PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Distant Worlds: Is There More?

Palanan
2015-10-21, 01:29 PM
I finally got a look at Distant Worlds yesterday, and I was surprised and disappointed at how little useful material was available in a 64-page booklet. One or two pages is hardly enough for an entire planet, which was all many of them seemed to have.

Are the worlds of the Golarion system fleshed out more fully anywhere else? Or are these essentially build stubs for planets?

Tvtyrant
2015-10-21, 02:20 PM
I'm not a Pathfinder player, so IDK. But I do know that Spelljammer had the same issue, with some planets getting 5 pages but most getting 1 and a few getting no more than a paragraph (planet of Tarrasques).

Psyren
2015-10-21, 03:02 PM
People of the Stars (the Kasatha book, among others) might have more, plus any books on Numeria since a lot of the magitech there came from offworld.

But I imagine those other worlds will get fleshed out more eventually as they continue to write APs.

Sayt
2015-10-21, 03:38 PM
The Space (SPAAAACE!) stuff is sprinkled throughout the product line post-distant worlds. Triaxus and Triaxians are featured in the Rise of Winter AP, an Eoxian Simulacrum of a Necromancer shows up in Shattered Star, Tuubo-Yithians and Lashunta appear in the Occult Bestiary.

But a lot of them are build stubs, designed to let you build your own alien world, rather than being dictated too.

There's also the fact that other worlds/space/tech-y stuff are a bit of an iffy subject in fantasy settings, Paizo didn't know if other planets and a 'technological' veneer over their fantasy was going to fly, hell, some people weren't happy with Jade Empire's departure from Fantastical Europe.