pounds more weight for every level of force adept and every point of WIS modifier (therefor a level one force adept (+5) with 16 WIS (+15) would have a total of 20 pound telekinesis). Also when hurtling objects (a touch attack) you get +1 to attack and damage per every 10 pounds of extra force you use.

Force Shield (SU): You add your WIS modifier to your AC.

Inner Force (SU): You add your WIS modifier to your saves.

Combat force (SU): Using the Force no longer provokes an attack of opportunity.

Force Deflection (SU): The force adept gains Deflect Arrows even if he dosent meet the prerequisites.

I Sense A Disturbance...(SU): The force adept gains blindsence 30 and improved uncanny dodge.

Di/Tri force (SU): a force adept can use the force on as many as 2/3 object when using force hand.

Force Aura: At the cost of a temporary -2 WIS a level 10 force adept can use force an everything in a 30 foot radius.

Ceres
2007-05-24, 12:45 PM
A nice start. However, I do think it would be petter as a prestige class. And Force Shield at lvl 1 makes it way too dipworthy.

Mr. Moogle
2007-05-24, 01:08 PM
but i think making it a prestige class would ruin the genral feel of the class, and wha dose "Dipworthy" mean?

AmberVael
2007-05-24, 01:30 PM
'Dipping' is where you only take a few levels and then multiclass out of the class you were taking. In this case, take the one level to add wisdom to AC, then run off.
Especially since it isn't a PrC. You honestly have nothing to lose.
Though I'd honestly go for three levels so I could add to my saves.

Mr. Moogle
2007-05-24, 02:47 PM
But I'd like to point out that people could also dip by going into monk, than go back and do whatever they want to because they never lose their abilitys.

Vaniel
2007-05-24, 02:56 PM
A one level dip in Monk, meh. Not a dip I would take :P

Though, I'd take a dip right now. 32 degree celsius, dang! :D

AmberVael
2007-05-24, 03:02 PM
But I'd like to point out that people could also dip by going into monk, than go back and do whatever they want to because they never lose their abilitys.
Yes, but that dip in monk won't give you +1 extra attack bonus, and you'll have to be without armor to use their wisdom ability.
No such limit in this class.
Plus these guys get a nice amount of skill points, good HP, and no alignment restriction.

Mr. Moogle
2007-05-24, 04:40 PM
I was differing between a d6 and a d8 for hit dice and i used the rangers skill points, but the reason i added force shield at level one is because i didnt think their HP could stand very much punishment. Oh well... i guess ill change the HD to a d6.

Also here are the force feats, or at least a start to them.

Natural force
Prerequisites: force hand class ability
Benifit: add +10 pounds to your total amount that you can lift.

Overchannel
Prerequisites: Wis 15, force hand class ability
Benifit: At a temporary -2 peanalty to Wis you may multiply your total force pounds liftable by 1.5.

Also, do you think the force abilitys are cheap?