PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder LE demon-killer looking for class

Thisguy_
2015-10-21, 11:20 PM
So I'm thinking of making myself a killer of demons who takes his job seriously enough that he's easily willing to ally with or even become their worst enemy, the devils.

Number one: He's crazy. Obviously. Devils rip you off, even if they're on your side. How can I avoid getting ripped off for longest while still helping devils kill demons?

Number two: He's martial. Some spellcasting is fine, but he's got to focus on the stabbing of demons over the casting them into oblivion route. What classes should I look into? Builds? I'm thinking of a leather-hat bladed badass who stabs big red fire guys.

FocusWolf413
2015-10-21, 11:37 PM
Devils are all about twisting the letter of the law to their favor. By that logic, the only viable build is *cringe* the D2 Crusader.

SangoProduction
2015-10-22, 03:05 AM
Paladin of Tyranny?

Without summoning classes, there's no real way to avoid getting ripped off by Devils, except with supreme Intelligence, or picking proper Devils who don't actually care that much about deals. But that's a problem in itself.

I think Swordsage uses Intelligence (don't quote me on that though).

DedWards
2015-10-22, 03:48 AM
I'm not sure if you're looking for a 3.5 class or Pathfinder class. A Fighter with gear enchanted specific for fighting Demons is an easy choice. Paladins can get anti-evil abilities and Demons are evil. Inquisitor can also go anti-evil, if you're worried about the Paladin's LG alignment. I guess a melee Cleric could fit the bill too.

Arutema
2015-10-22, 04:02 AM
Is this 3.5 or PF? Because PF has a martial-friendly prestige class devoted to this: The Hellknight (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/PrestigeClassesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Hellknight).

ShurikVch
2015-10-22, 06:40 AM
Planar Ranger/Foe Hunter with Hated Enemy (Demons)?

FocusWolf413
2015-10-22, 06:58 AM
Why don't you go all out with making a rogue/swordsage/warblade? Use kukris/short swords/natural weapons, get darkstalker/HiPS, jack your stealth through the roof, sneak up behind your targets, and shrek 'em good and solid.

Wacky89
2015-10-22, 07:29 AM
there's the Demonwrecker in Expedition to the Demonweb Pits.
Full casting, some nice abilities

Thisguy_
2015-10-22, 09:29 AM
I think Swordsage uses Intelligence (don't quote me on that though).

I posted this late at night and did not supply a system; sorry about that, see below.

Is this 3.5 or PF? Because PF has a martial-friendly prestige class devoted to this: The Hellknight (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/PrestigeClassesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Hellknight).

It's Pathfinder. Hellknight looks like a devil-slayer though; this character's mentality is, "demons are the greatest threat to existence at large. Compared to them, what's a little tyranny?" He isn't above working with devils, and it isn't even strictly necessary to buy power from them, just he's naturally averse to getting played by his "allies."

Getting kickass devil-powers or even becoming a fairly human-looking devil isn't even off the table, the soul is no big deal when there's something cosmos-ending on the line.

Sorry! Sometimes this happens when I get excited about a concept late a night - tagging OP with Pathfinder.

SangoProduction
2015-10-22, 01:23 PM
Hell knight is for destroying demons. It gets bonuses to charisma checks vs lawful nongood.

(Un)Inspired
2015-10-22, 03:08 PM
VMU Oracle for the Legalistic Curse. It gives you nice skill bonuses for all the face skills when dealing with someone (or something) one on one and if anyone breaks their word to you you get to go berserk on them.

Honestly I'd suggest straight up being an oracle (they really kick arse at fighting and wearing leather hats) if it want for the fact that you want the character to kinda suck at spellcasting.

If you can stomach just a splash of casting I think a steelblooded primalist bloodrager would be a pretty good fit.

With heavy armor you'll be protected from demons sharp claws and with Superstitious+Destined bloodline (you're destined to kill a bunch of demons) you'll be safe from all their nasty SLAs.

Baroncognito
2015-10-22, 04:49 PM
It's Pathfinder. Hellknight looks like a devil-slayer though; this character's mentality is, "demons are the greatest threat to existence at large. Compared to them, what's a little tyranny?" He isn't above working with devils, and it isn't even strictly necessary to buy power from them, just he's naturally averse to getting played by his "allies."

Getting kickass devil-powers or even becoming a fairly human-looking devil isn't even off the table, the soul is no big deal when there's something cosmos-ending on the line.

It's definitely about Demon slaying. You notice they get Smite Chaos and one of the disciplines they get is the ability to summon a devil using summon monster V, VI, or VII, depending on level.

Alternatively, play any class you want to and take Damnation feats (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/Feats.aspx?Category=Damnation).