PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Scrying and spells!

ImSAMazing
2015-10-21, 03:37 PM
Lets say you got a Missile Control character with unlimited Scrying spells. Which spells can be cast thru Scrying? Planar Binding should work by RAW, am I missing any other spells?

Inevitability
2015-10-22, 12:51 PM
Where did you get the idea Planar Binding works through a scrying sensor?

SharkForce
2015-10-22, 12:55 PM
Where did you get the idea Planar Binding works through a scrying sensor?

i'm guessing something like the target being "a creature you can see" or some other combination of similar words.

Flashy
2015-10-22, 02:57 PM
Lets say you got a Missile Control character with unlimited Scrying spells. Which spells can be cast thru Scrying? Planar Binding should work by RAW, am I missing any other spells?

What about the 60' range on Planar Binding though? The spell description requires that the creature be in range for the entire duration of the cast.

ImSAMazing
2015-10-22, 04:58 PM
Misread that one. Any other spells that could work?

Vogonjeltz
2015-10-22, 05:11 PM
i'm guessing something like the target being "a creature you can see" or some other combination of similar words.

Planar Binding actually doesn't have those words, it does have a range of 60 feet.

Also, both spells would require use of the caster's concentration, so they can't be done simultaneously.

SharkForce
2015-10-22, 05:33 PM
Planar Binding actually doesn't have those words, it does have a range of 60 feet.

Also, both spells would require use of the caster's concentration, so they can't be done simultaneously.

well then I got nothing. no idea why there'd be an assumption scrying would let *any* spell ignore basic LoE requirements in any event.

Blood of Gaea
2015-10-22, 11:00 PM
Storm of Vengeance and Tsunami are both offensive spells with a range of "Sight".

Arguably the best strategy for this method: Cast Project Image (range:500 Miles) then when you see something you don't like, Wish for a Tsunami. Bonus points in a water campaign.

Inevitability
2015-10-23, 04:39 AM
I think the following would cause problems:

A Clear Path to the Target
To target something, you must have a clear path to it,
so it can’t be behind total cover.
If you place an area of effect at a point that you can’t
see and an obstruction, such as a wall, is between you
and that point, the point of origin comes into being on the
near side of that obstruction.