PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Kineticist Wild Talents] Void Composite Blasts

Xuldarinar
2015-10-21, 03:05 AM
Void Composite Blasts
-Composite blasts combine elements to form a new blast. In the case of the options described below, one of those elements is void. Integrating the forces of gravity and negative energy with the elements, be they conventional or unconventional, a chaokineticist can achieve wield abilities that are beyond the reaches of those relying on the orthodox tools of creation alone.

ASHEN BLAST
Elements Fire and Void; Type composite blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 2
Prerequisites fire blast, negative blast
Blast Type physical; Damage half bludgeoning, half cold
You slam a single foe with a dense ball of ash.

CRYSTALLINE BLAST
Elements Earth and Void; Type composite blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 2
Prerequisites earth blast, gravity blast
Blast Type physical; Damage Bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing
You exert a massive amount of force on earth, forming crystals to hurl at your foes

DUST BLAST
Prerequisites earth blast, negative blast
Blast Type physical; Damage half bludgeoning, half non-lethal, or bludgeoning (see below)
You slam a single foe with a dense ball of dust. Creatures that take non-lethal damage from this blast must make a fortitude save or become fatigued as if by dehydration. Creatures that succeed on this save, or are otherwise immune to non-lethal damage, instead take bludgeoning damage as if this were a simple blast. Creatures of the Water subtype take this damage as half bludgeoning damage and half typeless lethal damage. This does not stack to cause exhaustion.

GRAVE DIRT BLAST
Prerequisites earth blast, negative blast
Blast Type physical; Damage half bludgeoning, half negative
You infuse soil with negative energy and hurl it at a foe.

ROTTING BLAST
Elements Void and Wood; Type composite blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 2
Prerequisites negative blast, wood blast
Blast Type physical; Damage half bludgeoning, half slashing
You unleash a blast of rotting plant matter at your target.

SALT BLAST
Elements Void and Water; Type composite blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 2
Prerequisites negative blast, water blast
Blast Type physical; Damage half non-lethal, half slashing, or bludgeoning (see below)
You bombard your foe with shards of salt. Creatures that take non-lethal damage from this blast must make a fortitude save or become fatigued as if by dehydration. Creatures that succeed on this save, or are otherwise immune to non-lethal damage, instead take slashing damage as if this were a simple blast. Creatures of the Water subtype take this damage as half slashing damage and half typeless lethal damage. This does not stack to cause exhaustion.

STAR BLAST
Elements Fire and Void; Type composite blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 2
Prerequisites fire blast, gravity blast
Blast Type physical; Damage half bludgeoning, half fire
You hurl a super dense ball of flame at your foe.

UNHOLY WATER BLAST
Elements Void and Water; Type composite blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 2
Prerequisites negative blast, water blast
Blast Type physical; Damage bludgeoning, or half bludgeoning, half untyped (See below)
You infuse water with negative energy and slam a foe with it. This deals damage as water blast and is compatible with all infusions that water blast is, but it deals the composite blast's amount of damage when used against good outsiders or other creatures harmed by unholy water. When used against a good outsider, or another creature that takes damage from unholy water, half of the damage dealt is untyped. Whenever a creature or situation would have a unique interaction with unholy water, aside from the damage good outsiders would take, it applies equally true for unholy water blast.

VACUUM BLAST
Elements Air and Void; Type composite blast (Sp); Level -; Burn 2
Prerequisites air blast, negative blast
Blast Type physical; Damage half-bludgeoning, half-nonlethal, or bludgeoning (see below)
You forcefully rip the air from the immediate area around your foe. Creatures that can non-lethal damage from this blast must make a fortitude save or become fatigued. Creatures that succeed on this save, do not breath, or are otherwise immune to non-lethal damage, instead take bludgeoning damage as if this were a simple blast. Creatures of the Air subtype take this damage as half bludgeoning damage and half typeless lethal damage. This does not stack to cause exhaustion.

Infusion Wild Talents
-Although there are no new infusions described here, each blast described above has associated with it a number of infusions;

-Ashen Blast: Chilling infusion, darkness infusionoo, enervating infusionoo, greater darkness infusionoo, and torrent.
-Crystalline Blast: Bowling infusion, brilliant infusion, darkness infusionoo, deadly earth, entangling infusion, fragmentation, greater darkness infusionoo, impale, and pushing infusion.
-Dust Blast: Darkness infusionoo, deadly earth, enervating infusionoo, entangling infusion, greater darkness infusionoo, magnetic infusion, and pushing infusion.
-Grave Dirt Blast: Bowling infusion, deadly earth, enervating infusion*, entangling infusion, and pushing infusion.
-Rotting Blast: Darkness infusionoo, deadly earth, entangling infusion, greater darkness infusionoo, greater toxic infusionoo, impale, pushing infusion, and toxic infusionoo.
-Salt Blast: Darkness infusionoo, enervating infusionoo, entangling infusion, fragmentation, greater darkness infusionoo, impale, pushing infusion, spray, and torrent.
-Star Blast: Burning infusion, explosion, flash infusion, pulling infusionoo, pushing infusion, and singularity.
-Vacuum Blast: Cyclone, darkness infusionoo, enervating infusionoo, greater darkness infusionoo, gusting infusion, pulling infusion, and torrent.

Xuldarinar
2015-10-21, 04:26 AM
I appreciate the, I presume, positive response.

I've ripped out black lightning, shadowfire, and uttercold. Negative admixture covers those interactions. I am working on creating a blast that integrates Negative and Wood, however. so what is currently above isn't the end of it.

Edit: Rotting blast complete.

Edit 2: How strange, they removed their post... Ok then. From this point forward, this can be a change log, if required of this post, anyways.

Ethereal Gears
2015-10-22, 10:15 AM
This is pretty darn cool. Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any way to have the rotting blast infusion sicken or nauseate targets or infect them with green slime or something like that? Otherwise, that needs to happen!

Cheers,
- Gears

Xuldarinar
2015-10-22, 03:46 PM
Sicken, yes. Those other conditions, however, I know not. I should work on such a thing.

Ethereal Gears
2015-10-23, 12:54 AM
How do you sicken people with a blast? Is that a regular Paizo kineticist wild talent? I'm afraid I'm not as up on this class as I should be before commenting on a homebrew related to it. I just thought these blasts looked really cool. Anyway, if there already is a sickening blast thing, I'm not sure how necessary the other ones are, although it would be cool to be able to ramp it up and make it truly disgusting with the rotting blasts, at an increased resource and opportunity cost, of course. :)

Cheers,
- Gears

Xuldarinar
2015-10-23, 01:02 AM
How do you sicken people with a blast? Is that a regular Paizo kineticist wild talent? I'm afraid I'm not as up on this class as I should be before commenting on a homebrew related to it. I just thought these blasts looked really cool. Anyway, if there already is a sickening blast thing, I'm not sure how necessary the other ones are, although it would be cool to be able to ramp it up and make it truly disgusting with the rotting blasts, at an increased resource and opportunity cost, of course. :)

Cheers,
- Gears

One of the infusions that came out in Occult Origins can apply the sicken condition, and it is one for which rotting blast does qualifies for.

I'll consider making more things to make a rotting blast really.. grotesque.

khadgar567
2015-10-23, 08:46 AM
is there any chance we can call star blast as hadouken

Xuldarinar
2015-10-23, 08:49 AM
is there any chance we can call star blast as hadouken

Shoryuken.

Ethereal Gears
2015-10-23, 09:01 AM
Did you just say, "Attack the fruity kid?" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHLQAthI7M)

...sorry. I had to. :D