PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Late Game Prestige Classes?

A.A.King
2015-10-21, 09:31 AM
What are some of the (better) prestige classes you generally cannot enter before say level 8-10~ (or maybe even not until later)?
When I say "cannot enter" I mean because it requires you to have atleast 11 Skill ranks in a certain, a BAB of 9 or the ability to cast 5th Level Spells. Example: "Exemplar"

Flickerdart
2015-10-21, 09:52 AM
Sublime Chord is super-great for bards that want to jump up a tier.

I've always been fond of Magelord - it's not super-awesome, but being able to spontaneously convert prepared spells into mastered spells is a great excuse to prepare those ultra-situational spells you wouldn't waste a slot on otherwise. If they don't come up, turn them all into black tentacles, which will always find a use. It's like being a sorcerer and a wizard at the same time! And free Sneak Attack doesn't hurt.

Body Leech also has a 10th level entry due to requiring mind switch. It's a super-cool PrC that lets you drain power from captured bodies, and eventually cheat death by transferring your mind into them.

zyggythorn
2015-10-21, 11:47 AM
If you're big on the prismatic line of spells, may I suggest the rainbow stripp- ahem- I mean, Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil?

Requires 12 ranks in spellcraft, 12 ranks in know: arcane, and IIRC 4ranks in know: nature, spell focus: abjuration, greater spell focus: abjuration, and skill focus: spellcraft

ILM
2015-10-21, 11:49 AM
I've always been fond of Magelord - it's not super-awesome, but being able to spontaneously convert prepared spells into mastered spells is a great excuse to prepare those ultra-situational spells you wouldn't waste a slot on otherwise. If they don't come up, turn them all into black tentacles, which will always find a use. It's like being a sorcerer and a wizard at the same time! And free Sneak Attack doesn't hurt.
I always wondered about that capstone though. Spontaneous metamagic to signature spells? Was that not always possible?

Dread_Head
2015-10-21, 12:23 PM
Archmage would be one of the classic in late game prestige classes and is reasonably strong for a level or two dip or even all 5 levels in a core only game.

sleepyphoenixx
2015-10-21, 12:38 PM
Eternal Blade requires BAB 10. It's a pretty solid martial adept PrC. The only downside is that you have to play an elf or half-elf.

Psyren
2015-10-21, 12:44 PM
Contemplative is one of my favorites. It starts by giving you a domain and it only gets better from there.

Mr Adventurer
2015-10-21, 04:45 PM
I like Hierophant for Cleric levels 21 to 25. Increased caster level but no new spells slots you say? Well shoot.

darksolitaire
2015-10-21, 04:54 PM
Foclucan Lyrist is neat PrC if you can enter it without crippling your build. You can actually enter at level 10 if you take two feats to get extra skill rank.

I like Hierophant for Cleric levels 21 to 25. Increased caster level but no new spells slots you say? Well shoot.

It's even better on Ur-Priest :smallamused:

Tohsaka Rin
2015-10-21, 08:33 PM
If you're big on the prismatic line of spells, may I suggest the rainbow stripp- ahem- I mean, Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil?

Rainbow Exotic Dancer, good sir.

torrasque666
2015-10-21, 08:43 PM
Hellfire Warlock can't be entered before 10th level.

ranagrande
2015-10-21, 09:07 PM
The Verdant Lord from Masters of the Wild, possibly my favorite Druid PrC, cannot be entered until level 15.

Many of the dragon PrCs from Draconomicon require level 17 to enter.