PDA

View Full Version : Kick-The-Can

Meepo_
2015-10-21, 09:29 PM
This seems to be the perfect forum for this:

I've always wondered what the official kick-the-can rules were. How many guards are there? Do you have to tag people out, or just say their names when you see them? If you say their names: first, last, or both? If you tag them: one hand or two hand? How is puppy guarding defined? These are some serious dilemmas that I need to know the answer to so I can keep kicking cans correctly.

Domochevsky
2015-10-22, 06:44 AM
...wait, is this an actual thing and not just some weird forum threads that I don't understand? o_O

Leecros
2015-10-23, 10:43 AM
...wait, is this an actual thing and not just some weird forum threads that I don't understand? o_O

Kick-the-can is definitely a thing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kick_the_can).

Flickerdart
2015-10-23, 11:21 AM
I imagine all of those rules vary regionally, as well as by how many friends you have available for the game at any given time.

endoperez
2015-10-23, 01:43 PM
This seems to be the perfect forum for this:

I've always wondered what the official kick-the-can rules were. How many guards are there? Do you have to tag people out, or just say their names when you see them? If you say their names: first, last, or both? If you tag them: one hand or two hand? How is puppy guarding defined? These are some serious dilemmas that I need to know the answer to so I can keep kicking cans correctly.

I know of at least 3 variations right away, and I've probably forgotten several, AND I'm from Finland.

You might want to define it to a smaller region, first. If you want just a single set of rules, you'll havve to choose a small area - such as a single backyard.

8BitNinja
2015-11-05, 09:55 AM
I love the game Kick the Can

Tell me your stories about it

LibraryOgre
2015-11-05, 01:20 PM
The Mod Wonder: Threads merged. Please check for previous threads on the same subject before posting new threads.

cooldes
2015-11-07, 04:45 PM
i think it's just house rules man... or street rules?

Rockphed
2015-11-07, 08:09 PM
i think it's just house rules man... or street rules?

Like "my can-fu is greater, you will respect my dojo." So rules are decided by the victor?

My only experience with kick-the-can was an ice cream making exercise at summer camp. We stood in a circle and kicked the can around for ten minutes. Then ice cream.