PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tokyo Ghoul Aegis Build

Ravian
2015-10-21, 04:09 PM
After discovering the Aberrant archetype for the Aegis, my first thought was how to build a kagune using ghoul from Tokyo Ghoul.

Race would preferably be a Dhampir of some heritage (most likely Jiang-Shi or Vetala born) to gain a bite attack as well as the ability to drain blood (refluffed as eating their flesh.) Human with the Dhampir Racial Heritage feat is also acceptable.

Tentacle customizations for extra natural weapons as well as some grapple bonuses.

Other than that I'm primarily interested in the best way to make my natural weapons and grappling better. A way to get some claws, or mix natural and unarmed attacks effectively would be preferable.

I think the best way to get that would be to multiclass in either ranger for the natural weapon combat style, or monk to use the feral combat style to add my natural weapons to my flurry.

The issue is that both of these builds are likely to be very MAD, since they are primarily close combat builds which also rely on light armor, and while the Aegis uses intelligence, both the ranger and monk also use wisdom. Basically charisma is the only ability that is completely unnecessary.

Way I see it, my priorities are to find a way to minimize my need for one or more other attributes, as well as any other tips for the build.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-21, 04:12 PM
Beastmorph (maybe vivisectionist too if it is compatible) Alchemist seems like it would fit your needs.

Ravian
2015-10-21, 05:10 PM
Beastmorph (maybe vivisectionist too if it is compatible) Alchemist seems like it would fit your needs.

Hmm, that might probably be a better idea. Would cut down on the feats necessary as well (since I could use feral mutagen instead of unnatural origin and aspect of the beast). Plus the vivisectionist adds a nice sneak attack that fits with ghouls.

Dusk Eclipse
2015-10-21, 05:30 PM
I was just shooting in the dark to be honest, I'm not familiar with Tokyo Ghoul (I swear it is on my to-watch list). But based on your description it seemed to fit, also don't forget you also get extracts which might help you to nab some hard to get abilities.

Tuvarkz
2015-10-21, 05:51 PM
I was just shooting in the dark to be honest, I'm not familiar with Tokyo Ghoul (I swear it is on my to-watch list). But based on your description it seemed to fit, also don't forget you also get extracts which might help you to nab some hard to get abilities.

Read the manga instead, the anime adaptation butchers the content. But yeah, Alchemist should do the trick.

Ravian
2015-10-21, 06:23 PM
Beastmorph also has the added advantage of granting scent, which is another key part of Ghouls which I had forgotten.

Three levels of Alchemist seems like enough to get what I need for the concept. But given that there's an Aegis feat that adds up to four levels of customization points, there's no real harm in taking four. It gives another 10 minutes of mutagen, and it lets me take another discovery.

Regeneration is another ability ghouls have, so spontaneous healing should probably work for the concept.

Any other tricks to get fast healing? I had planned on handling it mainly through magic items and blood drinking for temporary hp, but I'm interested in any other tricks people might know.

Ravian
2015-10-21, 06:40 PM
Read the manga instead, the anime adaptation butchers the content. But yeah, Alchemist should do the trick.

As someone who's currently watching the anime and has not read the manga yet, I think that's a little harsh. I'm only a little into the second season so far but I'm still enjoying it quite a bit.

I can imagine it may be difficult to go into it from the manga though, given that you'll keep having to compare it to what you've already seen.

In my opinion though the anime is quite nice, and I don't see why one can't just read the manga afterwards. Generally I find that unless an anime adaptation of a manga is objectively bad (regardless of how it measures up to the manga) you'll probably enjoy it unless you've already read the manga. From that perspective, the best way to maximize your enjoyment is to watch the anime first, and then read the manga afterwards when you have time. (Particularly given that finding manga reliably is usually more difficult and expensive than finding the anime.) That's what I did with Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist (though FMA had the benefit of then making Brotherhood as well), and it's what I plan on doing for Tokyo Ghoul once I finish up season 2.

Mithril Leaf
2015-10-21, 07:44 PM
Any other tricks to get fast healing? I had planned on handling it mainly through magic items and blood drinking for temporary hp, but I'm interested in any other tricks people might know.

Feat chain in Bloodforge gives you fast healing 2. Pretty easy and accessible. 2 or 3 depending on your race.

Makkel
2016-01-05, 03:37 AM
I once did a ghoul-race with a pal of mine. It came out like this.

The RED CHILD race (named after the Tokyo Ghoul Wikia translation of "Kagune", which is what sets the ghouls apart from humans, google it; its a good read)
• Medium Humanoid (Aberration) (is treated as both the Humanoid and the Aberration type, like the Half-elf or Half-orc, except both Humanoid and Aberration aren't subtypes)
• Base land speed 30 ft.
• RED CHILDS are physically strong, though they seem distant and otherworldly, thus they receive a +2 bonus to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution, but a -4 penalty to Charisma
• Low-Light vision
• Fast Healing 2 (+1 at every character level). They only benefit from this if they have eaten human meat in the last 48 hours
• Gain Dodge as a bonus feat (unless their dexterity is below 10, then they automatically gain the feat once their dexterity reaches 13).
• RED CHILDS breaths as normal, but because of their density of Red Blood Cells they need only to sleep 4 hours a day (though they must sleep more to regains spells and other abilities that says they must rest for 6 hours). Also, their bodies cannot digest normal food or drinks, only the flesh/meat of Humans (including Half-orc, Half-elfs, and others [as appropriate]). They need to eat all the meat of a human body equal their own size, a month. They can eat more if they choose so. If they don't eat the meat, they begin to starve at twice the speed of humans.
• RED CHILDS gain a +10 Disguise bonus to appear as Humanoid (Human) as the appereances are near identical, also NPC's and other players can only try to unmask the RED CHILD as a RED CHILD if they have a reason to believe so (having been with the RED CHILD for 24 hours, and the RED CHILD is yet to eat anything at all, for example)

The Race Points for this is about 16 points, if I remember correctly, so beware if you start with them as a character of level 4 or lower.