PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder NPC Campaign

Sir Chuckles
2015-10-21, 06:51 PM
I've had the idea of an NPC campaign mulling about in the back of head for a long time. However, there are myriads of obvious problems that need to be addressed in order to make sure that people are enjoying themselves.

I'd like the campaign to feature a party of one character of each class, to prevent a party of just three warriors and two adepts. I'd also be using the Courtesan (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-npc-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/courtesan). So that leaves the big question.

What house rules would I need to implement to ensure some form of viability in all the classes?
I though on a larger point buy for Commoner over, say, Adept, but with the lack of class features, it simply wouldn't be enough.
With the idea that I'm aiming for relatively low wealth and power, to the point where I plan on actively promoting the usage of improvised weapons and have considered starting out the players with next to no equipment or cash, what small abilities would I give each class?

Some form of feat progression to the warrior? An ranger-like animal companion to the Commoner? A numerical cure value to the Courtesan's Healing Touch?