PDA

View Full Version : Half-Giant race?

Lolzords
2007-05-24, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that there is a race of Half-Giant's called the Rahk or the Roc or something. They're magic hating half-giants who are completely immune to magic. Complete immune to healing and protection magics as well as offensive ones too, so if they're dead, dead for good, and level drained for good too.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

melchizedek
2007-05-24, 02:12 PM
I haven't heard of them. It sounds like they might be interesting to play. Far better as an NPC than as a PC though.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-05-24, 02:18 PM
I've never heard of your description of Half-Giants, but there is a Half-Giant race in the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Morty
2007-05-24, 02:29 PM
The half-giants as psionic race never made any sense for me. Why should a crossbreed of human and giant be psionic race:smallconfused: ?

WampaX
2007-05-24, 02:50 PM
The half-giants as psionic race never made any sense for me. Why should a crossbreed of human and giant be psionic race:smallconfused: ?

Darksun Campaign Setting

Vuzzmop
2007-05-25, 12:12 AM

Half giants are created as slaves, from the interbreeding of humans and giants. Their conflicted and tortured minds become psionic much more easily then those of other races.

TheThan
2007-05-25, 12:28 AM
Darksun Campaign Setting

Half giants are created as slaves, from the interbreeding of humans and giants. Their conflicted and tortured minds become psionic much more easily then those of other races.

Nuts. You guys beat me to it.

Devils_Advocate
2007-05-25, 02:33 AM
Heh heh...

"Now, I'm just trying to follow this, bear with me. Your dad was a regular orc. Your mom was a regular human. You were born in the desert. You can go an extended amount of time without water. Now, who did you inherit that from?"
- Sigil Prep (http://www.sigilprep.com/)

Or there's that half-elven bonus to Diplomacy and Gather Information checks. One could simply call it hybrid vigor, I suppose, although no doubt more specific explanations can be given for particular cases. (In the case of half-elves, for example, we are not talking about the decendants of random humans and random elves; we are talking exclusively about the decendants of individuals each of whom decided to mate with a member of another race. It would surprise me if those decidedly non-random samples of each parent race didn't tend more than average elves or humans to get along well with a wide variety of people. So the simplest explanation for this half-elven trait is probably just that half-elves inherited it from their ancestors, whether through heredity of environment.)