PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Earth/Rock Themed Cleric Oread?

TonyTron
2015-10-21, 11:50 PM
Need help building a cleric Oread based around Earth/Rock abilities. The theme intrigued me, but I want to make sure it won't interfere with functionality.

Slate Sandston is starting at level 3 and equipped with Earth Breaker -- Any advice is appreciated.

(25 point buy system for ability scores)

Geddy2112
2015-10-22, 12:17 AM
The earth domain is not bad, but not great. Since you are a cleric, if you take a strong second domain you should be alright. You will still be a powerful full divine caster.

VexingFool
2015-10-22, 02:39 AM
Instead of a cleric have you considered a druid? Druids get access to a lot more earth/stone spells than clerics. Also the Oread Earth Affinity ability does not really help that much on the Earth domain spells. If it gave the level bonus to all spells with the Earth descriptor as well it would be much better.

I was thinking a Terrain Druid(Cave) with the Caves Subdomain. The Caves subdomain will give you access to 3 Pit spells as domain spells as well as the pretty nice tunnel runner ability. Eventually you will be able to wild shape into elemental(earth) form and even oozes at 10th. You could also go with the Terrain Druid(Mountain) instead if you like the abilities better and would prefer to change to giants instead of oozes.

Since you will have magic stone on your spell list I'd trade out the Oread magic stone spell-like ability for either the Ferrous Growth or the Treacherous Earth. The ferrous growth just seems like it could be really fun to use. The treacherous earth ability would work well with the mountain druid Sure-footed. I'd also trade the Earth Affinity for Earth Insight which would increase the duration on any earth-subtype creature summoned with summon nature's ally.

I don't know how you were planning on getting Earth Breaker proficiency but I would suggest the Adopted(Shoanti Human) trait with Shoanti Tattoo race trait which will give you proficiency with earth breakers, klars and shoanti bolas.

Stat wise I was thinking:
STR: 16(18)
DEX: 12
CON: 14
INT: 10
WIS: 16(18)
CHA: 8(6)

Honest Tiefling
2015-10-22, 12:13 PM
Given the theme of the character, would trading out Earth Affinity for Earth Insight be any good, both flavor-wise and mechanics wise? That is, if the character does indeed go druid. Or heck, if its any good, would it serve a cleric as well?

Psyren
2015-10-22, 12:57 PM
Heirloom Weapon will also get you proficiency with an Earth Breaker.

Your main issue though is figuring out what kind of cleric to be. (Gish or primary caster)