PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help deciding class based on rolled stats.

Nikolaz72
2015-10-21, 08:19 AM
Hey there, my GM had us roll up stats at a short meetup and we are to decide our characters until next time we meet. We had a unique thing where the player next to you rolled your stats and we sat in a small circle.

Stats I got handed to me are this.

I considered going 'middle aged' in order to have equal stats, but I was thinking maybe someone had an idea of a class like Transmutation Wizard which does very slight changes to ability points? Anything that can make them more equal with me being able to decide the age of my character would be neat.

Edit: PS, we are allowed to choose any non-monstrous race featured on Paizo. Aka Featured, Uncommon, Other.

DedWards
2015-10-21, 08:28 AM
Do you want to play a caster or martial class? Because those stats fit very nicely with the Dual-wielding Sawtooth Saber Fighter I'm currently running.

Nikolaz72
2015-10-21, 08:36 AM
Hm. Its going to be a low level game, dual wielding when unable to turn that 17 into an 18 would be painful to me, if I kept it 17 I'd probably take a twohander as not to loose out on a damage point.

I'm looking for a martial build in this case. If I was building mage it'd be as easy as going to middle age and bam, all stats equalized.

Novawurmson
2015-10-21, 08:55 AM
Good physical stats, good Int.

Magus, Alchemist, Investigator, Occultist, Brawler, even Slayer would work.

You could do fine as a Ranger or Barbarian.

If 3rd party is allowed, Soulknife, Aegis, Warder, Cryptic, and Tactician work for DSP material. Maybe mageknight from SoP?

DedWards
2015-10-21, 09:01 AM
Hm. Its going to be a low level game, dual wielding when unable to turn that 17 into an 18 would be painful to me, if I kept it 17 I'd probably take a twohander as not to loose out on a damage point.

I'm looking for a martial build in this case. If I was building mage it'd be as easy as going to middle age and bam, all stats equalized.

Actually, with those stats, you could play the TWF I am and be better at it. Playing human (for the bonus feat) you can have the following at level 1:

STR 19 (17 + 2 racial)
DEX 17
CON 15
INT 7/9*
WIS 15
CHA 7/9*

*This choice is up to you, they're both dump stats for the build I'm running.

Level 1 Feats:
Two-Weapon Fighting
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Sawtooth Saber
Quick Draw.

This gives you two attacks at +3//+3 to hit dealing 1d8+4//1d8+2 damage at level 1.

Just be sure to get the highest AC armor you can afford.

I've even mapped out a level by level chart on what feats to get to be awesome at dual-wielding these cool swords.

Your first two level advancement Ability bonuses should go into into DEX to qualify for Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, but if you aren't going to level up that far (earliest you can get it as a Fighter is level 11), you can put them into STR for more damage.

Favoured Class bonus goes into HP. Fighters are melee, why wouldn't they put this into HP?

Nikolaz72
2015-10-21, 09:41 AM
Considering Damphir with a certain heritage. Middle aged. Think I'm going to go Antipaladin, otherwise this works pretty well for a cleric if a bit low on con/dex...

Considering these stats.

18 Strength (17+2-1)
12 Dexterity (15-2-1)
14 Constitution (15-1)
10 Intelligence (9+1)
8 Wisdom (7+1)
20 Charisma (17+2+1)

If not antipaladin it'll be a cleric with a low dexterity probably. I want to go lawful evil so the GM would have to accept a house rule that I can avoid Chaotic Evil alignment. Chaotic Evil is just taboo. Another race and then an evil magus could be possible too.

DedWards
2015-10-21, 09:47 AM
If not antipaladin it'll be a cleric with a low dexterity probably. I want to go lawful evil so the GM would have to accept a house rule that I can avoid Chaotic Evil alignment. Chaotic Evil is just taboo.

My group already has a house rule where Paladins can be any Good (not just Lawful Good) and Antipaladin can be any Evil (not just Chaotic Evil). It has worked out well for us.